• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Think This Is Accurate?

the consultant would only earn $236.50 in commissions. I think that's info from the old kit. I believe the new kit is valued at $570, with over $400 in products. (and the catalog does state a value of over $550). The value on products is $406.50 - and...the consultant would only earn $236.50 in commissions.
NooraK
Gold Member
I want to recruit, but I don't want to mislead. I put together this WIIFM (What's In It For Me) flyer that I plan to display at a booth tomorrow, and wanted to get some feedback.

Edited to re-upload the flyer because I can't add...

Attachments

• JulyWIIFM.pdf
    230.2 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
It's actually only $180 - not $280. Looks good to me!

minus the $180, that is an awesome flyer :)

Looks REALLY nice...

Ha ha. Goes to show I shouldn't do this after a full day of work...I sent out an email to my local customers yesterday, used a template, and totally forgot to actually put in web addresses for the default Facebook links. Now they don't go anywhere.

Wow! This is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing this. I have printed it to take to my new recruit's Grand Opening tomorrow. Conference really got me excited about sharing the opportunity. I loved the idea shared by one consultant (I think she was a new Director, but now I don't remember) -- she visually showed the difference between a part-time job at your favorite store and a part-time job with The Pampered Chef by bringing up two people at a show and telling them each what they would earn in the course of a month.

I also love your flyer because it shows the investment vs the return and how there's really no reason not to give PC a try if you're looking to make a little extra money.

I am so thankful for all of you creative, talented people who are willing to share these great ideas and flyers with those of us who don't have a creative bone in our bodies!

Shari in TX

Shari in TX said:
Conference really got me excited about sharing the opportunity. I loved the idea shared by one consultant (I think she was a new Director, but now I don't remember) -- she visually showed the difference between a part-time job at your favorite store and a part-time job with The Pampered Chef by bringing up two people at a show and telling them each what they would earn in the course of a month.
Shari in TX

I LOVED her presentation! I hope they put that out there for us to listen to again. It was a clever idea!

Brenda.the.chef said:
I LOVED her presentation! I hope they put that out there for us to listen to again. It was a clever idea!

I hope they put that on audio and also Tammy Stanley's talk to the Consultants. I need to listen to both again -- I learned so much from them.

Someone told me that another consultant they know uses play money or Monopoly money to get the information across. And after they hand the money to the person with the "real" job, they turn right around and take back 1/4 of it for taxes! I'm definitely going to figure out a way to put all these ideas together to present at my shows. Seeing it in print or acted out is really an eye-opener for me and I'm sure it will be for others too.

Shari in TX

Actually - the commission amount is not accurate based on the other info you've given. At $1250 in sales, the least amount they would earn would be $287.50. So it should state $287.50 in commission (or more!).

ChefBeckyD said:
Actually - the commission amount is not accurate based on the other info you've given. At $1250 in sales, the least amount they would earn would be $287.50. So it should state $287.50 in commission (or more!).

$287.50 would be at 23%, which would apply if the new consultant submitted the $1250 within one calendar month. Since the $1250 to qualify has to be submitted within the new consultant's first 30 days, which can span two calendar months, I did the math with 20%, because that's the very least they'll make no matter what. If she submits $625 at the end of July and $625 at the beginning of August, she'll qualify, get the free pan and PC$, but won't get an increase in her commission rate.

It's $500 in products and supplies, not just products. The product value is about $350. Otherwise, I LOVE it. Great Job.

pchockeymom said:
It's $500 in products and supplies, not just products. The product value is about $350. Otherwise, I LOVE it. Great Job.

Good point... and I knew that. :blushing:

pchockeymom said:

I think that's info from the old kit. I believe the new kit is valued at $570, with over $400 in products. (and the catalog does state a value of over $550).
The value on products is $406.50 - and that is without the spatula that has been discontinued (not sure what they are subbing right now for that) and it's also without the price of 2 prep bowls and one easy read measuring cup.

Shari in TX said:
I hope they put that on audio and also Tammy Stanley's talk to the Consultants. I need to listen to both again -- I learned so much from them.

Someone told me that another consultant they know uses play money or Monopoly money to get the information across. And after they hand the money to the person with the "real" job, they turn right around and take back 1/4 of it for taxes! I'm definitely going to figure out a way to put all these ideas together to present at my shows. Seeing it in print or acted out is really an eye-opener for me and I'm sure it will be for others too.

Shari in TX

This visual is great, but be careful not to give the impression that we earn money tax free. We do get that pesky 1099 at the end of the year.

PamperedchefDaly said:
This visual is great, but be careful not to give the impression that we earn money tax free. We do get that pesky 1099 at the end of the year.

Agreed and very good point. I was thinking that would be a good time to mention that we can write off some of our expenses though. So, when we get the 1099 and have to claim that amount in income, we can turn right around and deduct our business expenses to bring the amount down that we are actually taxed on.

Of course, that may be more information than many people want at a show. So, maybe just the difference in "extras" earned and the per-hour wages comparison will be enough for most shows.

Shari in TX

Shari in TX said:
I've never seen HO put the guest speakers talks on the audio resources, since these folks do it for pay. (It would be nice though!) BUT you can purchase her talk - it's more Direct Sales generic, vs specific to PC like she did, but it's $50 for that one CD.I would highly recommend her whole set. If you can get a few others from your cluster/team to pitch in for the cost, maybe you can buy it together and then share it? I purchased her set about 2 years ago, then later resold it for about half my costs, so was well worth it to me (just need to APPLY more of what I learned to be FULLY effective!).You can also sign up for her e-zine (weekly newsletter). Every so often she has free teleseminars and you get similar info.

PamperedchefDaly said:

Thank you for pointing that out. This is exactly why I posted it, I wanted to get the critique of what I may have missed. I wanted this just to be a eye catching visual, to start a conversation at a booth, so I wasn't really thinking ahead to the taxes. But technically, we do get paid tax free, as there are no taxes taken out of our commission checks...

What does "Do You Think This Is Accurate?" mean?

"Do You Think This Is Accurate?" is a question that is asking for your opinion on whether something is correct or true.

Why would someone ask "Do You Think This Is Accurate?"

Someone might ask "Do You Think This Is Accurate?" if they are unsure about the accuracy of a statement or information and want another person's perspective.

What should I do if I am asked "Do You Think This Is Accurate?"

If you are asked "Do You Think This Is Accurate?", you should take a moment to consider the statement or information in question and provide your honest opinion based on your knowledge and understanding.

Can I disagree if I am asked "Do You Think This Is Accurate?"

Yes, you can disagree if you are asked "Do You Think This Is Accurate?" It is important to respectfully express your differing opinion and provide evidence or reasoning to support it.

How can I determine if something is accurate?

To determine if something is accurate, you can fact-check the information using reliable sources, consider the credibility of the source providing the information, and use your own knowledge and critical thinking skills to evaluate the accuracy of the statement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Mom 55
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
  • kam
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • cincychef