• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Achieving Goals: How Can I Become a Better Recruiter?

In summary, the author suggests that in order to become a better recruiter, they should focus on interacting with a younger crowd, doing ticket games or activities, and doing a full service check out.
otisbg
Gold Member
Hi
I have been a consultant for 3 1/2 years and got as high as Team Leader in August 2011. I am bound and determined to become a director or higher in 2012 and I need your help. From all of you who have achieved your goals, what 1 or 2 things helped you the most. ???
I am an older consultant getting to close retirement from my full time job. I ony interact with 5-8 people on a daily basis. At this stage of my life, most social interactions are with friends and relatives older than myself. I have no problem booking shows and am very happy with my calendar - I average 3-4 shows a month and that is all I can do while working a 45+ hour per week job and tending to family responibilities.
So I am coming to you all who have helped me so many times - help me become a better recruiter. I am afraid that when I am doing shows with a younger crowd, they may think you have to be over 50 to be a consultant...or that most consultants are older.
Any brilliant ideas out there?? and yes - I do ask everyone! :p

Just an observation, you have a lot of assumptions about what others are thinking "I am afraid that when I am doing shows with a younger crowd..." I am not in the over 50 crowd, nor am I in the under 30 crowd, yet I have a lot of both on my team. This business is for everyone. You never know what anyone else is thinking or needing. As soon as I suspended MY assumptions about others my recruiting took off. I personally recruited 27 last year from 18 to 80 years old.

I love love the 30 day challenge flyer and what it can do to help people start this great business .it shows how much they can earn in such a short time amagin what they can earn every month .

Are you sharing your passion about the business? Are you personally inviting every guest at your full service checkout? Think about how you can be more intentional :)

You really have to ask everyone. An activity at the show will help get the information out. Do the ticket game or stealing hearts or pass the product. Whatever you like. Then do the full service check out and ask everyone. Find 3 people at every party to give business information too. 1 can be the host. If you are talking about the business, people will realize the we are the ultimate in equal opportunity. We accept everyone regardless of age or experience.

1. What are the key skills needed to become a successful recruiter?

To become a better recruiter, it is important to have strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to build and maintain relationships. Other essential skills include problem-solving, time management, and a thorough understanding of the industry you are recruiting for.

2. How can I improve my networking skills as a recruiter?

Networking is crucial for a recruiter, as it allows you to expand your pool of potential candidates and build relationships with industry professionals. To improve your networking skills, attend industry events, join professional networking groups, and make an effort to connect with others through social media.

3. What strategies can I use to attract top talent as a recruiter?

To attract top talent, it is important to have a strong employer brand and a clear understanding of the company's culture and values. Additionally, utilize various recruitment methods such as job postings, social media, and employee referrals. It is also important to have a streamlined and efficient recruitment process to ensure a positive candidate experience.

4. How can I stay updated on industry trends and changes as a recruiter?

To stay updated on industry trends and changes, make an effort to attend industry conferences and workshops, read relevant publications and articles, and connect with other recruiters and industry professionals. It is also important to continuously learn and adapt to new technologies and tools used in the recruitment process.

5. How can I measure my success as a recruiter?

Success as a recruiter can be measured by various metrics, such as the number of successful placements, candidate satisfaction, and the success rate of hired candidates. It is also important to receive feedback from hiring managers and continuously strive to improve your recruitment techniques and strategies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RoseAndrews
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • Nfldfran
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • Tropicalburstqt2