• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soAggrivated Right Now..........

In summary, the conversation is about a terrible show where the one person who showed up is already planning to buy a starter kit for a direct sales company, despite having no intention to actually sell the products. The conversation also discusses how some consultants may resort to unethical tactics to maintain their status in the company.
pcsharon1
Gold Member
Just had a really terrible show. The ONE person who showed up already has a show booked with someone else next week. The worst part? Before I knew that she was talking about loving to cook and entertain and have people over, etc. So I asked her about becoming a consultants. Absolutely not! She has no desire to do anything like this. So then later on, after I find out she is having a show in a week or so, she is telling the host how she plans to buy the starter kit because it's over $400 in products and only costs $155. So I said "I thought you didn't want to do anything like this" and she tells me..................

The girl who is doing my show told me I could get it and just never do anything. That after six months I would be dropped and then I would have to buy another one if I ever did decide I want to actually sell.

I'm furious! Really! For who does that do anything? The recruit is basically planning to steal the kit and the recruiter is telling her to do it. She won't get anything out of it and she'll be losing sales because she won't even get paid for it. And in the end, it's just going to make the opportunity more expensive because PC is losing money on kits that are never used. Someone tell me why anyone would promote this. I told her that she would be signing a consultant contract (I always use contract instead of agreement if I am worried they may be considering this) stating that she was purchasing the kit in order to sell product and she is required to do $1250 in sales. She said "Oh, she didn't tell me I had to do anything, even after I asked".

Can anyone explain why a consultant would willingly promote this - and no, she is not a friend of the customer.

Unfortunately, TL & above need 1 recruit in the last 4 months as part of their requirements to get Home Office Leads. So if the girl is desperate for a recruit, she might be doing that to maintain her HO Leads.

I encountered another Director who did that. :( Only the Director did the sales, submitting the $150 each month for the recruits to keep her title. The recruits got the kit at a discounted rate, the paychecks & the changeover boxes even though they were doing nothing with their business. Last time I checked was about 6 months ago & one of her recruits was still active under her with that method. She did a LOT of shady things with her business and her shows.

Unfortunately, there are people out there who will try their best to bend the rules. Hopefully the guest at your show will actually READ the contract before she signs it & realize that what you are saying is correct & what the other consultant is telling her is not correct. ;)

Sheila said:
Unfortunately, TL & above need 1 recruit in the last 4 months as part of their requirements to get Home Office Leads. So if the girl is desperate for a recruit, she might be doing that to maintain her HO Leads.

I encountered another Director who did that. :( Only the Director did the sales, submitting the $150 each month for the recruits to keep her title. The recruits got the kit at a discounted rate, the paychecks & the changeover boxes even though they were doing nothing with their business. Last time I checked was about 6 months ago & one of her recruits was still active under her with that method. She did a LOT of shady things with her business and her shows.
Unfortunately, there are people out there who will try their best to bend the rules. Hopefully the guest at your show will actually READ the contract before she signs it & realize that what you are saying is correct & what the other consultant is telling her is not correct. ;)
I know a director exactly like this! She even used her son-in-law's social security number to sign him up since her daughter couldn't sign up for some reason. Yes there are some people out there who will do anything to keep a title/status in the company. Do you know the other consultant? Do you know their director?

As long as HO doesn't do ANYTHING about helping us with Kitnappers this will never change. One of my pet peeves.

wadesgirl said:
I know a director exactly like this! She even used her son-in-law's social security number to sign him up since her daughter couldn't sign up for some reason. Yes there are some people out there who will do anything to keep a title/status in the company. Do you know the other consultant? Do you know their director?

:OOOO Wow. Now that is shocking!!!

I wouldn't have ever thought about signing someone just to keep my leads...that's just crazy! I did loose my leads once b/c of $14 in sales!! That is a mistake I won't ever make again. If you are working your business and consistently promoting the opportunity you shouldn't ever need to have a "kit napper" just to keep your leads. I hope the recruiter realizes that she isn't really helping anyone with that method and changes her ways.

pcsharon1 said:
And in the end, it's just going to make the opportunity more expensive because PC is losing money on kits that are never used.

I agree that this practice is unethical; however, I doubt TPC is losing money on unused kits. Considering the commissions structure, host rewards structure, etc., they are not selling those kits below cost.

Yes but my issue is that I recruit them and am expected to do all the director training stuff and they don't do anything---I spend $$ on training stuff, along with my time....get nada.

1. Why am I so aggrivated right now?

Feeling aggrivated can be caused by a variety of reasons, such as stress, lack of sleep, or a particular situation that is frustrating. It's important to identify the root cause and find ways to manage or address it.

2. How can I calm down when I'm feeling so aggrivated?

Taking deep breaths, going for a walk, or talking to a trusted friend can help to calm down when feeling aggrivated. Engaging in a calming activity like yoga or meditation can also be beneficial.

3. Can certain foods or drinks make me feel more aggrivated?

Yes, certain foods and drinks can contribute to feelings of agitation and irritability. Foods high in sugar and caffeine can increase energy and heart rate, leading to a sense of agitation. It's important to maintain a balanced and healthy diet to promote overall well-being.

4. How can I prevent getting aggrivated in the first place?

Practicing self-care, setting boundaries, and managing stress levels can help prevent feelings of agitation. It's also important to address and process emotions in a healthy way to avoid buildup and potential outbursts of anger or frustration.

5. When should I seek professional help for feeling aggrivated?

If feelings of agitation are impacting daily life and relationships, it may be beneficial to seek professional help. A therapist or counselor can provide valuable tools and strategies to manage and cope with aggrivation in a healthy way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Tara B
  • pamperedlinda