• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting a Personal Use Consultant for Your Candle Business

In summary, the customer is interested in becoming a consultant just to buy her own products at a discount. The regular discount is not that great, so most of the benefits come from being active as a consultant and actually doing shows. She has expressed interest at least twice now. If she has the contacts to pull together occasional catalog shows, she can use the catalog show host benefits and still get commission on the show.
Bren706
Gold Member
I have a customer that is a consultant for a candle company that has asked if we have a personal use consultant program. I told her we do not have a specific program for that. She had a cooking show for me a couple years ago, and 2 catalog shows since then. (I moved to MA, she is still in NC). She has expressed interest at least twice now.

Any suggestions on how I might recruit her?

What does that mean, exactly? She's interested in becoming a consultant just to buy her own stuff?

Usually when someone is questioning about that, they want to sign up just to get the consultant discount.

Basically, we are not set up for that type of consultant. Many Home Party Plans encourage consultants to order stock for inventory - then they can order at a large discount (50% or more) and re-sell. Our regular discount is not all that great. Most of our benefits come from being active as a consultant and actually doing shows. I've had a few who have asked about doing this, and when I tell them what their discount would be as a consultant just ordering for themselves, none of them have chosen to go with PC. Which is fine with me!:) They are still good customers.

If she has the contacts to pull together occasional catalog shows, she can use the catalog show host benefits and still get commission on the show. Maybe run the numbers from her recent catalog shows to tell her what the commission would have been and how much she got as the host. She could be a casual/hobby consultant. She will probably never get $1250 in without going inactive so will not "qualify" unless you get her to do a good grand opening show. Emphasize the benefit of getting $1250 in in her first 30 days between the signing bonus and the PC dollars.

Becky, that is pretty much my thought too. Thanks.

What is a Personal Use Consultant?

A Personal Use Consultant is a professional who provides personalized advice and guidance to individuals on how to make the best use of their time, energy, and resources in order to achieve their personal goals and improve their overall well-being.

What services does a Personal Use Consultant offer?

A Personal Use Consultant may offer a variety of services, including time management techniques, stress management strategies, goal-setting and planning, self-care techniques, and organizing and decluttering advice.

How can a Personal Use Consultant help me?

A Personal Use Consultant can help you identify and prioritize your personal goals, develop a plan to achieve them, and provide ongoing support and accountability to help you stay on track. They can also provide valuable insights and strategies to improve your overall well-being and quality of life.

What are the qualifications of a Personal Use Consultant?

A Personal Use Consultant may have a background in areas such as psychology, counseling, coaching, or organizing. They may also have completed specialized training or certification programs in personal use consulting.

How do I find a reputable Personal Use Consultant?

You can start by asking for recommendations from friends and family, or by searching online for personal use consultants in your area. It's important to do some research and read reviews before choosing a consultant to ensure they have the qualifications and experience necessary to meet your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Karen Weber