• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yay but Maybe Nay! Sorry Long!

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's success in recruiting a second person to their team and concerns about maintaining a team member who is struggling with reaching her sales goals and considering quitting. The speaker is seeking advice on how to motivate and support this team member in reaching her financial goals.
kcmckay
Gold Member
So I have my 2nd recruit signing on Thursday! Yay. I finally sold her on give it a try fulfill your agreement and if you don't want to continue after that you've made some money got some great products and lost nothing really. So she decided to give it a try! I am confident she'll stick with it though! I will be meeting with her to close her show and get her signed up and address any other concerns she may have!

But today I talked to my current team member and friend. I asked how she was doing and how her April is coming. She has one show which is fine but she decided to sign to help pay for her wedding. She signed in December and rocked out January and February. Her March was going strong but she lost some shows and possibly momentum. We did a booth recently and she got some interest for future months. I told her to send the catalogs to those people with specials and "free cooking" show special and put a blurb help me pay for my wedding.

I'm nervous she's going to quit! :( I know she'll stick through April she wants to use some PC $'s for Kit Enhancement month. She is also applying for PT jobs. I asked her if she's going to leave and she's says maybe. She's going to try to stick it out and would be fine with one show a month if they weren't short about $6000 for wedding expenses (August is date). I know if she leaves I won't lose my 4000 recruiting points but I need her to stay on my team for me to make director because otherwise I need to get a brand new one signed and qualified. Granted I still need plenty of recruits to make director but I don't want to lose what I've already got. I'm hoping she sticks to it even if getting a PT job on top of FT and school!!

I guess I'm just looking for any tips to keep her going and motivated. She did drop her Mon/Wed class so she may be able to come to next cluster meeting so I'm hoping that will help. She did come to Jan 5th meeting and used a tip there to get a lot of her Feb bookings at her Jan shows. Sorry for the long rant.

First, I suggest you do a mindset check. There was a lot of "I" in your post, as in "I need to keep her." I completely understand where you're coming from. We all think about building and maintaining our team. But to help her, you need to think about her, not you. She needs to make $6,000 to pay for her wedding. How can you help her to reach that goal? Help keep her focused on the # of shows she needs to do each month. Work with her to break down the goal. $6,000 by August so basically 4 months to go. That's $1,500/month, which seems a lot more achievable than the whole $6,000. How many shows a month will it take to earn that based on her show average? How can she increase her show average so that it takes fewer shows to reach that? Can she recruit so she gets overrides?

If she is your first recruit, I suggest you work with your Director who should be able to provide you with assistance or have your recruit work directly with your Director.

Congratulations on your second recruit signing! That's great news and I'm sure it's a relief to have another team member on board. It's also great that you were able to convince her to give it a try and I'm sure she'll do well with the support and guidance from you.As for your current team member and friend, it sounds like she's been doing well in the past few months and has some potential for future shows. It's understandable that she may be feeling overwhelmed with wedding expenses and considering getting a part-time job. However, it's important to remind her of the benefits of being a part of your team and the potential for earning extra income through Pampered Chef.One tip to keep her motivated is to offer her some incentives for reaching certain goals or targets. For example, if she reaches a certain sales or booking goal, offer her a free product or a discount on her next order. This can help keep her motivated and excited about the business.Also, make sure to keep in touch with her regularly and offer support and guidance when needed. Encourage her to attend meetings and trainings, as these can be great sources of motivation and inspiration. Maybe even consider setting up a mentorship program with one of your more experienced team members to help guide and support her.Lastly, remind her of the bigger picture and the potential for growth and success in the future. Reassure her that with hard work and determination, she can reach her goals and have a successful business with Pampered Chef.I wish you the best of luck with your team and reaching your director goals! Keep up the great work and remember to always support and motivate your team members.

What is "Yay but Maybe Nay! Sorry Long!"?

"Yay but Maybe Nay! Sorry Long!" is a phrase often used to express mixed feelings or uncertainty about something.

Where did "Yay but Maybe Nay! Sorry Long!" originate from?

The origin of this phrase is unknown, but it is commonly used in casual conversations and social media posts.

How is "Yay but Maybe Nay! Sorry Long!" typically used?

This phrase is often used as a lighthearted way to express indecision or conflicting emotions about a situation or decision.

Can "Yay but Maybe Nay! Sorry Long!" be used in a negative context?

Yes, it can be used in a negative context to express disappointment or frustration with a situation.

Is there a proper way to spell "Yay but Maybe Nay! Sorry Long!"?

There is no official spelling for this phrase, but it is commonly written as "Yay but Maybe Nay! Sorry Long!" or "Yay, but maybe nay! Sorry long!"

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KarenMarie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
thehaleykitchen
  • otisbg