• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Now Is Prime Time for Direct Selling

In summary, a recent link shared on Facebook by CK features a special supplement to The Wall Street Journal by Direct Selling News, which is available for purchase at the Direct Selling News Store. The supplement includes 40 pages of information about direct sales companies, including The Pampered Chef. The marketing style of The Pampered Chef is party plan, and their compensation plan is multi-level. They currently have 5 markets and 60,000 distributors. In 2010, they had a revenue of $500 million and were acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2002. The company was founded in 1980 and sells high-end kitchen tools and cookware. The link was originally shared by CK on Facebook and has been forwarded by Deb Derry to
NooraK
Gold Member
CK shared this on FB recently, and I wanted to make sure you guys all saw it as well:

http://www.directsellingnews.com/WSJ-DSN/Wall%20St%20Journal_preview.pdf

The Direct Selling News Store is actually selling a bundle of 25 of these inserts for $20:

A Special Supplement to The Wall Street Journal by Direct Selling News-25 pack [DSN25-015] - $20.00 : Direct Selling News Products

Personally, I don't think it's something that I would share with most recruits, but there is a lot of good information in there that I am planning to work into my recruiting talk (which I am completely revamping to begin with).

Thanks so much for sharing this information. I didn't even know there was a magazine devoted to Direct Sales.

You're the best!

Karen

I'm just bummed because I currently have a WSJ subscription, and the day this was in the paper, my paper got soaked...

I just received this in my email today from my director who received it from it looks like Advanced Director Deb Derry. This link will show the whole 40 page booklet, http://www.businessforhome.org/wp-content/uploads/DSN_WSJ_book.pdf

Definitely some interesting information in there.

Don't know the difference in some of these:

Marketing style: Person to person vs. Party Plan
Compensation Plan: Bi level, Multi-level
Markets: We have 5 Tupperware has nearly 100 ??

Here's the nutshell about Pampered Chef, #25 on their list of 100

#25 ThePamperedChefLtd. 2010 Revenue: $500 million Country: USA

The Pampered Chef sells more than 300 gourmet kitchen tools, cookware, cookbooks and foodstuffs. Founded in 1980, Pampered Chef was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway, the conglomerate controlled by billionaire Warren Buffett, in 2002.
2009 Rank: 24
2009 Revenue: $500 million
Marketing Style: Party plan
Compensation Plan: Multi-level
Products: High-end tools for cooking and entertaining
Markets: 5
Distributors: 60,000
Employees: 800
Headquarters: Addison, Ill.
Executive: Marla Gottschalk
Year Founded: 1980 Stock Symbol: BRK-A—NYSE

jcsmilez said:

We're (of course) Party Plan. Person to person would be more like Amway where you don't put on parties to demonstrate your products, but use relationships to sell them rather than media advertising.

Not sure about the differences in the compensation plans. We have multiple levels at which you can earn money, but I'm not sure what bi-level would be.

Markets: PC is in USA, Canada, UK, Germany and Mexico - five markets. Tupperware is sold in many other countries.

NooraK said:
We're (of course) Party Plan. Person to person would be more like Amway where you don't put on parties to demonstrate your products, but use relationships to sell them rather than media advertising.

Not sure about the differences in the compensation plans. We have multiple levels at which you can earn money, but I'm not sure what bi-level would be.

Markets: PC is in USA, Canada, UK, Germany and Mexico - five markets. Tupperware is sold in many other countries.

I was thinking that I just got thrown off a bit by Tupperware. I figured they were like Pampered Chef as in Party Plan only, but it says they are also "person to person" and then I figured markets were countries but Tupperware being in almost 100 - wow! Maybe bi-level is you only make a percentage off your direct recruits... I don't know, all very interesting. I'm glad to see that Wall Street Journal is recognizing the financial and general credibility of direct sales, though.

jcsmilez said:
I just received this in my email today from my director who received it from it looks like Advanced Director Deb Derry. This link will show the whole 40 page booklet, http://www.businessforhome.org/wp-content/uploads/DSN_WSJ_book.pdf

Definitely some interesting information in there.

Here's the nutshell about Pampered Chef, #25 on their list of 100

#25 ThePamperedChefLtd. 2010 Revenue: $500 million Country: USA

The Pampered Chef sells more than 300 gourmet kitchen tools, cookware, cookbooks and foodstuffs. Founded in 1980, Pampered Chef was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway, the conglomerate controlled by billionaire Warren Buffett, in 2002.
2009 Rank: 24
2009 Revenue: $500 million
Marketing Style: Party plan
Compensation Plan: Multi-level
Products: High-end tools for cooking and entertaining
Markets: 5
Distributors: 60,000
Employees: 800
Headquarters: Addison, Ill.
Executive: Marla Gottschalk
Year Founded: 1980 Stock Symbol: BRK-A—NYSE

I'm Deb Derry - I forwarded it out to my Directors and my upline....interesting to see how far things can travel!!

DebinIA said:
I'm Deb Derry - I forwarded it out to my Directors and my upline....interesting to see how far things can travel!!

I originally saw it through CK's FB page :D

DebinIA said:

Yes it is interesting! Thanks for sharing Deb! It looks like it got passed down to us through Barbara Duke, so it really got out there. Now to be encouraged by WSJ's acceptance of our industry and to take advantage of the great info. :D

1. Why is now considered prime time for direct selling?

Now is considered prime time for direct selling because of the current economic climate. With many people looking for ways to supplement their income or start their own business, direct selling offers a low-cost and flexible option. Additionally, the rise of social media has made it easier for direct sellers to reach a larger audience and sell their products or services.

2. How can direct selling benefit individuals?

Direct selling can benefit individuals in a variety of ways. It offers a low-risk opportunity to start a business, as there is often a low start-up cost and no need for inventory. It also allows individuals to work from home and set their own schedule, providing flexibility and the potential for a better work-life balance. Direct selling can also provide a source of supplemental income or a full-time income for those who are successful.

3. What types of products or services can be sold through direct selling?

A wide range of products or services can be sold through direct selling. Some common examples include beauty and skincare products, health and wellness supplements, kitchen and home goods, and even financial services. Direct selling companies often have a diverse product line, giving individuals the opportunity to choose what they are passionate about selling.

4. Is direct selling a legitimate business model?

Yes, direct selling is a legitimate business model. It has been around for decades and is recognized by many reputable organizations, including the Direct Selling Association. Direct selling companies follow strict guidelines and regulations to ensure ethical business practices and protect both sellers and consumers. It also provides a valuable service to customers by offering personalized product recommendations and customer service.

5. How can someone get started in direct selling?

To get started in direct selling, individuals can research different companies and their products to find one that aligns with their interests and values. They can then reach out to a representative of that company to learn more about the opportunity and how to join. Many direct selling companies offer training and support to help new sellers get started and be successful in their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• magentablue
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • NooraK