• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Team with Personal Incentives | Tips for Recruiting Success

I thought more about it and she is right... the company offers new consultants so much to succeed that we don't have to go above and beyond it.
josh_j_216
I am anxious to start a team and was just wondering if anyone offers personal incentives, besides what the company offers? I am new and would love to earn TOT trip to New Orleans, but that isnt happening without some recruiting points? Any suggestions or care to share what you do?

I offer to get the booking slide for recruits that qualify in 30 days. I use the pc dollars I get for them qualifying.

I offer a $50 rebate for those that do the following on my team:Just complete the following in your first 30 days!3 step training process:
• New Consultant Orientation (to get you familiar with the paperwork and software)
• Attend One Team Training Meeting as a consultant (come to see the support you’ll have)
• Complete These Online Training Courses… each only 20 minutes available 24/7
1. Achieving Your Goals
2. Prospecting: Finding Business Everywhere
3. Host Coaching: A Partnership for Success
4. Your Cooking Show
5. Sharing the Opportunity
6. Customer Care
AND Submit $1250 in commissionable sales (usually 2-3 shows).

:DAs soon as my recruits qualify I'll be buying them each a catalog tote. I'm thinking that if I can grow my team to more than 2, I may do small competitions or something. I know that kind of thing always lights a fire under my 'you know what' since I'm pretty competitive!:D

Those who submit two shows this month on my team are entered into a drawing for a FREE product to go with their tote and outdoor products that they will earn. And i told them its not a SB Cookbook. hehe

Such good ideas! I just recruited my first on April 1st and she's re-evaluating whether or not she wants to continue to do this.. :-( I have another that is signing up tonight! I never even thought of offering any incentives until I read this post! Perhaps I can salvage recruit #1.

Thanks so much everyone for your ideas!! Much appreciated :)

I'm not being a negative Nancy.... but... why should we offer personal incentives to qualify or sign when the company already offers such great incentives? It's one thing for the booking slide or catalog tote... as this seems to be a common practice, but anything above that seems overboard... when a recruit qualifies in their first 30 they get the recruiting incentive for the month, trip points, a free website, PC dollars, and commission, and opportunity to earn more PC bucks in their frist 90. That's a lot to look forward to and work hard for.

I am only saying this because I have a team of 8 under me, all are new consultants since March. Some of them are doing things, others are not, so I asked my upline what I could offer as an incentive to qualify... cause I REALLY want to earn the TOT trip. She told me all should need to do is be there to support them. And I thought more about it and she is right... the company offers new consultants so much to succeed that we don't have to go above and beyond it.

So here's what I do for my team... I email them once a week with a team briefing... I call or email them individually once a week or so to see how they are doing and if they need anything. I also do team training at my house once a month aside from regular cluster meetings so we can work more closely and such. I'm slowly realizing that while "stuff" is good... (love earning those incentives)... having the support of your upline is valuble too.

vanscootin said:
I'm not being a negative Nancy.... but... why should we offer personal incentives to qualify or sign when the company already offers such great incentives? It's one thing for the booking slide or catalog tote... as this seems to be a common practice, but anything above that seems overboard... when a recruit qualifies in their first 30 they get the recruiting incentive for the month, trip points, a free website, PC dollars, and commission, and opportunity to earn more PC bucks in their frist 90. That's a lot to look forward to and work hard for.

I am only saying this because I have a team of 8 under me, all are new consultants since March. Some of them are doing things, others are not, so I asked my upline what I could offer as an incentive to qualify... cause I REALLY want to earn the TOT trip. She told me all should need to do is be there to support them. And I thought more about it and she is right... the company offers new consultants so much to succeed that we don't have to go above and beyond it.

So here's what I do for my team... I email them once a week with a team briefing... I call or email them individually once a week or so to see how they are doing and if they need anything. I also do team training at my house once a month aside from regular cluster meetings so we can work more closely and such. I'm slowly realizing that while "stuff" is good... (love earning those incentives)... having the support of your upline is valuable too.

I have to agree with this- not so much from personal experience, but logic (and my own motivations). If what Pampered Chef has to offer (which is amazing- even without the extras they typically throw in) is not ENOUGH to motivate them to do what they need to do, why would something small that we as recruiters may offer be any different??

I think it's great and ok to give something when they DO qualify, but I don't think I'd advertise it as a way to motivate or entice them to do so. My NED doesn't tell anyone, but they learn about it when they are at the cluster meeting and see another team member get their gift. THAT is where the motivation I think comes from- the recognition, the gift, and the support.

Motivation is different for everyone, but PC gives so much. I think it also sets an example that some on your team may not be able to follow- so therefore they won't bother to recruit. Just like we try to make our shows duplicatable and SIMPLE so others can see that they can do it too, I think how we handle and work with our team members should be the same so they see that building a team isn't going to be expensive or hard to do either.

I do offer several different types of recognition items. One of the things we do to recognize someone who qualifies in their 30 days is to purchase the Merrill New Consultant Success Kit. The kit comes with 500 business cards, a self-inking stamp and a name badge. Basically, what I'm telling them when we get that set for them is that I am invested in their future. Since I have started that incentive plan more of my new consultants are qualifying in their 30 days! That is important to me, so it is worth a little something from me to make it happen.

I do agree with Vanscootin to a certain degree. You cannot incentify someone to work that doesn't want to work. The incentives the company has been giving us lately have been amazing!! If they can't get off their butt to turn in 2 shows to earn those things what could you offer them to make them move?

esavvymom said:
I have to agree with this- not so much from personal experience, but logic (and my own motivations). If what Pampered Chef has to offer (which is amazing- even without the extras they typically throw in) is not ENOUGH to motivate them to do what they need to do, why would something small that we as recruiters may offer be any different??

I think it's great and ok to give something when they DO qualify, but I don't think I'd advertise it as a way to motivate or entice them to do so. My NED doesn't tell anyone, but they learn about it when they are at the cluster meeting and see another team member get their gift. THAT is where the motivation I think comes from- the recognition, the gift, and the support.

Motivation is different for everyone, but PC gives so much. I think it also sets an example that some on your team may not be able to follow- so therefore they won't bother to recruit. Just like we try to make our shows duplicatable and SIMPLE so others can see that they can do it too, I think how we handle and work with our team members should be the same so they see that building a team isn't going to be expensive or hard to do either.

Completely agree!

1. What are personal incentives?

Personal incentives refer to rewards or benefits that individuals receive for achieving certain goals or behaviors. These incentives can be monetary or non-monetary and are often used to motivate individuals to perform better or to achieve specific objectives.

2. What are the types of personal incentives?

There are various types of personal incentives, including bonuses, commissions, recognition, promotions, and time-off rewards. Companies may also offer non-monetary incentives such as flexible work hours, training opportunities, or extra vacation days.

3. How do personal incentives motivate individuals?

Personal incentives serve as a form of positive reinforcement, encouraging individuals to continue performing well or to improve their performance. These rewards give individuals a sense of accomplishment and recognition, which can boost their motivation and drive to succeed.

4. What are the benefits of personal incentives?

Personal incentives can have several benefits for individuals, including increased motivation, improved job satisfaction, and a sense of loyalty to the company. These rewards can also help individuals feel valued and appreciated, leading to higher levels of productivity and overall job performance.

5. How can personal incentives be implemented effectively?

To implement personal incentives effectively, it's important to have a clear and fair reward system in place. This includes setting measurable goals and clearly communicating the criteria for receiving incentives. It's also essential to regularly review and adjust the incentive program to ensure it remains relevant and motivating for individuals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • cheftiffany
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Sheila