• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Successful Recruiters...chime In!

In summary, Sheila's advice is to keep asking people until you get a yes, attend a seminar, or book more shows.
I used to be one of the top recruiters in my exec's line. Now I can't recruit to save my life! So I thought I'd ask...what are you who are having success doing, both at your shows and in following up? All I keep hearing is "I'm too busy." Gonna take that "Responding to Objections" class today, but figured I'd ask for some feedback from anyone who's doing well with this.

I don't ask. I suggest. When I meet people in public or at a booth & they are talking about how big of a fan they are, I tell them the best way to get lots of items off their wish list is to host a show ... or ... if they are super addicted to the product like ME, they might want to consider looking at the business opportunity. At shows, I go over both sides of the booking & recruiting slide & then do the full service checkout. When I'm checking them out, I lay my hand on a stack of recruiting info and ask them if they were interested in taking home some information to learn more about doing what I do. Some say YES! ;)

I started off 2010 with 3 in my downline and was a new Team Leader. I ended 2010 with 42 in my downline and being "paid as" an Advanced Director in December, officially taking the title Jan 1. One of the team members promoted on Jan 1 to Director and another one promoted on Feb 1 to Director. We've also added more recruits to the teams since the beginning of this year. I started today with 50 people on the team, but got an e-mail tonight from #51 who said she finished the application. I'm just waiting to see her pop up on Consultant's Corner. :D

It can all change super fast! So hang in there & just keep presenting the opportunity. It's a numbers game. Ask enough people and you will start to hear some YES answers. ;)

Awesome advice Sheila. I love your words!!!!

Great timing for this discussion since there is a 50% rebate offer on the kit for March. I have recruited 10 in 5 years....never made Director and now it looks like I will be down to a Consultant soon :cry: Would also love to hear from other successful recruiters.

Also their input on getting the new recruit to reach the $1250 goal within their first 30 days would be extremely helpful to me.

And yes...suggest rather than ask! I used to do that back when I was a recruiting magnet. I forgot!

what would a suggetion instead of asking sound like?

pkd09 said:
Great timing for this discussion since there is a 50% rebate offer on the kit for March. I have recruited 10 in 5 years....never made Director and now it looks like I will be down to a Consultant soon :cry: Would also love to hear from other successful recruiters.

Also their input on getting the new recruit to reach the $1250 goal within their first 30 days would be extremely helpful to me.[/QUOTE]

I heard on a training call once to ask when they would have time to do some training next week. Wait for the answer....great we'll do your grand opening that day! It works! Plus, they get started right away and you can help them get bookings off the grand opening. I think with all the incentives right now, why wouldn't they? 1,250 in 30 days = $200 PC bucks, 90 free website, (assuming 2 shows) Free bag, 1/2 price back on kit, discount on conference + their pay check.

As far as promoting--just keep recruiting. For a long time I was just 1 from promoting and then one day it happened. So far I've been able to keep the status. You can do it! Book more shows. More shows = more contacts = more recruits.

Sheila always has good words. It is about providing the opportunity to as many people as possible. If 1 out of 10 asked will say yes, then you need to ask at least 10 people to get a yes. But I am a Go-For-No kind of girl, so really you need to get 9 nos before you get that yes. If you have only asked 3 people, you need to ask 6 more before you will get the yes. Just keep asking. If they say the are too busy (or whatever. I like to ask, what is it about my business that intrigues you? This way they cannot immediately say they are too busy or not a cook or whatever their objection is. If someone says they are too busy, then I tell them about how I started and I only did 2 parties a month. If they are not a cook, I say, well obvious you love the products, are you willing to learn a few simple recipes? Just ask the next question to be sure it is really a no.

Last edited:
Sheila did an excellent job with explaining everything. Certainly helped me a bunch! I too am a Go-For-The-No kind of gal. Listening helps so much also after suggesting, that was a huge issue for me, I wasn't a throw up on everybody person (close though) LOL. So I have learned to zip my lip after I suggest so that I listen intently to what they are saying before I respond next. I have a line 4 deep LOL but I don't know if they will ever be active again and that's okay, it's their business. I would be thrilled if something happened to me like what has happened to Sheila!

tinaglotzbach said:
what would a suggetion instead of asking sound like?

When I'm already in a conversation with someone out at a booth or in public, I approach the "asking" in a very different fashion. If they are already commenting on how much they love the product, how much they already have in their collection, etc. I just flat out say something like "Well, you should consider hosting! It's a great way to get lots of items off your wish list. BUT (pointing at my own head), if you are addicted to the product like MEEEEEE, you might consider becoming a consultant to support your addiction!!!" ;) (I'm very animated when I do this. I completely take the "SIGN HERE" pushy attitude out of the equation). If they respond in a positive way, I'll then ask if they would like to take home some information to learn more about doing what I do. I don't carry the contracts with me and have never had anyone sign on the spot. I encourage them to go home, talk it over with their spouse (especially if they have children - since the spouse will be helping with childcare while they are doing their show) and then I follow up in a couple of days asking if they had a chance to review the material and ask "what did you think?" I then hush & wait for them to respond. I only answer the questions that they ask. I don't bombard them with too much information all at once. If they decide they want to sign, I tell them how to go to my web page & do it. I've never done it for them. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you Sheila for explaining all of this, it is excellent!

You're welcome! :D

I have had SO many people take home info. Never have had anyone sign yet. And I have always done exactly what Shiela has done. What am I doing wrong?

Laura4 said:
I have had SO many people take home info. Never have had anyone sign yet. And I have always done exactly what Shiela has done. What am I doing wrong?

What are you doing when you follow up?

1. What qualities make a successful recruiter?

A successful recruiter needs to have excellent communication skills, be highly organized, have a strong understanding of the industry they are recruiting for, be able to build relationships with candidates and clients, and have a keen eye for identifying top talent.

2. How do successful recruiters stay up-to-date on industry trends and changes?

Successful recruiters stay informed by networking with other professionals in the industry, attending conferences and events, and constantly researching and reading about the latest trends and changes in their field.

3. What strategies do successful recruiters use to attract top talent?

Successful recruiters use a variety of strategies to attract top talent, such as utilizing social media and online job boards, creating a strong employer brand, offering competitive salaries and benefits, and actively seeking out passive candidates.

4. How do successful recruiters handle difficult or challenging candidates?

Successful recruiters handle difficult candidates by remaining professional and maintaining open and honest communication. They also try to understand the candidate's perspective and address any concerns or issues in a timely and respectful manner.

5. What sets successful recruiters apart from others in their field?

Successful recruiters are highly skilled at building relationships and have a deep understanding of the industry they are recruiting for. They also have a strong network, stay up-to-date on industry trends, and are able to effectively sell job opportunities to top talent.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
loreo
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Debbieskk