• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Host Losing Her Job? How Should I Respond?

In summary, the email sender's boss has lost her job and she is not able to collect orders from work. The sender would like to talk to her about the business but does not know how to approach the situation. They recommend a phone call.
Heather92007
I just got an email from my Host for this Saturday's party. She informed me that she needs to cancel and possibly do a Catalog show. She is losing her job and hasn't been at work for 2 weeks so that is why she hasn't been able to collect any orders from work :(. I really would like to talk to her about the business but I don't know how I should put it. I want to be sensitive because she is losing her job. How would you respond to the email?

I would not respond by e-mail, but give her a phone call. Offer sympathy in her difficult transition, ask after her prospects (ie she might have something already lined up), and find a way to offer the business.

I agree with Dotty that a phone call would be nice. You could ask something about the catalog show and say that you understand, etc., and perhaps mention someone else who had lost their job and found it was the perfect opportunity to work for themselves around the hours of their family.

call and and simply say "I am so sorry to hear about your job situation, have you ever thought about something like Pampered Chef"

phone call is good or if you really know her well....bring over some goodies or a casserole and do a face to face...it's good that you are sensitive to her feelings but i definitely would offer the business!

In addition to the above suggestions, if you still feel awkward in someway, just remember *and maybe even say to her* that you wouldn't be doing YOUR job if you didn't at least let her know of the opportunity that PC has, and offer to give her a "Think about it" packet (which is just the recruiting material & DVD, etc).

Thanks for the help. I left her a message and will follow up.

1. What should I do if my host is losing her job and can no longer host the party?

If your host is no longer able to host the party, you can still continue with the party by finding a new host. You can ask a friend or family member if they would be interested in hosting the party instead.

2. Will my host still receive host rewards if she is losing her job?

Yes, your host will still receive host rewards as long as the party reaches a minimum sales amount. The rewards will be based on the sales from the party, regardless of the host's employment status.

3. Can the party be rescheduled if my host is losing her job?

Yes, the party can be rescheduled if necessary. Please contact your host and discuss a new date that works for both of you. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance with rescheduling.

4. How can I support my host if she is losing her job?

You can support your host by continuing with the party and inviting others to attend. This will help your host to still earn rewards and possibly provide some income during this difficult time. You can also offer words of encouragement and support to your host.

5. Will my order still be processed if my host is losing her job?

Yes, your order will still be processed as usual. Your consultant will take care of processing your order and delivering it to you. If you have any concerns or questions about your order, please reach out to your consultant for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • crystalscookingnow
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • ChefBeckyD