• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Possible Recruit on Public Assistance

In summary, the woman is worried that she will lose her medical insurance if she stops working at PC because her husband's work does not offer it. She is also worried that she will lose her food stamps if she stops working at PC. She is not sure what to do.
PampChefDeb
I am wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. I have had two potential recruits ask me about this.

The latest one....
She gets food stamps and free medical insurance. She's not too concerned about the food stamps. But they have twin girls, almost 2, and are due with their 3rd child in November.

She really wants to sell Pampered Chef....but she is worried that she will lose her medical insurance. (Her husband's work does not offer it.) I really don't know what to tell her or even who to ask about this.

Can anyone help?

why would she lose it? Does she only get the insurance if she doesn't work? By doing PC that provides extra income but not mega income unless she does hella well. (I hope she does) but if she does do that well then it would place her family in a better financial situation.

I unfortunately receive similar assistance. Usually the forms that I fill out ask for 1040 Schedule C forms, so starting out, I don't think she would have to report it. As far as I know, they only use the net income from it, therefore excluding expenses, so as long as she is writing off her expenses, she should still be able to hold onto her assistance. Like mzpatient posted, if she does exceedingly well and then falls out of qualifying for the medical insurance, she would be in a better financial situation. (my goal as well).

I was on assistance for a while. I never reported my PC income. I was doing PC very part time at that point as I held the insurance at my day job and had to keep it. Since we had insurance at the point we went on, we were required to keep it. Had we decided to drop it and let the medical assistance pick up everything, nothing would have been paid for. That's the way my state works. You can still qualify and receive assistance even if you have a job and medical insurance. The state assistance then becomes secondary.

My PC income while on it was at best $100-$300 a month depending on if I had a good month. I doubt that it would have changed eligibilty for my family and it wasn't worth the hassle. I was happy to transition "up" and not have to do all the paperwork required for the help we received, but was grateful for it at the time when only I worked and we had no unemployment coming in.

It probably varies per state. She needs to talk to someone about her specific situation in her state (like her caseworker if she has one)

Remind her that she can get insurance through PC's perks after the baby, you are not eligible if you are pregnant...but when my husband lost his job last summer, I got us ins through that and it carried us through until he found another one. And it's very affordable!

We can get insurance?? Where is this on the site? Please help. Thanks!

KristensCooking said:
We can get insurance?? Where is this on the site? Please help. Thanks!

Under the first tab (managing your business), then the Pampered Perks. It is the PRO insurance? Click on the link to go to their page. Medical, dental, vision, life, disability.

My daughter lives in housing where her rent is based on her income and gets food stamps. They told her unless she made more than $600 per month she didn't even need to report it. At that point, she needed to keep track of her income and expenses, of course. (Actually, keep track of that income even before that in case it ever came up.) But they said not to worry too much about it. Just keep track...this is in OH.
HTH

What is a "Possible Recruit on Public Assistance"?

A "Possible Recruit on Public Assistance" is an individual who is receiving government assistance, such as welfare or food stamps, and is also eligible to join the military.

Why would someone on public assistance want to join the military?

There are many reasons why someone on public assistance may want to join the military. Some may see it as a way to gain job skills and education, while others may view it as a way to serve their country and have a sense of purpose. Additionally, the military offers benefits and opportunities for career advancement that may be appealing to those on public assistance.

Are there any restrictions on joining the military while on public assistance?

Yes, there are certain restrictions for individuals on public assistance who want to join the military. They must meet all the same requirements as any other potential recruit, including passing physical and mental exams, and meeting educational and criminal background standards. Additionally, some branches of the military may have specific guidelines for individuals on public assistance, so it is best to discuss this with a recruiter.

Can someone on public assistance receive both military pay and benefits and continue to receive public assistance?

It depends on the specific type of public assistance the individual is receiving. Some forms of assistance, such as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) or TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), may have income limitations that could be affected by military pay. It is important for individuals to discuss this with a recruiter and their case worker to fully understand how joining the military may impact their benefits.

How can someone on public assistance get more information about joining the military?

The best way to get more information about joining the military while on public assistance is to speak with a recruiter. They can provide specific information about eligibility, benefits, and any potential restrictions. It is also recommended to research the different branches of the military and their requirements to determine which may be the best fit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Oracle
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • peichef