• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for Raising Money to Purchase a Kit?

In summary, the conversation is about someone who wants to become a consultant but does not have the funds to buy the starter kit. Various suggestions are given, such as selling items in a garage sale or on Craigslist, selling gold, asking for donations or loans from friends and family, doing odd jobs for cash, working overtime, getting a small loan from the bank, and even selling plasma. The conversation also mentions a director who offers to pay for half of the kit for her recruits. The conversation ends with the suggestion of using a credit card or selling items like gold or through a garage sale to raise the funds.
Sheila
Gold Member
I have someone who seriously does not have the money to buy her kit. She wants this bad & is trying to figure out how to come up with the funds to get started so that she can start making money & get out of her current situation.

I've been asking around & have a few suggestions for her now. If you can think of more, please add them! The more ideas in one place the easier it will be for future consultant-wanna-be's who are in the same position. :D

• Do they have stuff that they can sell in a Garage Sale or on Craigslist?
  • Gold that they can sell for cash?
  • Something they can pawn?
  • Ask friends/family if they would be willing to loan or donate some money to help them get their new business up & off the ground.
  • Is their Birthday/Anniversary/Christmas coming up soon? Ask those who would give them gifts to give cash this year instead to help with their new business venture.
  • Ask their Church for a donation or loan.
  • Ask friends/family if they can do some odd jobs for them for cash (household chores, lawn, wash the car, etc.)
  • If they have a current job, ask boss if they can work some overtime for extra money.
  • Do they have the credit to get a small loan with their bank?
  • Sell Plasma (Yes, someone suggested this! I guess if they want it bad enough they'll do it, huh?)

Ask 3 people to invest $50 in her business. Those 3 people also host one of her first shows so that they can help her pay them back at the same time!

Good one! :D

Do they have a credit card they can charge to? If they hold their first show in close they would be able to pay their kit off with their first commission check by the due date.

I recently sold some scrap gold to a pawn shop. I got over $500 for it!!! Great way to get extra cash if you don't wear yellow gold any more.

a new Director I know offers to pay for half of the $80 kit for all of her recruits. She said after the $30 bonus she only ends up paying $10. I know that only covers half of the kit for her but might be worth a shot...

Sorry, I don't have the $2,720 to fork over for the 68 leads that I only met for less than 2 minutes each. LOL Wouldn't want to start that precedence either. My theory is if they want this, they'll figure out a way. And if they are determined enough to figure out a way, then they are determined enough to do what it takes to succeed in the business too. ;)

Sheila said:
Sorry, I don't have the $2,720 to fork over for the 68 leads that I only met for less than 2 minutes each. LOL Wouldn't want to start that precedence either. My theory is if they want this, they'll figure out a way. And if they are determined enough to figure out a way, then they are determined enough to do what it takes to succeed in the business too. ;)

WOW! Where did you meet all those leads?

I also agree with the credit card and gold ideas. Or a garage sale?

Heather, I did a job fair hosted by the local Goodwill. All of their clients are pretty much destitute and really NEEDING something to get back up on their feet. I literally had about 1-2 min's max with everyone as they were moving from table to table. 68 said YES to taking home a recruiting packet & learning more about the business. In doing the follow ups, I have had ONE that changed their mind, I've left quite a few messages & have a handful of others who are still very interested. But coming up with the money is a HUGE challenge for them. Most are struggling to eat and most don't have their own home, they are living in shelters or with friends/family because of their financial situation. :( Yes, credit cards are a good option for those who have them.The garage sale & gold suggestions were the original post. ;)

Sheila said:
Heather, I did a job fair hosted by the local Goodwill. All of their clients are pretty much destitute and really NEEDING something to get back up on their feet. I literally had about 1-2 min's max with everyone as they were moving from table to table. 68 said YES to taking home a recruiting packet & learning more about the business. In doing the follow ups, I have had ONE that changed their mind, I've left quite a few messages & have a handful of others who are still very interested. But coming up with the money is a HUGE challenge for them. Most are struggling to eat and most don't have their own home, they are living in shelters or with friends/family because of their financial situation. :(

Yes, credit cards are a good option for those who have them.

The garage sale & gold suggestions were the original post. ;)

Sorry- I tell you this pregnancy brain is going to do me in! It is a tricky situation to be in! Hard to come up with the money you don't have to begin with.... Let me keep thinking....

What are some effective ways to raise money for purchasing a kit?

1. Host a fundraising event: Organize a bake sale, car wash, or charity auction to raise funds. 2. Crowdfunding: Use online platforms like GoFundMe to reach a larger audience and collect donations. 3. Sponsorship: Reach out to local businesses and offer to promote their brand in exchange for a donation. 4. Sell merchandise: Design and sell t-shirts, mugs, or other items with a portion of the proceeds going towards the kit fund. 5. Apply for grants: Look for grants specifically aimed at funding educational or community projects.

How can I involve the community in my fundraising efforts?

1. Partner with local organizations: Reach out to schools, libraries, or community centers to collaborate on fundraising events. 2. Utilize social media: Share your fundraising efforts on social media and encourage community members to participate or donate. 3. Organize a sponsored walk or run: Invite community members to participate and collect donations for completing the event. 4. Offer incentives: Ask local businesses to donate goods or services that can be used as prizes for community members who contribute to the fundraiser. 5. Create a volunteer program: Offer volunteer opportunities for community members to get involved and support your fundraising efforts.

Are there any creative ideas for fundraising that I could try?

1. Host a talent show: Encourage community members to showcase their talents and charge an admission fee for attendees. 2. Organize a trivia night: Partner with a local restaurant or bar to host a trivia night and charge a participation fee. 3. Host a game night: Invite friends and family to a game night and ask for a donation to participate. 4. Sell homemade goods: Bake cookies, make crafts, or offer services like pet-sitting and collect donations in exchange. 5. Create a challenge: Challenge yourself to do something out of the ordinary (e.g. run a marathon, shave your head) and ask for donations from supporters.

How can I make my fundraising efforts more successful?

1. Set a clear goal: Let potential donors know exactly how much you need and what the funds will be used for. 2. Utilize social media: Share updates and progress on your fundraising efforts to keep supporters engaged. 3. Offer recognition: Show appreciation for donors by thanking them publicly or offering small rewards. 4. Communicate regularly: Keep donors informed about the progress of your fundraising efforts and how their contributions are making a difference. 5. Get creative: Think outside the box and come up with unique ideas to make your fundraising efforts stand out.

Are there any resources available to help with fundraising efforts?

1. Fundraising websites: Use online platforms like Fundly, Kickstarter, or Indiegogo to create and manage your fundraiser. 2. Guides and tutorials: Look for online resources or books that offer tips and strategies for successful fundraising. 3. Local organizations: Reach out to non-profits or community groups that have experience with fundraising and ask for their advice. 4. Online communities: Join forums or social media groups where fundraisers and non-profits share ideas and support each other. 5. Professional fundraising services: Consider hiring a professional fundraiser or consultant to help you achieve your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melaniepc
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
melaniepc
  • crunchyconmama
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
melissab771
  • babywings76