• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Why Would Someone Prank Call Me About a Business Opportunity?

:(I replied "STOP" immediately when the text came in. DH signed up for something like that at one time and I chewed him out for it. Hopefully he learned his lesson!
NooraK
Gold Member
I got quite excited today when I received an email saying someone had used the "Contact Me" form on my PWS and marked they were interested in the Business Opportunity. I did find it a bit strange that I didn't recognize the name, and the area code of the phone number was in RI, but I figured maybe they had found my FB page through a friend or something.

So, I call the number and get a message that says "You're about to get pi**ed on" and has audio to illustrate said activity.

:grumpy: :yuck: :mad:

I fail to find the humor in that. I've never found that kind of stuff funny, and it irritates me even more that someone would play on my emotions like that, and essentially mock my business.

And to top it off, once I called the number, I got a text message from some company saying that I should reply if I want to join a list to receive new phone numbers each week! Good thing I have unlimited texts.

Ok, thanks for letting me vent.

It is kinda the same kind of sickness some people get out of trying to scam people and send them a very large order email with the list an address and ship to the sister who is getting married and somehow by accident instead of sending you the $500 something check they send you one for $4 thousand something. UGH, people need to do something productive with their lives or leave us who are alone. Okay I am done venting too, :D

Twiddleheads! So sorry this happened to you, Noora.

:( Sorry girl!

I feel better this morning. One of my coworkers walked sat down at my desk this morning and asked if I still "do that Pampered Chef thing" because she thinks she might want to do it.

NooraK said:
I feel better this morning. One of my coworkers walked sat down at my desk this morning and asked if I still "do that Pampered Chef thing" because she thinks she might want to do it.

Well, alright! Much better "good" than the "bad."

WooHoo! Maybe she'll sign. :DStill sorry about the spam thing. :(

Sheila said:
WooHoo! Maybe she'll sign. :D

I sure hope so! She spent quite a bit of time at my desk today asking questions, and I gave her my HD's number so that they can find a date when she can go observe one of her shows.

ritabenson said:
It is kinda the same kind of sickness some people get out of trying to scam people and send them a very large order email with the list an address and ship to the sister who is getting married and somehow by accident instead of sending you the $500 something check they send you one for $4 thousand something. UGH, people need to do something productive with their lives or leave us who are alone. Okay I am done venting too, :D

I JUST got this one last week! Stupid ppl!

That phone message was terrible though. Not only a prank, but disgusting. Glad your day is looking up.

Watch your cell phone bill closely. You may have inadvertently just subscribed to a premium messaging service, some of which charge $9.99 a month or more! If there's a charge on your bill next month, you can go to your phone company and they should remove it. You'll also have to send a "stop" text or something to remove yourself from the service. I'm sorry that happened to you. The thing that makes me the most angry about those types of things is that you're now out of "line" in the lead order for no good reason!

mountainmama74 said:
Watch your cell phone bill closely. You may have inadvertently just subscribed to a premium messaging service, some of which charge $9.99 a month or more! If there's a charge on your bill next month, you can go to your phone company and they should remove it. You'll also have to send a "stop" text or something to remove yourself from the service.

I'm sorry that happened to you. The thing that makes me the most angry about those types of things is that you're now out of "line" in the lead order for no good reason!

I replied "STOP" immediately when the text came in. DH signed up for something like that at one time and I chewed him out for it.

Luckily, it wasn't a HO Lead thing. I am still just a SC, so I don't qualify.

1. Is "Is This Supposed to Be Funny?" a comedy show or a cooking show?

"Is This Supposed to Be Funny?" is a cooking show that incorporates elements of comedy. It is designed to entertain and make cooking more enjoyable for the viewers.

2. Who is the host of "Is This Supposed to Be Funny?"

The host of "Is This Supposed to Be Funny?" is a professional chef and comedian who brings a unique blend of humor and culinary skills to the show.

3. Can I learn new cooking techniques and recipes from "Is This Supposed to Be Funny?"

Yes, absolutely! "Is This Supposed to Be Funny?" features a variety of recipes and cooking techniques that are easy to follow and perfect for anyone looking to improve their culinary skills.

4. Do I need to be a member of Pampered Chef to watch "Is This Supposed to Be Funny?"

No, "Is This Supposed to Be Funny?" is available for anyone to watch, regardless of whether they are a Pampered Chef member or not.

5. How can I watch "Is This Supposed to Be Funny?"

"Is This Supposed to Be Funny?" is available to watch on various streaming platforms, such as YouTube and Vimeo. You can also find it on the Pampered Chef website and social media channels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyRedHead
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • cincychef