• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

1St Potential Recruit.. Idk What to Give Her, Etc

In summary, my host for my upcoming Saturday show told me last night that she wants to join. Today I'm anxious because I don't know what to do. What do I give her? Do I give her the green thick getting started book? I thought one of those comes with your kit. I have the paper sign up form, is it better to do it online or does it matter? I also don't know what 'recruiting' info to put in host packets. There are 3 different kinds of flyers. I don't understand the major differences between them. Also is there a big diff between last years and this years blue discover us flyer? I'm in the same boat! I don
gussey30
My host for my upcomihng saturday show told me last night that she wants to join!
This will be my first recruit. Yesterday I was excited... today I'm anxious bc I don't know what to do. What do I give her? Do I give her the green thick getting started book? I thought one of those comes with your kit?
I have the paper sign up form, is it better to do it online or does it matter?

I digress...
I'm also not sure what 'recruiting' info to put in host packets.
There are 3 different kinds of flyers. I don't understand the major differences between them. Also is there a big diff between last years and this years blue discover us flyer?

I'm in the same boat! I don't know where to begin!! Where do you get the quick start kit?

I think I read somewhere that only directors get the quick start kit

Sounds like a call to your upline Director would be a good idea :)

Here's what I learned at Director's Express. Give her the succeed with us booklet. Make Saturday her Grand Opening Show. You still do the show, but give her all the bookings so she's off to a great start - try to get them all within her first 30 days if she can swing it. You keep the commission on this show because you worked it, she can concentrate on being a fabulous hostess and she can use her kit credit to bring down the start-up price. Schedule a time where she can come an observe a show for training purposes. Have her sign the consultant agreement the day after her show closes (she can still work on her list of 100 etc.)

I'd also recommend going on PC's site and take a couple recruting trainings. Once her agreement is done - have her work on her list of 100, open her separate checking account, make calls to announce her business and book shows, when she gets her log-in info 1-2 days - have her go through the getting started resouces center and product trainings. make sure she knows when your cluster meetings are.

What do other folks think? I haven't recruited yet, but a lot of this is what my now fabulous Director had me do. She was very friendly, supportive and encouraging the whole way through.

Acheive with us - more about recruiting and growing your team - I think this makes sense after you sign up.
Discover Us - very general information - it is a teaser to the Join Us Booklet. Cheaper so use it to pass out at vendor fairs or put in guest/host packets.
Join Us - more indepth information - use it for when you invite folks to learn more about the business and they are receptive to learning more. At full service check-out, when you schedule an interview, give it to your hostess. There's a couple of trainings online that walk you through how to use this booklet effectively.

thanks! I didn't know there were recruiting trainings. My director is hard to get ahold of and she usually directs me to my recruiter... who didn't teach me one thing. I've figured everything out on my own or through this fab site. Honestly without this forum site, I'm not sure how I would have figured some things out. I think it's a good idea to give her the bookings. Do you think I should I call her tomorrow to talk to her about doing that or wait til sat?

I would call her ahead of time to make sure she wants to make her show a grand opening one. Ask her to think about what she'd like to get out of Pampered Chef so that she can begin thinking about her goals.

I'd recommend that you listen to Strong Start: New Consultant SuccessDonna Landy, Sonia Emerick; National Conference 2010. It's in the online training center under the resources tab on the left side.

I'm so SUPER EXCITED FOR YOU!!! Good luck. Let us know how it goes, so we can learn too :) Or live vicariously through you until we get our own recruits.

You have gotten some really good advice. Great job on recruiting!

Definitely talk with her before the show about the bookings and let her know that you are supporting her from the begininning. Scott Cooks has posted a really fantastic training booklet (look for it under the files section of this site). Don't worry so much about what you feel you need to "give her". As she hits certain milestones, you can offer her incentives to reach even higher. She will appreciate your guidance (since you did not get much yourself) and when she has some "skin" in the business, she will reach out even more.

Good luck in building your team!

Thanks for the enthusiasm! now i'm excited again. thanks so much :):)

Oh, I forgot to mention that as soon as she gets cleared to go online she should also apply for the debit card right away because she'll need this for the website (if she chooses that) and for future show submissions.

type in "new consultant" under the files and you will see Scott's wonderful training booklets.

1. What should I give my 1st potential recruit as a gift?

The best gift to give your 1st potential recruit is something that is relevant to your company or the position they are applying for. This could be a gift card to a local coffee shop, a branded company item, or a book related to the industry.

2. Should I offer my 1st potential recruit a signing bonus?

It is not necessary to offer a signing bonus to your 1st potential recruit, especially if you are a small company with a limited budget. However, if you have the means to offer a bonus, it can be a great incentive for them to join your team.

3. How can I make my 1st potential recruit feel welcome?

There are a few ways to make your 1st potential recruit feel welcome. First, make sure to greet them warmly and introduce them to the team. You could also give them a tour of the office and take them out to lunch with their potential colleagues. Additionally, make sure to be open and transparent during the interview process to make them feel like a valued candidate.

4. What qualities should I look for in my 1st potential recruit?

The qualities you should look for in your 1st potential recruit depend on the specific job and company culture. However, some important qualities to consider are their relevant skills and experience, their attitude and work ethic, and their potential for growth and development within the company.

5. How can I determine if my 1st potential recruit is a good fit for the company?

To determine if your 1st potential recruit is a good fit for the company, you can ask them about their career goals and how they see themselves fitting into the company culture. You can also ask for references and check their previous work experience. Additionally, it can be helpful to have them meet with other team members to gauge their compatibility and potential for collaboration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • msmileyface