• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help!! New Recruit but Unsupportive Husband???

In summary, her husband is asking for a 6 month business plan. Besides getting her first shows booked and a booking attached to each show what else can she provide him? The business plan is up to HER. She will get out of this business what she puts into the business. You can relay to him that she'll receive 20%-25% per month based on the level of her sales. The stronger her start, the better path she's laying for a successful business. AND, explain the New Consultant Rewards too. But in the end, it's up to her if she succeeds or fails. Having his support will help her to succeed.
brandyr1998
Please help!! I have a Recruit that really wants to join, but her husband is so unsupportive!!! He has ask for a 6 month business plan. Besides getting her first shows booked and a booking attached to each show what else can I provide him??

The business plan is not up to you, it's up to HER. She will get out of this business what she puts into the business. You can relay to him that she'll receive 20%-25% per month based on the level of her sales. The stronger her start, the better path she's laying for a successful business. AND, explain the New Consultant Rewards too. But in the end, it's up to her if she succeeds or fails. Having his support will help her to succeed. If she can start her list of 100 NOW and start getting bookings on the calendar, it should help him feel more comfortable. Some of the most successful consultants have admitted that their spouse and/or friends/family had reservations when they started their business. Having support really makes it easier. If the consultant is hard headed, having the challenge of proving someone WRONG and showing them how successful they can be in this business might be what works for them. If she's motivated AND has the follow through to train and host coach and if she has the personality to blend well with crowds ... she'll succeeded with or without his support. ;)

What's to lose? Really? You get way more in product than you pay for with the starter kit, and you get the opportunity to do 4 shows or so to see if it's right for you. You can quit at any time without losing anything.

He doesn't have to be thrilled. She can sign and impress him very easily! PC really can show him how great it can be in LESS than 6 months, if he's willing to be just a little bit supportive!

I couldn't get a "real" job of any sort, until PC hired me (I hired myself!). No interview, no set hours.....This was a great thing for me! And, you get what you give! My hubby wasn't thrilled either but now, he is! He loves the products, we are paying off bills that need paying and it's been really fun for me!

Is "Come To The Basement" still available on supply order? If so, order that and give it to him. It may help him see the business in somewhat of a different light.

As for a business plan, PC already has one: 3-2-1. Explain the concept to him, and let him know that it has been proven to work over and over again, and if he supports her in getting that done, she can be as successful as she wants.

NooraK said:
Is "Come To The Basement" still available on supply order? If so, order that and give it to him. It may help him see the business in somewhat of a different light.

As for a business plan, PC already has one: 3-2-1. Explain the concept to him, and let him know that it has been proven to work over and over again, and if he supports her in getting that done, she can be as successful as she wants.

I was thinking the same thing here!! 3-2-1!! It works!! Also, explain the advantages of all the tax write-offs, show how much is possible to make, but again, it is up to her effort. Ask them both how much they want/need to be making and show her how to do it.

My husband was unsupportive until I took him on our visit PC vacation!! Now, he's fully on board!! :)

It could very well be that he isn't sure this is a "legit" business, and/or that his wife has tried multiple things and failed or not put forth the effort. I know that was one skepticism my DH had when I first started...it wasn't my first rodeo. ;) He knew PC was legit...that wasn't the issue.As far as the "Come to the Basement" book, it's available on Amazon or Barnes & Noble I think. At least those are the seller links I found on PC's CC site for it. So I don't think they carry it directly anymore. If you go to Amazon and look at the Kindle Edition, I think you can read the first chapter online- including the foreword/intro by Doris and Warren Buffet. :)I do agree with Sheila. Give them the information, and let HER come up with a Business Plan. You can perhaps meet with her to help a bit, but she has to have a plan, and you can help her with that, but don't DO it for her. She has to invest something too, even if it is just time at this point.Good luck!

My husband was really unsupportive when I signed... he had reservations about everything from me leaving to do shows to how much money I would actually make and how much travel I would have to do for conferences.

Now, 2 years later, I'm a Director and my husband is my BIGGEST supporter. We were at a party the other night and a gal asked me what I did and I told her I'm a Pampered Chef consultant. He turns from his conversation and says. "No, you aren't a consultant, you are a Director." He is so much more proud of me now than he was when I had a desk job and got up to put a suit on every day. He even has booked shows for me.

Everyone else is right. You have nothing to lose when you join this comapny, and you have everything to gain. If it doesn't work out, no big, you have all your kit products. And, if it does work out then awesome. The benefits far exceed the risk.

It also kinda depends on how unsupportive he is. Is he just unsure that she can be successful? Or, is he unsupportive to the point that he'd try to sabotage her? I had a consultant who signed despite her husband being reluctant. Well, he completely refused to stay with their son is she had a party. He would LEAVE the house before she had to go! If she wanted to go to training meetings he would take her car or again just leave without their son. He would hide her purse so she couldn't leave. He didn't want her do be a consultant and made it impossible for her to succeed. She didn't even have a chance to prove to him that she could make it work. All you can do is provide the business information to your lead and she has to decide if it will work for her family.

