• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Recruiting Packets for Conferences and Shows

In summary, the conversation focused on the importance of carrying recruiting packets to shows and what items to include in the packets. Suggestions included a Discover Us flyer, a FAQ about the business, a commission statement, a Kit Credit Coupon, current promotions, and business cards. Some also included a join us booklet, a DVD, and small treats. However, the key was emphasized to be in the follow up and making a personal connection with potential recruits and showing them how the business can meet their needs and work with their lifestyle.
PamperedchefDaly
Gold Member
After conference I made the decision to ALWAYS carry recruiting packets with me to shows. I want to carry them expecting to hand them out ;)

What does everyone put in their packet, besides the obvious "Join Us" and a recruiting DVD?

Well, I don't have shows on my calendar right now, but I don't plan to carry recruiting packets when I do. A local director says she puts the customer's receipt in a Discover Us flyer, and that way gets one into every customer's hands.

Oh I like that idea. Sort of like when you buy an appliance at Sears and they put the recipe in a folder.

Thanks for the tip! I will try it tonight at my show.

I do that but you definitely want to have actual packets to hand out to those that are really interested!I personally would not give the Join Us. It has way too much information for someone just thinking about looking into it. I give the Discover Us, a FAQ about the biz (that I got from here), a commission statement and the current promo.

I like the commission statement idea!
I also include a Kit Credit Coupon and of course, the flyer for the current promotion - oh! and a business card magnet, so regardless of if they sign they have my info - if they do sign, they have my info handy for newbie questions :)

I give the discover us handout and then email the recruiting incentive. The impt part is the follow up phone call or meeting in person to do the interview.

My Packet has the discover US and Join US flyer in it, a catalog, a order form, kit credit coupon, any recuirting promo's going on I also have a business card and a recipe in the folder as well.

I give everyone a discover us in their show folder. I give people who are interested a packet with the join us booklet because it is designed to create questions (that's a direct quote from director express). I also include the dvd with a snack size bag of m&m's and snack size bag of microwave popcorn (to eat while they watch the DVD). And an actual invitation to join my team - this is actually an invitation like you can buy at walmart or target that says "you are invited".

I haven't given out many of these as of yet because I only do 1-2 shows a month right now. But I am getting them ready for the fall when I hope to have 1-2 shows a week.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I give the discover us handout and then email the recruiting incentive. The impt part is the follow up phone call or meeting in person to do the interview.

good point - it's not really all that important what you give them - as long as you're following up and talking / listening. That's the key.

pcsharon1 said:
I give everyone a discover us in their show folder. I give people who are interested a packet with the join us booklet because it is designed to create questions (that's a direct quote from director express). I also include the dvd with a snack size bag of m&m's and snack size bag of microwave popcorn (to eat while they watch the DVD). And an actual invitation to join my team - this is actually an invitation like you can buy at walmart or target that says "you are invited".

I haven't given out many of these as of yet because I only do 1-2 shows a month right now. But I am getting them ready for the fall when I hope to have 1-2 shows a week.

Good point, but if you look at the Recruiting Made Simple Flyer, that is under "Interview". I think that booklet gives them way too much information - the won't feel the need to talk to you again.

However, like someone said earlier, it's not really about that...it's all in the follow up and what you do AFTER you give them whatever you're going to give them.

PamperedK said:
good point - it's not really all that important what you give them - as long as you're following up and talking / listening. That's the key.

Yes, exactly. Listening and learning what their needs are and showing them how the biz can meet those needs and work as part of their life is what it's about. The interview is where u connect and is about them . Showing them how our biz really is an opportunity is the key. The come join us booklet helps keep u on track, but its the connection in the follow up, and all about them and their Passion/need.

What is a recruiting packet?

A recruiting packet is a collection of information and materials that are put together to showcase an individual's skills, qualifications, and achievements to potential employers or organizations. It is often used as part of the application process for job positions, internships, or scholarships.

What should be included in a recruiting packet?

A typical recruiting packet may include a resume, cover letter, letters of recommendation, transcripts, and any relevant certifications or awards. It may also include a portfolio of work samples, personal statement, and a list of references.

Why is a recruiting packet important?

A well-crafted recruiting packet can help an individual stand out among other applicants and increase their chances of being selected for a job or opportunity. It allows individuals to showcase their skills, experience, and qualifications in a professional and organized manner.

How can I create an effective recruiting packet?

To create an effective recruiting packet, start by researching the organization or company you are applying to and tailor your materials accordingly. Make sure to highlight your relevant skills and experiences, and use a clean and professional layout. Proofread your materials for any errors and have someone else review them for feedback.

Do I need a physical or digital recruiting packet?

It is recommended to have both a physical and digital version of your recruiting packet. A physical packet can be brought to in-person interviews or job fairs, while a digital version can be easily shared via email or online applications. However, make sure to follow the specific instructions given by the organization or company regarding the format of the recruiting packet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• almondfarm
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Cr8vKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies