• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting Frustrations: My Recruiting Session Woes

In summary, Beth's girl called her last night and said she had to work unexpected overtime and would be coming this afternoon to sign up. Beth is excited.
ChefBevShu
Gold Member
Alright...I know things happen but I need for just one recruiting session to go right for a change! I did a Taste of Home Cooking School a couple of months ago. A girl had talked with me about the business, but it was honestly so packed that we couldn't really talk at the event. She said she wasn't quite ready and would call me after the first of the year. I had sent her a couple of emails, and was never able to catch her on her phone. She called me Sunday night and left a message on my cell that she was ready and wanted me to call her on Monday...which I did. She called me back and made arrangements to stop by my house tonight (Tuesday) on her way home from work to discuss the business...and of course, she didn't show up! I called her cell which went to voice mail and didn't hear a thing from her. I know things can happen but would it have killed her to just let me know? I guess I just needed to vent this so I didn't drive my hubby crazy!!! Does this ever happen to anyone else or is it just me???

It happens to all of us. Don't take it personally. Call and tell her that you hope she's okay. Mention the meeting but be empathetic. You don't know if she blew you off or if something happened. Ask her to give you a call back. Then if she doesn't call try a week later, then a few weeks. If something did happen (unlikely) she will let you know when she can - when talking to you gets on her radar. If she got cold feet (more likely) she may never respond. Stay nice and don't sound desperate. Don't take it personal. Who's next?

Thanks for the encouraging words Beth! It really is hard not to take it personally but I'm trying. I just love the Pampered Chef business so much and I can't wait to share it with everyone! :love:

You are welcome. I see you are a TL so you obviously know what to do. It's a numbers game. Keep on sharing and soon you'll be a director!

BethCooks4U said:
You are welcome. I see you are a TL so you obviously know what to do. It's a numbers game. Keep on sharing and soon you'll be a director!

I'm ready to be a director! My girl just called me and she had to work unexpected OT until late last night. She's coming this afternoon to talk with me and hopefully sign! Wahooooooo!!!!

Congrats Bev! I'm glad to hear it is going to work out for both of you!!

ChefBevShu said:
I'm ready to be a director! My girl just called me and she had to work unexpected OT until late last night. She's coming this afternoon to talk with me and hopefully sign! Wahooooooo!!!!

Yay! :sing:

Hopefully she'll treat hosts & guests with more respect & not leave them hanging! (((fingers crossed))) for you! :D

ChefBevShu said:

Wahoo. It is a good sign if they want to sit down and talk.

1. Why do recruiting sessions often lead to frustration?

Recruiting sessions can be frustrating for a variety of reasons. One common reason is that the expectations and needs of the recruiter and the job seeker may not align. Additionally, the job market may be highly competitive, making it difficult to secure a desired job. Other factors that can contribute to frustration include lack of communication or unclear job descriptions.

2. How can I manage my frustration during a recruiting session?

It's important to remember that the recruiting process can be a lengthy and difficult one. One way to manage frustration is to focus on the aspects of the process that you can control, such as preparing for interviews and networking with professionals. It can also be helpful to take breaks and engage in self-care activities to alleviate stress.

3. Is it okay to express my frustrations to the recruiter during a session?

While it's understandable to feel frustrated during a recruiting session, it's important to maintain a professional demeanor and avoid expressing negative emotions to the recruiter. This can create a negative impression and potentially harm your chances of being considered for the job. Instead, try to stay calm and address any concerns or frustrations after the session in a polite and constructive manner.

4. How can I make the most out of a frustrating recruiting session?

Even if a recruiting session doesn't go as well as you had hoped, it's important to make the most out of the experience. Take note of any valuable feedback or areas for improvement that the recruiter may have provided. This can help you in future interviews and job searches. It can also be helpful to reflect on the experience and identify any areas where you may have fallen short or could have performed better.

5. What should I do if I consistently experience frustration during recruiting sessions?

If you find that you consistently feel frustrated during recruiting sessions, it may be helpful to seek out support and advice from a career counselor or mentor. They can provide valuable insights and tips for navigating the recruiting process and help you identify any areas for improvement. It's also important to stay persistent and not let frustration discourage you from pursuing your career goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kisrae
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • baychef