• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruit That Just Wants the Kit, What Do I Do

In summary, Sarah tried to convince a customer not to buy the PC only kit, but the customer is intent on buying it and Sarah doesn't know what to do. Becky and I agree that the customer will do what she wants and Sarah should let her know this. If the customer does sign up, Sarah offers her every opportunity to read the policy that comes with the kit and if she still wants to act dishonestly, Sarah tells her that she will not sign her as a consultant and that she will have to purchase the kit again.
sarahsworld2000
Hi everyone- I have a dilema and would like your opinions. At my show last night I had a customer who is going online today to buy the kit, but she basically told me she has no desire to sell PC only to get the kit. I tried to convince her that she would get a ton of other stuff free if she qualifies in her first month to make it more appealing, but I doubt she will even do one show. What should I do? I don't want to tell her not to buy the kit, but I know that she has the intent to buy it and run. Opinions please.
Thanks,
Sarah

She's gonna do what she's gonna do.

If she does sign up, she is given every opportunity to read the policy that comes with signing up as a consultant. If she still wants to act dishonestly, then that's her deal.

I would let her know that if she chooses to schedule some shows, or if she'd like to do a Grand Opening Show herself, that you are willing and available to help her. Keep her on your mailing list for team members and make sure she gets all of the same info as the rest of your team....but unless she shows some willingness on her part, I wouldn't expend a ton of emotional or mental energy with her. Save it for those who are on board.

Ditto to what Becky said! Sometimes you never know....

I agree with Becky!

I would also let her know that her intentions to simply buy the kit but not attempt the business has an effect on all of us. When people "kit-nap" it increases the cost to Pampered Chef because they do not reap the financial rewards they would if the person did the four shows they say they will do. As others do this as well, eventually Pampered Chef will need to either up the price of the starter kit, make it more difficult to sign up, or charge back those that don't fulfill their end of the deal, or possibly all or some combination of these. No one operates in a bubble and her one dishonest action will have a negative impact down the road on many.

And, yes, I would be this frank. I don't like dishonest people. I do not sign consultants until they have four shows confirmed. It has not kept me from the kitnappers, had two of them, but I know I did everything I could do to ensure the person's intentions were to infact work the business. I even called the hosts to thank them for helping the person start their business. They still kitnapped, but...

or charge back those that don't fulfill their end of the deal,

I assumed that's what would happen. I thought if I didn't make the $1250 in 90 days, I would have to pay full price for the kit. That's the way it should be. It would eliminate the kitnappers.

I have been in this same place- I had a girl that basically wouldn't take no for an answer. (She was a prior consultant that signed up under an upper lever director and never qualified. She refused to meet with me in person.) They can still go to our website or any other consultant's website and sign up. I do wish there would be some type of "punishment" for those that doesn't even submit 1 show! The girl I am talking about has now purchased the full kit 2 times and NEVER qualified!

Also, just point out all the PC dollars she could earn by doing shows in her first 30 - 90 days! Then she might want to try it - and she might like it! :)

I've actually told them that I can't under good faith condone them signing if they have no intentions of even attempting to fulfill the contract. When they sign the contract with Pampered Chef, they are agreeing to put forth the effort to submit $1,250 in Commissionable Sales. If they are not willing to do that, they should just host to see how much they can get for free & at a discount. So far, it's worked! But I also offer the current show to them (if they are the first one at that show to sign AND the host is not thinking about signing). If so, I have them sit down & check out the rest of the customers to get a feel for it too. So they get the on-the-job training and the paycheck. I've only had one (extenuating circumstances with a high risk pregnancy) drop out after that without finishing her agreement. She never even got to open her kit. She ended up having to leave Japan and head back home for her pregnancy. I spoke with corporate & instructed her to return the unopened kit for a partial refund. ;)

If you can, have her sign a paper contract. That makes it seem more real. And I would tell her she is obligated to do at least 4 show -- that's what she agreed to do when she put on paper the 4 shows she planned to do.

Sandi

Legally you cannot stop her from being a kit-napper. They have the legal right to fail at this business. There is actually nothing in the contract about mandatory sales requirements ($1250) or number of shows (4). They are buying their business and what they choose to do is their business. We cannot punish people who do not qualify because again legally they have every right to fail. I have had just a few people not qualify. I pretty much could have predicted it when they signed, but I did not want to discourage them from trying. They did try, but this was just not the right business for them.

Now this does not make it right what she is doing. There is a difference between right and legal. You can call home office and let them know, perhaps you can tell them that you do not want her on your team and they will prevent her from signing under you. On the rare occassion that I have had someone tell me they are going to sign just for the products, I do bring up that they are signing a legal contract with The Pampered Chef to be an independent consultant and if they just want to kit-nap the kit that it is really unethical. This usually stops them. In reality, we have no legal recourse and you should just bless and release.

I was one of those..... but then my Hubby lost his job and i scrambled in the last 22 days and pulled off my 1250! Here I am! 3 years later!

MHouting said:
I was one of those..... but then my Hubby lost his job and i scrambled in the last 22 days and pulled off my 1250! Here I am! 3 years later!

You have gotten some good advice, but I think there are several of the Top Sellers of the company who signed just for the kit and look where they are now!! I would encourage her to do at least 1 show if you don't think she will do 4. See where it takes her. She doesn't have anything to loose.

Thanks so much for the help! I had a long talk with my upline about it too and decided that all I can do is lead a horse to water, but I can't make it drink. I just went over the "ethical" thing to do and hopefully she will atleast try.
Thanks,
Sarah

Did you offer to help her at her "kickoff" show? Maybe once she sees how easy it can be, she will show more of an interest? That first hint of paycheck got me excited!

Yup, I signed up just for the kit. I did however agree beforehand to do 6 shows and then I was out. Here I am 2 yrs later loving my biz!

What do I do if a recruit only wants the kit?

If a recruit is only interested in the kit and not the opportunity, it's important to have an honest conversation with them. Ask them why they are interested in the kit and if they have any concerns or hesitations about the business opportunity. Try to address their concerns and explain the potential benefits of joining the team.

How can I convince a recruit to be more interested in the business opportunity?

One way to convince a recruit to be more interested in the business opportunity is by highlighting the potential for earning income and building a successful business. Share your own success story and the success stories of others in the company. You can also offer to mentor and support them in their journey.

Should I still recruit someone who is only interested in the kit?

It ultimately depends on your goals and the structure of your company. If your company offers a commission or bonuses for recruiting, it may still be beneficial to bring on someone who is only interested in the kit. However, if your company focuses on building a team and growing a successful business, it may be better to focus on recruits who are genuinely interested in the opportunity.

How can I make the opportunity more appealing to someone who just wants the kit?

You can make the opportunity more appealing by highlighting the potential for personal growth and development, as well as the opportunity to be a part of a supportive team. You can also offer to share tips and strategies for using the kit to its full potential and potentially making a profit from it.

What are some potential reasons why a recruit may only be interested in the kit?

Some potential reasons why a recruit may only be interested in the kit could include financial constraints, lack of time or interest in building a business, or a lack of understanding of the potential benefits of the opportunity. It's important to have an open and honest conversation with the recruit to better understand their motivations and concerns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• makeawhisk
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
jmesser
Replies