• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thanks to My Car Pampered Chef Decal I Just May Have a New Consultant!

(insert your significant other here)'s birthday is this weekend and I wanted to do something special for her. ;)Congratulations on your significant other's birthday! :)
pchockeymom
So I was at Walmart the other day and as I was walking back to my car a lady stopped me and asked, "So do you make good money selling PC?" And thus the conversation began. I gave her a dvd, the only thing I had in my sling (which she absolutely loved and when I told her I earned it for free she was impressed). We are meeting this afternoon along with her 18 year old daughter who she thinks will be her helper but I will tell her she can make more right off the bat if she signs her daughter up under her. I'm so excited! Just had to share.

Good Luck...I have my decal (for a long time now), I'M PUTTING ON THIS AFTERNOON!!!Thanks for the reminder!

Awesome! I have been thinking about this decal and this seals the deal

FYI the daughter can't sign up under her if they live in the same house.

NooraK said:
FYI the daughter can't sign up under her if they live in the same house.

No way! Didn't know that! BUT...SHE SIGNED!!! GRAND OPENING SHOW NEXT SUNDAY!!! WAAHOOO!! I'm so excited. She likes the idea of her daughter signing under her. I'll have to find out what we can do to remedy that. I'm surprised, I've heard of husband and wife teams, and mother/daughter teams. I will look into it.

pchockeymom said:
No way! Didn't know that! BUT...SHE SIGNED!!! GRAND OPENING SHOW NEXT SUNDAY!!! WAAHOOO!! I'm so excited. She likes the idea of her daughter signing under her. I'll have to find out what we can do to remedy that. I'm surprised, I've heard of husband and wife teams, and mother/daughter teams. I will look into it.

In the situation of husband/wife teams, only one of them is actually an official consultant. The PG states that we can't sign someone onto our own team that lives at the same address.

There are also arguments against signing under a family member in that "don't mix business and family/friends" kind of way. If one or the other doesn't succeed it might strain the relationship.

You could sign the daughter under you as well, or mom could wait until she moves out.

teams are teams, contract is only in one name. they just do them together. same address can not have multiple consultants

Best wishes!

but if the daughter moves to college...

Congratulations!!! :D

pclinskie said:
teams are teams, contract is only in one name. they just do them together. same address can not have multiple consultants

I was trying to find the exact wordage, because my understanding was that it's not against the rules to have two consultants at the same address, but that they can't sign up one under the other. I couldn't find it though, does anyone know if maybe it has changed?

NooraK said:
I was trying to find the exact wordage, because my understanding was that it's not against the rules to have two consultants at the same address, but that they can't sign up one under the other. I couldn't find it though, does anyone know if maybe it has changed?

It's not in the consultant agreement, but it's in the directions for filling it out. Go to CC > Promoting & Building Your Business > Consultant Agreement > Consultant Agreement Guide pdf. page 2.

"Your recruiter may not be a member of your immediate household, for example, a spouse, parent or an adult child living in your home."

Becca_in_MD said:
It's not in the consultant agreement, but it's in the directions for filling it out. Go to CC > Promoting & Building Your Business > Consultant Agreement > Consultant Agreement Guide pdf. page 2.

"Your recruiter may not be a member of your immediate household, for example, a spouse, parent or an adult child living in your home."

Ah, thank you :) I was looking at the PG and the actual agreement, but not the directions.

I know, kinda weird that it's not in the agreement or guide. How much of a policy is it if it's only in the directions, and a footnote at that?

Kinda bummed about that but if she really loves it, maybe she'll sign under me:D I got noooo problem with that!

Congrats!

My husband is the one who has actually been bugging me to get th car decal, now that we have our income tax back, I may do that this weekend. He never mentioned it before, but when we were at Disney, he was impressed w/ the way they looked on the other consultants cars who were at the resort! He said "how come you don't have one of those?" ha ha

I picked up the dog from the vet today. Usually my DH is in charge of everything for him, but I was being a nice wife since the dog has been there a lot lately. I told the receptionist that I was there to get "Pooch" (not his real name, I'm protecting his identity). She said "I thought so. I saw your name on the car. I used to sell PC in England." She's been back in the US for 4 years and doesn't have a consultant. Guess who her consultant is now? Don't know if she'll really consider rejoining the biz. Her DH is in Afghanistan. Her kids aren't too young so I could definitely see her doing it if she wanted. At least I can hopefully get a booking out of it. Those decals have been on my car for over 6 months and have not produced any results. I was going to take my name, # and website off the car and just leave the logo. Now I'm reconsidering.

Now if only I could deduct the vet's bill as a biz expense.

Becca_in_MD said:
Now if only I could deduct the vet's bill as a biz expense.

Take the dog to her show, make doggie treats using PC products, and there you go!

pchockeymom said:
Take the dog to her show, make doggie treats using PC products, and there you go!

I would if I could. He's quite big and getting old so he doesn't travel well. Plus, we may not be taking him to that vet anymore. My DH just started taking him there a month ago for a routine check-up and it's been one thing after another since then. I think it's over $1,000 in the past month. Time to consult with the old vet practice (we moved so have gone to this new place) and my sister, the unofficial vet who has a ton of knowledge after breeding dogs for 20 years.

