• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Questions: Tips for Successfully Onboarding New Hires

In summary, the online application is working, but the new recruit will have to choose between working in the new web program or in PP3. If she chooses the new web, the consultant will need to solicit help from their upline. She will receive her website for free immediately, and still has to sign up for it, it is not automatic. She will have to submit $1250 in commissionable sales in her first 90 days in order to qualify for the free e-biz tools, which are supposed to be available when she starts selling. She should be booking shows now, but can secure bookings before the show begins.
cochef
Gold Member
I need some help, please, since it has been a while since I have recruited someone. Here are my questions:
•Is the online application working ok now?
•Will my new recruit be working in the new web program or in PP3?
•If she will be in the new web, how do I offer support since I am clueless?
•In the "Achieve with Us" flyer, it says “Free 90-day e-Biz tools”. What does that consist of - just a personal website or something else? It also says “when you submit $1250 in commissionable sales in your 1st 90 days”. So, are the free e-biz tools right when she starts or after she submits the $1250 – can’t find the info in Consultant’s Corner.

I have been trying to get her to start selling for 3-4 years and she called me Friday night and wants to start right away!! We are doing a kick-off show on October 3rd and I told her I would give her the bookings from that show since they are her friends and they will be helping her start her business. That brings me to another question – how soon should we submit her application? If she won’t have shows scheduled until at least mid Oct. I told her we should do it right after her show because she is considering using the show credit towards her kit – right?
Sorry for all the questions – I just want to have my ducks in a row and not give her wrong info.

cochef said:
I need some help, please, since it has been a while since I have recruited someone. Here are my questions:
•Is the online application working ok now? YES, BUT SHE WILL NEED YOUR CONSULTANT NUMBER TO ENSURE YOU GET CREDIT
•Will my new recruit be working in the new web program or in PP3?THIS WILL BE HER CHOICE. SHE WILL RECEIVE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DOWNLOAD P3, OR SHE CAN WORK IN THE NEW WEB
•If she will be in the new web, how do I offer support since I am clueless?SOLICIT HELP FROM YOUR UPLINE IF SHE CHOOSES THE NEW WEB
•In the "Achieve with Us" flyer, it says “Free 90-day e-Biz tools”. What does that consist of - just a personal website or something else?SHE WILL RECEIVE HER WEBSITE FREE IMMEDIATELY, FOR 90 DAYS. SHE STILL HAS TO SIGN UP FOR IT, IT IS NOT AUTOMATIC.
It also says “when you submit $1250 in commissionable sales in your 1st 90 days”. So, are the free e-biz tools right when she starts or after she submits the $1250 – can’t find the info in Consultant’s Corner.

I have been trying to get her to start selling for 3-4 years and she called me Friday night and wants to start right away!! We are doing a kick-off show on October 3rd and I told her I would give her the bookings from that show since they are her friends and they will be helping her start her business. That brings me to another question – how soon should we submit her application? If she won’t have shows scheduled until at least mid Oct. I told her we should do it right after her show because she is considering using the show credit towards her kit – right? I WOULD SUGGEST YOU ACT AS CONSULTANT AT HER SHOW, SHE TAKES THE KIT BUY DOWN, YOU GIVE HER THE BOOKINGS AND THE OUTSIDE ORDERS (USE AS HER FIRST SHOW). ONCE YOU SUBMIT HER SHOW, SHE CAN THEN SIGN UP USING HER BUY DOWN, AND SHE'LL GET HER CONSULTANT NUMBER RIGHT AWAY SO SHE CAN SUBMIT HER FIRST SHOW RIGHT AWAY (THE OUTSIDE ORDERS). THEN SHE CAN BOOK HER FIRST COOKING SHOWS STARTING ABOUT A WEEK AFTER HER KICK OFF.
HOWEVER, SHE SHOULD BE CALLING AND BOOKING SHOWS NOW. AS SHE'S INVITING FRIENDS TO HER GRAND OPENING/KICK OFF, SHE CAN SECURE BOOKINGS BEFORE THE SHOW BEGINS.
Sorry for all the questions – I just want to have my ducks in a row and not give her wrong info.

Congratulations! Don't worry about the new web. It's not that bad.

oops^ didn't know it'd do that. my response is in all caps.

pchockeymom said:
Congratulations! Don't worry about the new web. It's not that bad.oops^ didn't know it'd do that. my response is in all caps.
Its not about being bad though. It is about the ability to train someone on a system we have never seen.But here is a thread where I asked some of the same questions. It may help answer a few things....like how your recruit can get onto the system YOU are on.
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f42/signing-new-consultant-beta-system-73977/

Thanks to all of you - what a tremendous help!!

What is a consultant's requirements to keep from becoming inactive? Thank you!
Also, if someone goes to our website (I am on the old site) and wants to sign up under you once they fill in all their information will they be asked for your consultant # or name?

byrd1956 said:
What is a consultant's requirements to keep from becoming inactive? Thank you!
Also, if someone goes to our website (I am on the old site) and wants to sign up under you once they fill in all their information will they be asked for your consultant # or name?

$150 keeps them active each month. If they go 2 consecutive months "inactive", they loose their career sales. If they go 6 consecutive months "inactive", they loose their status as a consultant and have to "renew" or "re-sign" to start again.

If they sign up through your page, it should populate your info. But give them your Consultant number just to be on the safe side. They need to confirm that you are their recruiter at some point in the process to sign under you. If she's not seeing your info, she's doing it incorrectly.

What is the purpose of recruiting questions?

The purpose of recruiting questions is to gather information about potential candidates for a job or position. These questions help employers understand a candidate's skills, experience, and qualifications, and determine if they are a good fit for the role.

What types of questions are typically asked during the recruiting process?

There are several types of questions that may be asked during the recruiting process, including behavioral questions, situational questions, and open-ended questions. These questions may cover topics such as the candidate's past experience, skills, and work style.

How should I prepare for recruiting questions?

To prepare for recruiting questions, it is important to research the company and the job you are applying for. This will help you understand the company's values and what the employer is looking for in a candidate. It is also helpful to practice answering common interview questions and to have examples ready to support your answers.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when answering recruiting questions?

Some common mistakes to avoid when answering recruiting questions include providing vague or generic answers, focusing too much on yourself rather than the company, and not being honest about your experience or qualifications. It is also important to listen carefully to the question and take your time to provide a thoughtful response.

Are there any questions I should not ask during the recruiting process?

Yes, there are some questions that should be avoided during the recruiting process. These include questions about salary or benefits, as these can be discussed once a job offer has been made. It is also important to avoid asking discriminatory or personal questions. Instead, focus on asking questions about the company, the role, and the hiring process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • cochef