• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you ever had a successful month of recruiting on your own?

In summary, "Wanted to Toot My Own Horn!!" is a phrase used to express feelings of pride or accomplishment, often in a playful manner. It originated from the phrase "toot one's own horn" which dates back to the 1500s and is derived from the act of playing a musical instrument to draw attention to oneself. It is commonly used in everyday conversation to express excitement or to mock someone who is bragging. While using this phrase may be seen as boastful in a serious or arrogant manner, it is generally not considered rude when used playfully. In a professional setting, it may be more appropriate to use a formal or humble phrase to express achievements.
Shae424
Gold Member
Just wanted to toot my horn for a minute. I got my first recruit last month and by pure luck (she looked me up) Got my 2nd recruit this month. WAHOOO!!!! this is very exciting when everything just starts to fall in place. I would like to thank a lot of you on here. I read a lot of the post and I take in a lot of info from everyone and I think it has helped with my confedence level. :D

Congratulations! You are so right about how things just seem to fall into place. It will begin to be a natural part of your business as you continue to recruit and gain more and more confidence. Way to go.

Congratulations!

Yeah, way to go!!

Good for you!

Congrats! That's fantastic! Enjoy the perks of working with a team.

Way to go!!

woo hoo! way to go!

1. What is "Wanted to Toot My Own Horn!!" about?

"Wanted to Toot My Own Horn!!" is a phrase that is often used to express feelings of pride or accomplishment. It can also be used in a playful way to boast about one's achievements or talents.

2. Where did the phrase "Wanted to Toot My Own Horn!!" originate from?

The phrase "toot one's own horn" has been used since the 1500s, and comes from the literal act of playing a musical instrument, such as a horn, to call attention to oneself. The addition of "Wanted to" in front of the phrase adds a humorous and exaggerated tone.

3. How is "Wanted to Toot My Own Horn!!" used in everyday conversation?

It is often used in a lighthearted manner to express pride or excitement about something that the speaker has achieved or accomplished. It can also be used sarcastically to mock someone who is bragging or boasting excessively.

4. Is using "Wanted to Toot My Own Horn!!" considered rude or boastful?

It can be seen as boastful if used in a serious or arrogant manner, but in most cases it is used playfully and is not considered rude. However, it is always important to be mindful of how others may interpret your words and to use this phrase appropriately in different situations.

5. Can "Wanted to Toot My Own Horn!!" be used in a professional setting?

It depends on the context and tone in which it is used. In a professional setting, it may be better to use a more formal or humble phrase to express your accomplishments or achievements. However, in a casual or friendly work environment, it may be acceptable to use this phrase in a lighthearted way among colleagues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • jennyl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • fruit76loop