• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Recruit Bad Exp. W/Mary Kay

In summary, Karen likes that with PC, she doesn't have to maintain any inventory and can make money from doing shows. Karen also dislikes that with Mary Kay, she made more money "on paper" but with PC, she actually makes more money.
chefgirlrd
Hi
I am on my way to getting my first recruit. One hangup is that she used to sell Mary Kay. She says when it came down to tax time she ended up not making any money. So she feels that if she did not make tons of money with PC that this would happen again.

What is a good way to respond? What are some aspects of PC that make it better than selling Mary Kay? (besides no deliveries and no inventory)

Thanks!

One thing I can think of off the bat is that she gets the biz materials she needs for her first four shpws with her kit. Then she can get the business enhancement in her first 60 days I think, and it is half price or so. That gets her through many more shows most likely. She will get changeover kits for each season that have catalogs. After that, show commissions and a little self discipline can keep costs down. With average commissions of $100 a shpw, she could quickly have operating costs covered. PLUS don't forget the PC Bucks she can earn in her first 90 days! Those can add up fast.

They are completely different. In MK your commission is based on how big your order is, they advertise that you make 50% but you have to place a large order to get that. And you are fronting the cost for your order so that you have items on hand for your sales. At least that's how it was when I tried it many years back. I hated selling MK - I love using MK still - but I love selling PC.

I know that for the last couple years "on paper" I did not appear to make much with my business, but I made a lot more than it looks. The reason being the credit per mile that is given. The credits given are far more than I actually paid for the gas and maintenance, but I am not going to complain about paying less in taxes!! Also we can try a new recipe .. it provides a meal for my family, which I guess I am required to feed them anyway .. and another tax deduction. It would be much more accurate for personal reasons to track actual costs as well so she can see how much she is really making with Pampered Chef.

Not having to maintain any inventory is a huge plus. Instead of ordering $200 whole sale and trying to sell it...you don't go out of pocket to earn your money. You do your shows, earn your commission and get the 1099 to prove it! I'm still a personal use MK consultant, but lost money selling it...I make money selling PC :)

Karen (on my team) is an ex-Mary K Consultant too. She also disliked the inventory & tax time. She's been with PC for a little over a year & a half now, is a Director & loving PC.

What is a "Potential Recruit Bad Exp. W/Mary Kay"?

A "Potential Recruit Bad Exp. W/Mary Kay" is a negative experience that someone may have had while considering becoming a consultant for the Mary Kay cosmetics company. This could include feeling pressured or misled during the recruitment process, or having a negative experience with a consultant or director.

Why is it important to know about potential recruit bad experiences with Mary Kay?

Knowing about potential recruit bad experiences with Mary Kay can give you insight into the company's recruitment and sales tactics. It may also help you make a more informed decision about becoming a consultant for the company.

How common are potential recruit bad experiences with Mary Kay?

It is difficult to determine the exact frequency of potential recruit bad experiences with Mary Kay, as they are often not reported or documented. However, there have been multiple reports and complaints from individuals who have had negative experiences while considering becoming a consultant for the company.

What should I do if I have had a potential recruit bad experience with Mary Kay?

If you have had a potential recruit bad experience with Mary Kay, you may want to consider reporting it to the company's customer service department or filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. You can also share your experience with others to help them make informed decisions about the company.

Is there a way to avoid potential recruit bad experiences with Mary Kay?

While there is no guaranteed way to avoid potential recruit bad experiences with Mary Kay, there are some steps you can take to minimize the risk. Research the company and its practices before considering becoming a consultant, and be cautious of any high-pressure sales tactics or promises of quick success. You can also reach out to current or former consultants for their experiences and advice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
jmesser
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • kittychef