OMG! Just talked to her. She's out of town on break but had looked at the e-mail I sent with recruiting promo and KAM's 2 month host special flyer (see, I really do use them!!). She's interested in becoming a consultant again and will give me a call when she gets back to town in a week. Fingers crossed that this works out cuz it will just be truly amazing to me if it does. Even better if she signs by the end of April b/c that will make 3 for April. That will justify the decal purchase for sure!

Becca_in_MD said:
OMG! Just talked to her. She's out of town on break but had looked at the e-mail I sent with recruiting promo and KAM's 2 month host special flyer (see, I really do use them!!). She's interested in becoming a consultant again and will give me a call when she gets back to town in a week. Fingers crossed that this works out cuz it will just be truly amazing to me if it does. Even better if she signs by the end of April b/c that will make 3 for April. That will justify the decal purchase for sure!

AWESOME!! And it may justify the vet fee, after a very long time, but still, maybe she'll give you a discount:D

My only concern with getting a decal is the fact that my car isn't the greatest. I feel like if someone sees my decal and my car, they'll think...my, she can't even afford a decent car. Must be business isn't very good. Thoughts?

yankfan24 said:
My only concern with getting a decal is the fact that my car isn't the greatest. I feel like if someone sees my decal and my car, they'll think...my, she can't even afford a decent car. Must be business isn't very good. Thoughts?

Here's an idea...Get a bumper sticker made that says "This one's paid for, Pampered Chef is helping me get a new one!" Or something catchy like that. You can go to any sign store to have a bumper sticker made, just be sure to take PC's logo with you.

Ok at risk of sounding completely naive..Is the car decal something I can order from Vistaprint? Merrill? I am interested.. please advise :) Also, do you all put your name and number on it? I am slightly hesitant because I work in a public school and do NOT want the parents and children to have my personal phone number.

pchockeymom said:
Here's an idea...Get a bumper sticker made that says "This one's paid for, Pampered Chef is helping me get a new one!" Or something catchy like that. You can go to any sign store to have a bumper sticker made, just be sure to take PC's logo with you.

The PC logo is copyrighted. Since you don't have the rights to it, you can't have it reproduced. That's why Merrill is a licensed vendor. They pay PC to be able to produce products with the logo on it.

I worry more about someone seeing my name with my crazy driving rather than the condition of my car. Unless your car is a real rust bucket, I wouldn't worry about it. Anyone a "Weeds" fan on Showtime? There's a funny storyline with a cosmetics woman who has her pink company convertible.

msmileyface said:
Ok at risk of sounding completely naive..

Is the car decal something I can order from Vistaprint? Merrill? I am interested.. please advise :)

Also, do you all put your name and number on it? I am slightly hesitant because I work in a public school and do NOT want the parents and children to have my personal phone number.

The logo is something you have to get through Merrill. There is a decal available that is just the logo, or there is a personalized one that you can add detail to. I have just the logo from Merrill, and I got custom vinyl with my phone number and PWS address.

pchockeymom said:

Don't know if the offer is still valid, but check this out:

http://thefreebieblogger.com/free-bumper-sticker-of-your-choice/

msmileyface said:
Ok at risk of sounding completely naive..

Is the car decal something I can order from Vistaprint? Merrill? I am interested.. please advise :)

Also, do you all put your name and number on it? I am slightly hesitant because I work in a public school and do NOT want the parents and children to have my personal phone number.

Not naive at all! From Merrill you can get one with the logo, your name, #, and PWS for about $35 for 2 decals plus shipping. I think they also have one that is just the logo and company name for a lot less. I suggest this one since you don't want people in the school community to have your contact info. I don't blame you a bit on that score! I have not had anyone call my # (cell #) from seeing it on my car. I've only had people notice the company name and comment to me about it. Some people have gotten decals from Vistaprint as well. There are other threads on here about getting the actual decals.

yankfan24 said:

Funny that you would say that..that is similar to the reason why I don't have one..but mine is because I look like I live out of mine. I am a packrat and have my entire back seat covered in stuff. Maybe once I clean that out and keep it cleaned I will get one.

Way to go both Becca and pchockeymom! I need to replace my decal (with the extra one that it came with) as it is all worn off.

Becca_in_MD said:
Anyone a "Weeds" fan on Showtime? There's a funny storyline with a cosmetics woman who has her pink company convertible.

Hee hee.....*raises hand* me. (-:

(with the extra one that it came with)

I just got my decals yesterday and I had an extra one with it too. Nice! I just got the dots decal and I am having someone local to a sticker with my website address. They can contact me through the website, if they are interested. It does have my phone number listed and a way to email me. I figured that would be easiest for them to remember as I go driving past. I might have to learn to quit driving so fast! ;)

I'm new here...how do I get a decal?

(sign into) Consultant's Corner > (hover over) Promoting & Building Your Business > (click on) Licensed Merchandise Vendors > (scroll down to the bottom & click on) Merrill ~ they are our licensed vendor & anything on that page is authorized by Pampered Chef for you to use for marketing purposes. ;)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lexif424
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • dme.grant
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
LauriChick
  • esavvymom