• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have a Lady That Is Wanting to Sign up to Sell Pampered Chef, but She Is

In summary, my lady is wanting to sign up to sell PC, but she is drawing unemployment/disability till the end of Dec. Does anyone know if this would affect her unemployment/disability? She is super excited, but said she needs the money coming in from that right now.
vhadley
I have a lady that is wanting to sign up to sell PC, but she is drawing unemployment/disability till the end of Dec., Does anyone know if this would affect her unemployment/disability? She is super excited, but said she needs the money coming in from that right now.

Re: Disability/Unemployment?My understanding of it (and I'm not an expert) is you can continue to draw unemployment while selling PC...what may happen is if she has a show and makes $100 for it for the week of November 1 (for example) and her unemployment pays her $250, they'll only pay her $150 since she made the other $100 through PC. Some states may have differences in how it works, but I believe that is the gist of it. She will just need to make sure she claims the money made from PC when she earns it.I know others can chime in on this and you can search at the bottom of this thread for similar threads where people have brought this up in the past.Hope that helps!

Re: Disability/Unemployment?It depends on the state. I don't know about disability but on unemployment in my state, PC is considered self-employment which doesn't count towards unemployment (yah for me!!). Now I do have another part time job that does count towards my unemployment but I can make 25% of my unemployment amount before they start taking that out (ie: if my unemployment was $400 a week, I can make up to $100 a week at my part time job before they start deducting). Have her check with her unemployment office. Or she can search her local branch online and look at the handbook.

Re: Disability/Unemployment?My state is the same, I can make 25% of my weekly unemployment benefit before they start deducting.
But which is it, unemployment or disability? I imagine there's a big difference.

Re: Disability/Unemployment?She would also need to keep good track of her deductions too as that would reduce her income for the week. I'd advise she talk with someone who knows the laws of her state and how to figure income when self employed and receiving benefits.

Re: Disability/Unemployment?ok, thank you all!!

Re: Disability/Unemployment?I talked to her again,sorry, it's unemployment.

Re: Disability/Unemployment?In MI, one of my downline had to stop PC to get disability pay. :(
She has cancer and really needs all the $ she can get. She is determined to beat the bone cancer and sell PC again!
Sorry, I don't know all the technical details.

1. Can anyone sign up to sell Pampered Chef?

Yes, anyone can sign up to become a Pampered Chef consultant as long as they are at least 18 years old and have a valid Social Security number.

2. Is there a fee to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, there is a one-time enrollment fee of $109 plus tax to become a Pampered Chef consultant. This fee covers your starter kit and business supplies.

3. What is included in the Pampered Chef starter kit?

The Pampered Chef starter kit includes over $450 worth of products and business supplies, including kitchen tools, cookware, and cookbooks. It also includes access to training and support to help you get started with your business.

4. How much can I earn as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Your earnings as a Pampered Chef consultant will depend on your individual sales and efforts. Consultants can earn anywhere from 20-27% commission on their personal sales, as well as additional bonuses and incentives for reaching sales goals.

5. Do I need to have prior sales experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, prior sales experience is not necessary to become a Pampered Chef consultant. The company provides training and support to help you succeed in your sales and business efforts. However, having good communication and interpersonal skills can be beneficial in this role.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • chefheidi2003