• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Allow Kit Nappers to Sign Up Under Me?

In summary, the conversation discusses the disappointment of losing two sales due to two women buying the kit without intention of selling. The speaker suggests that these buyers should be held accountable for at least four shows or $1250 in sales. There is a debate over whether this reflects poorly on the speaker or not, and a suggestion to offer to do a grand opening show for them. The conversation also mentions that these buyers were consultants before and are not interested in attempting to sell anything. The speaker suggests continuing to encourage them to do a show and potentially buying their paperwork if they do not change their minds.
veggiemama
I am still in my first 30 days and trying to get all the incentives. Two different women (one from work and one from a social group) were going to place orders then decided that they wanted to buy the kit. They have actually both been PC consultants many years ago. Neither has any intention of selling. They are very up front about it. I am disapointed that I am losing two sales- every bit helps.

I realize that I get no benefit from them kit napping, but does it reflect badly on me? Should I reqest that they don't sign up under me?

Rebecca

I have had this happen befcore too. Most will be upfront about planning to buy the kit and do nothing with it. I always tell them they must qualify by submitting $1250 in sales (which is says in the fine print) or they will be charged the full amount. I know Pampered Chef wont do that but I dont feel that I should allow it when I know they are intending to do nothing with it. It wastes my time to be honest. Normally by telling them this they change their minds and actually place an order. I explain the reason the kit is discounted is for consultants only.

I have mixed feelings on the kit knapping issue... and here is what I think... I'm ready to take others slams for this....

Why would they want to buy the kit again if they were already consultants? They would already have one.

I think if someone is going to purchase the kit, then they should be accountable for at least 4 shows. They are signing a contract and purchasing products intended to use for demonstrations to sell more products. To me they are essentially ripping off the company. I don't care if "it's the best sale" in the catalog. It's unfair to you, who has taken the time to sign them up, and if they have no intentions of working the business then there is no benefit to you - incentive or otherwise... or to them other than they ran away with nearly $600 in products for $160. They may as well host a show.

On the other hand.... what if they get the kit and decide to give it a shot. Then it will benefit you. I don't believe it reflects poorly on you to sign up kitknappers.

What you could do it offer to do a grand opening show for them... sign them up so they get their kit, then do their show for them. They get the commission and host benefits, however you also make money and get a promotion. If there are bookings at the show and she doesn't want them because she's bent on only getting the kit then you take them... she could decide that she wants to give it a go.

Plus with this month being half price kit... they have to submit at least 1250 in sales in their first 30 days to get that $ back.

Good luck!

Because they were consultants before they both know that they don't "have" to do the four shows or sell $1250 to keep the kit for $159. I did attempt to share my excitement about the incentives so that they would at least try to qualify. I mean, the great deal on the kit is what hooked me into giving the business a try! One is a consultant for another DS company and the other just started working a full time job and they are not interested attempting to sell any thing. It is just kind of an awkward situation.

veggiemama said:
Because they were consultants before they both know that they don't "have" to do the four shows or sell $1250 to keep the kit for $159. I did attempt to share my excitement about the incentives so that they would at least try to qualify. I mean, the great deal on the kit is what hooked me into giving the business a try! One is a consultant for another DS company and the other just started working a full time job and they are not interested attempting to sell any thing. It is just kind of an awkward situation.

Well I would continue to encourage them to do a show, but chances are they won't, just let them know that if anything changes in the next 6 months in their lives they have this to jump into. Also I would see if they want to give you their paperwork or at least sell them to you for a steal. ;)

cincychef said:
Well I would continue to encourage them to do a show, but chances are they won't, just let them know that if anything changes in the next 6 months in their lives they have this to jump into. Also I would see if they want to give you their paperwork or at least sell them to you for a steal. ;)

I hadn't thought about the paper work. I bet they would both just give it to me. That makes me feel better about losing their orders. Thanks! :)

People who sign a contract with no intention of fulfilling the contract are thieves in my opinion. Just say'n ... ;)

Since they have both been consultants, maybe you can have them sympathise with you to at least do a few parties and or online parties to reach the 1250 in 90 days. Let them know that you really want whatever incentive (depending on how close you are with them). Remind them yet again, that they are signing a CONTRACT and that although they may not be held accountable for it, future new consultants will be. I do like the idea of offering to do their grand opening show for them and then seeing if anyone would do a catalog party for them until they get the 1250 and then they can be done if they want to.

Good luck...

I did speak to one of the women and said that as a new consultant I didn't felt right having her sign up under my name with no intention to sell. I think I made her feel guilty, beacuse she called last night and wants to do a catalog show. ;)

Take that opportunity to help her decide if she really would like to give PC a try! Tell her to ask her friends as she's collecting orders whether they'd have a show for her if she decided to sign up. And, if she gets enough interest, it may be the boost she needs to make it happen. Then she can also get the kit credit to reduce her costs, add to her kit with her host benefits, and be off to a strong start.

And, if she asks her friends to host but still decides to NOT sign up, then you've got more show leads.;)

veggiemama said:
I did speak to one of the women and said that as a new consultant I didn't felt right having her sign up under my name with no intention to sell. I think I made her feel guilty, beacuse she called last night and wants to do a catalog show. ;)

Good for you.

If they had made their intentions clear, then I'd likely respond with "well shame on you! I'm all for a bargain, but you know that isn't right."

I don't care when it comes to stuff like that. Wrong is wrong.
Sorry. I'm not going to coddle and adult and try to convince them to do the right thing. It's not worth my time. I'd rather pour that energy into someone who really wants and needs the business opportunity. But that be just me. :D

What is "2 Kit Nappers in 1St 30 Days"?

"2 Kit Nappers in 1St 30 Days" is a phrase that refers to a common phenomenon where new parents of twins find themselves struggling to establish a sleep routine for both babies within the first 30 days of their arrival.

Why is this topic important?

This topic is important because sleep is crucial for the healthy development of babies, and it can be challenging for new parents to navigate the unique challenges of having twins. Understanding and preparing for potential sleep struggles can help parents feel more confident and equipped to handle them.

What are some tips for managing "2 Kit Nappers in 1St 30 Days"?

Some tips for managing "2 Kit Nappers in 1St 30 Days" include establishing a consistent sleep routine, creating a calm and comfortable sleep environment, monitoring and adjusting wake times, and seeking support from family, friends, or professionals if needed.

How long does it typically take for twins to establish a sleep routine?

Every baby is different, so there is no set timeline for when twins will establish a sleep routine. It can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months for twins to consistently sleep through the night and nap at regular intervals. Patience and persistence are key.

Are there any resources available for parents of twins struggling with sleep?

Yes, there are many resources available for parents of twins struggling with sleep, including books, online articles and forums, support groups, and sleep consultants who specialize in working with families of multiples. It's important to find the right resources that align with your parenting style and needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• robochick84
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • pamperedpals
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • chefheidi2003