I knew my husband would want some sort of a business plan or at least some information to convince him that spending $155 was a good idea when I was considering becoming a Consultant. So, I crunched the numbers and came up with something similar to the What's In It For Me flyers that a couple people have posted here recently.

I focused on the first 90 days. I showed him what it would cost to start and what I would make back just in the first 90 days for doing 4 shows and/or $1250 in sales (which was the requirement at the time). We decided that the worst that could happen after the 90 days was that I would make back my initial investment in commission, earn PC$ to buy more product and add the kit products to my kitchen. At that point, if I quit, I would have lost nothing. And if I didn't quit, I would have a business.

He agreed and 4 years later, I'm still plugging along doing PC part time. I know that it's a job that I can keep doing and as the kids leave home, I can make it my full-time job and I never have to go back to working 8 to 5 again.

Just thought I'd add my testimonial in case they help your potential recruit to know what to say to her husband or to know that others have been in her place too.

Shari in TX

Chef Kearns said:
It also kinda depends on how unsupportive he is. Is he just unsure that she can be successful? Or, is he unsupportive to the point that he'd try to sabotage her? I had a consultant who signed despite her husband being reluctant. Well, he completely refused to stay with their son is she had a party. He would LEAVE the house before she had to go! If she wanted to go to training meetings he would take her car or again just leave without their son. He would hide her purse so she couldn't leave. He didn't want her do be a consultant and made it impossible for her to succeed. She didn't even have a chance to prove to him that she could make it work. All you can do is provide the business information to your lead and she has to decide if it will work for her family.

Sorry, but that's abuse. He definitely has a control issue. If he doesn't already hit her, it's probably coming. :(

my dh is not very supportive. doesn't complain about doing shows, but trying to do work on the computer is always playing to him...

esavvymom said:
As far as the "Come to the Basement" book, it's available on Amazon or Barnes & Noble I think. At least those are the seller links I found on PC's CC site for it. So I don't think they carry it directly anymore. If you go to Amazon and look at the Kindle Edition, I think you can read the first chapter online- including the foreword/intro by Doris and Warren Buffet. :)

I think you're referring to Doris's Book. I was referring to the one Jay wrote about being a supportive spouse. I checked the Supply Fact Sheet, and it is still available. $5.00, #3422. I did see a couple of used copies available on Amazon, but not on Kindle.

NooraK said:
I think you're referring to Doris's Book. I was referring to the one Jay wrote about being a supportive spouse. I checked the Supply Fact Sheet, and it is still available. $5.00, #3422. I did see a couple of used copies available on Amazon, but not on Kindle.

Ahhh...didn't realize he wrote one! Sorry. :)

esavvymom said:
Ahhh...didn't realize he wrote one! Sorry. :)

It's actually a pretty good little book. It's got tons of quotes and anecdotes from Pampered Spouses. Now if I could just get my husband to read it...

1. How do I handle a husband who is unsupportive of my new job as a recruit?

Dealing with an unsupportive spouse can be difficult, but it's important to first understand why your husband may be feeling this way. Is he worried about your safety? Is he feeling left out or neglected? Once you identify the root of the issue, sit down and have an open and honest conversation with him. Explain the importance of your job and how his support can make a positive impact on your career. It's also important to find a balance between your work and personal life to assure your husband that he is still a priority to you.

2. How can I convince my husband to be more supportive?

It's not always easy to change someone's perspective, but try to approach the situation with empathy. Put yourself in your husband's shoes and try to understand his concerns. Then, have a conversation with him about your job and why it's important to you. Be patient and understanding, and give him time to adjust to your new career. You can also try to involve him in your work by sharing stories or inviting him to events. Showing him that you value his opinion and support can help convince him to be more supportive.

3. What if my husband still doesn't support my job?

If your husband is still unsupportive despite your efforts to communicate and involve him, it's important to remember that it's ultimately your decision and your career. You can try to find a compromise or seek outside support from a trusted friend or family member. It's also important to have a strong support system outside of your marriage, whether it's through coworkers or friends, to help you navigate any challenges that may arise.

4. How can I balance my new job and my marriage?

Finding a balance between your career and your marriage is crucial to maintaining a healthy relationship. Communication is key - make sure to keep your husband informed about your schedule and commitments. Set aside dedicated time for your marriage, whether it's a weekly date night or simply spending quality time together. It's also important to prioritize self-care and prioritize your own well-being to avoid feeling overwhelmed or burnt out.

5. Should I give up my new job for the sake of my marriage?

This is a personal decision that only you can make. It's important to weigh the pros and cons and consider the long-term impact on both your career and your marriage. If your job brings you fulfillment and happiness, it's worth finding a way to make it work with your husband's support. However, if it's causing significant strain on your marriage and your mental well-being, it may be necessary to reconsider your options. Ultimately, the decision should be based on what will make you happiest in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Oracle
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • wadesgirl