• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Comparing Home Based Businesses

In summary, the document that this person is looking for is no longer available. The start up cost is now $159, there's a commission max of 31%, and the discount is 20%. There are no state taxes associated with PC, and the technology is called "Quick Start". The average commissions are 31%. Shipping is free, but there's no way to verify data without a lot of research.
teachernikol
I remember seeing a while back a document someone created that would help with people that are wanting to compare businesses and figure out if Pampered Chef is the business that is best for them.Does anyone have this document? I can't find it now.

Whomever did this is awesome! I used to sell Tupperware about 12-15 yrs ago but I'd choose Pampered Chef over that any day!!

This is great and a wonderful flyer to share.

My personal opinion is to focus on what PC has to offer & not try to knock the other companies down. Playing nice goes a LONG way.

If you do choose to share that document, here are a few discrepancies that I saw:
Start Up:
  • Our start up is now $159
  • As long as you don't go inactive for 6 consecutive months, then there's no "re-join" fee ... but right now PC is offering a renewal program for people who lost their status within the last year.
Commission:
  • Commission maxes out at 31% for those who wish to promote & excel with their sales. 27% is not the max.
  • PC can & will adjust our commission if they see a pattern of fraudulent returns (like the consultant is making sales & with the intent for the customer to return the items)
Discount:
  • The "help 5 others start" was the director requirement 2 pay plans ago.
State Taxes:
  • they are not "paid for" by Pampered Chef. PC collects them for the state from the customers & hosts.
Technology:
  • The boxes are now called "Quick Start".
  • The program is also available free of charge to all consultants on the consultant's side of the PC webpage.
Averages:
  • There's no way to verify that data without a LOT of research
Shipping
  • Obviously, our shipping fee is no longer $4.25 either

I don't like the phrase "only 20%" ... go be a cashier at Wal-Mart & see if you get 20% of what you ring up that day. ;)

I'm not even going to comment on all the allegations against the other Direct Selling companies. Without doing some thorough research there's no evidence that the statements are true. With all the other discrepancies that I saw on the PC facts, my guess is there are MORE discrepancies in those negative comments too.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

How do we get pc to pay for the hostess gifts? Are they referring to the host specials? I give a small thank you gift for hosting. I had heard there was a free hostess gift you could add to your first few shows but I never found thoses.

Tracy99 said:
How do we get pc to pay for the hostess gifts? Are they referring to the host specials? I give a small thank you gift for hosting. I had heard there was a free hostess gift you could add to your first few shows but I never found thoses.

The host benefits in general is likely what is being referred to. Several companies, the consultant has to pay for whatever host benefits they earn out of their own commission.

Tracy99 said:
There used to be "Charter host" gifts, but they have been discontinued. PC pays for all the host rewards though. Some DS companies pay consultants higher commissions, but it's on the consultant to cover the extra rewards and freebies. With PC, we don't have to worry about it. Some still offer extra rewards on top of what PC provides, just to sweeten the deal, but it's not required. (I also try not to do that, other than giving the host a Season's Best as a little token of appreciation that I give her at the show. I pass it around so guests can see the new recipes of the season.) If there's a special consultant incentive going on, sometimes I might do something extra just to help entice people to book or place orders.I think it's good to learn about the other DS companies and how they run and what is required of their consultants so that you can be informed. But I don't think it's a good idea to send out a file that shows comparisons. Info does get outdated and you don't want to risk turning off someone by pointing fingers at other companies. KWIM? I think it's good to say things like, "with PC you don't have to pay credit card fees, the company takes care of that. There's no need to have inventory and PC pays for all the host rewards." Etc. Just by saying what we do and don't have to do, it speaks for itself. There's no need to involve the other companies in a comparison. Plus, you never know if you will offend someone. They may have a good friend, family member, or even have been a consultant themselves of one of the other companies and you don't want to talk bad about them.

I don't say anything negative about other companies but I do share the Apron comes in 5 sizes flyer that has a list of things like no inventory, PC covers the host specials cost, etc. It answers the MK consultant who says she gets a higher commission and other things. You can do a search for that flyer (actually a 2010 version so it needs a little updating) in the files section here.

That wasn't the document I was looking for. This was essentially a document with a table that they could fill in. It helped list the areas that they might want to compare so that they could come to their own decision.

What are the different types of home-based businesses?

There are several types of home-based businesses, including service-based businesses, product-based businesses, and online businesses. Service-based businesses involve providing a service, such as tutoring or pet sitting. Product-based businesses involve creating or selling physical products, such as handmade crafts or beauty products. Online businesses are those that operate solely or primarily on the internet, such as e-commerce stores or virtual assistant services.

What are the benefits of starting a home-based business?

Some of the benefits of starting a home-based business include lower startup costs, flexibility in schedule and location, and the ability to have a better work-life balance. Additionally, working from home can also save time and money on commuting and allow for a more personalized and comfortable work environment.

How do I know if a home-based business is right for me?

The decision to start a home-based business should be based on your personal goals, skills, and lifestyle. Consider whether you have the necessary skills and resources to run a business from home, as well as the dedication and discipline to work independently. It is also important to assess your home environment and determine if it is conducive to running a business.

What are some common challenges of running a home-based business?

Some common challenges of running a home-based business include maintaining a work-life balance, dealing with distractions, and feeling isolated or lacking in social interaction. Other challenges may include managing finances and marketing your business without a physical storefront. It is important to address these challenges and have a plan in place to overcome them.

How can I effectively compare home-based businesses?

To effectively compare home-based businesses, you should consider factors such as startup costs, potential for growth and profitability, market demand for your product or service, and the level of competition in your chosen industry. You should also research and compare the business models, support systems, and resources offered by different home-based business opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • debbiereason
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Bobby