• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Finding Your Niche as a Consultant in a Competitive Market

i think it's important to remember that not everyone is built the same and what works for one person may not work for another. i think it's important to be flexible and learn what works best for each individual.
Pampered Angel
To a potential recruit who is concerned about there being too many consultants in the same area?

yes, an area can become saturated with Consultants but her friends know friends out of the area and family too....she can do booths and cataloge and web shows....those really reach out beyond the immediate area....

My neighbor three doors down is in my cluster. We've actually never run into an issue where someone has booked with one over the other. We run in slightly different circles which is the difference.

At one time there were three directors in my neighborhood and we never stepped on each others businesses. They aren't even saturated in Addison IL where PC started.

There is enough business to go around. Here on Okinawa were all so isolated. There aren't too many PC reps but there's at least 80% of the population of scentsy reps. They're all able to have enough business. Friends and family back at home can support, p,us I think PC is special cause I see just as many men as women who love the products so that's twice the market as some of the other companies

When someone asks me that ? at a show, I ask them what other consultants do you know that sell PC. The usual response...NONE. Well, then we must not have too many in the area if I'm the only one you know!

flemings99 said:
When someone asks me that ? at a show, I ask them what other consultants do you know that sell PC. The usual response...NONE. Well, then we must not have too many in the area if I'm the only one you know!

That is good. But if they do know someone, (my sister-in-law asked the same question), I usually ask them if they have all of the exact same friends and family?? It only takes a couple of friends and of course family that a person knows to introduce you to new people. And then the circles can expand. The overlaps will be rare.

AND, even if they do, unfortunately, 80-90% of consultants probably don't do all of the things they should- ie FOLLOW UP, stay in touch, etc. Be in the 10%! (I'm working on THAT one!)

esavvymom said:
That is good. But if they do know someone, (my sister-in-law asked the same question), I usually ask them if they have all of the exact same friends and family?? It only takes a couple of friends and of course family that a person knows to introduce you to new people. And then the circles can expand. The overlaps will be rare.

AND, even if they do, unfortunately, 80-90% of consultants probably don't do all of the things they should- ie FOLLOW UP, stay in touch, etc. Be in the 10%! (I'm working on THAT one!)

i'm working on that too....

1. How do I identify my niche as a consultant in a competitive market?

Identifying your niche as a consultant in a competitive market involves researching the market, evaluating your skills and experience, and understanding the needs of potential clients. You can also consider your unique selling points and what sets you apart from other consultants in the market.

2. How can I stand out from other consultants in my niche?

To stand out from other consultants in your niche, you can focus on providing excellent service, building strong relationships with clients, and continuously developing your skills and knowledge. You can also differentiate yourself by offering a unique approach or specialized services within your niche.

3. Is it necessary to have a niche as a consultant in a competitive market?

Having a niche as a consultant in a competitive market is not necessary, but it can greatly benefit you. By specializing in a specific area, you can become an expert in that field and attract clients who are looking for your specific skills and expertise. It can also help you stand out from the competition and establish yourself as a credible and valuable consultant.

4. How do I market myself to potential clients in my niche?

To market yourself to potential clients in your niche, you can use various strategies such as creating a professional website, networking with other professionals and industry leaders, attending conferences and events, and leveraging social media platforms. You can also offer free consultations or workshops to showcase your expertise and attract new clients.

5. How can I stay relevant and competitive in my niche?

To stay relevant and competitive in your niche, it is important to continuously learn and stay updated on industry trends and developments. You can also collaborate with other professionals in your niche, attend relevant workshops and conferences, and seek feedback from clients to improve and refine your services. Additionally, always prioritize providing high-quality and valuable services to your clients to maintain a positive reputation in the market.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amy07
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • AxlsGrammy
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcsharon1