• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Sales with Catalog Shows - Tips & Advice for Shy Sellers

In summary, the conversation is about a shy individual who is interested in joining Pampered Chef and starting with catalog shows. The speaker expresses gratitude for past letters to send to catalog hosts and asks for any other advice to help the individual. Suggestions are given, such as watching videos and attending shows, and it is noted that it may be difficult to build a sustainable business with only catalog shows. Personal experiences of overcoming shyness and host coaching are also shared. Overall, the conversation highlights the importance of finding comfort and confidence in the products and suggests trying a cooking show as well.
Darcy Sharpe
Gold Member
I have someone who is very interested in joining, however she is very shy. She would like to only do catalog shows to start. I have been seaching the files and founds some wonderful letters to send to catalog host-Thank you to those who have written them. I am looking for any other type of help that I can give her. I hope in time she will do cooking shows. The show I met her at was her 1st time attending a show and seeing the products, but she does know that she would like to sell it. In time I am sure she will be willing to get up and talk in front of people- she is taking a public speaking course in college. Any words of advice for her are welcomed.
Thanks

If she really want to succeed, I'd have her watch the videos on CC of different types of shows. Attend other shows as a "helper" and learn a little more to help learn how to do live shows. I think it would be VERY hard to build a sustainable business with only catalog shows.

Great idea, I will share my old DVD's with her as she is not yet a consultant, and I do plan on having her come to my next show in her area. Thanks

Fully interactive shows would be perfect for her! The guests get up & make the recipe(s) which means that she just flutters around & answers questions without the "performance" part of it. She doesn't have to worry about doing the demo with everyone watching her. ;)

I was very shy too when I joined the Pampered Chef. In fact my husband was the one who push me to try the business. He told me it will be a good opportunity to start talking in front of people. English is my second lenguage and when I get nervous, I forget how to talk in english...lol! :D

I was very afraind to do shows, but I started with my family and my closests friends. I didn't have an open house, but I think it will be a good starting point for your recruit. Another thing that will really help her is if you can go with her to her first two shows or at least to her open house. She can even go with you to one of your shows.

At my cluster meeting we used to have the Cook, Book and Look meetings and those were very helpfull to me.

She can have Catalog Shows only, but I will recommend to her to do at least one cooking show just to try it - this could be her open house. And like Sheila says...have her do the interactive shows.

Catalog shows are fine - if she wants to ease into cooking shows, she can do it at her pace. She never has to do a live show, ever - it's her business, her way. Of course, she will sell more if she gets the products into people's hands, but I wouldn't push the live show too hard if her mind is set.

My advice to her would be to set a firm ending date with people. I'm doing a catty show now to get the pink HWC products and have told everyone it's closing Feb 27th. For those that do order, they need to have an idea of when their orders will arrive! Folks who are on the fence have a deadline.

And if she can't get enough orders to total $150, it's the same as if it were a cooking show with low sales. She'd still need to figure out whether to cancel it, or submit as individual orders.

Also, some host coaching still needs to happen if she is going to make follow-up calls. Such as, her catalog hosts getting a contact phone number or email.

As someone who is extremely extremely shy, I could never do any other business. The thing that gets me comfortable and gets me talking at shows is my love for the products. The reason I decided to try Pampered Chef is cooking is my "thing", and the whole show is centered around preparing the recipe. Now that I have done dozens of shows, I am comfortable in front of people. Its really amazing that it has helped me become less shy and more confident even in my life outside of Pchef.

NewbyPChef said:
As someone who is extremely extremely shy, I could never do any other business. The thing that gets me comfortable and gets me talking at shows is my love for the products. The reason I decided to try Pampered Chef is cooking is my "thing", and the whole show is centered around preparing the recipe. Now that I have done dozens of shows, I am comfortable in front of people. Its really amazing that it has helped me become less shy and more confident even in my life outside of Pchef.

Thank you for sharing this. I was always afraid of talking in front of people cuz my brain works so fast and my mouth can't keep up! LOL. It is amazing how we can actually come out of our shells when we are stretched a little in the right places!

Thank you for all of your input. It is very helpful. We are still talking about the business, she is 1 hour away from me, however I do have 2 shows booked in her town that she can come to with me. I will share your success stories with her.

Thanks again for all of your input. She has joined my team, we are doing a "get to know your Kit" show in 2 weeks and she has 2 cooking shows booked as well as her catalog shows! I know she will do well.:chef:

Yeah! That is great! Congratulations to both of you!

Congratulations!!! :D

But am I reading that right? You guys are waiting 2 weeks to get her started? If so, she's loosing valuable time! She needs to get started ASAP to maximize her 30/90 day bonus potential. ;)

Just wanted to give an update. Tina did a "get to know my Tools" show 2 weeks after she signed on, then she attended a show that I did. She was 4 days ahead of schedule and qualified with $1,369.40. 1 show and 5 catalog shows. She is going to do well! She is also working on growing her team!

Darcy would you be willing to share the letters for Catalog hosts?

Cosmo said:
Darcy would you be willing to share the letters for Catalog hosts?

you can probably find anything she's referring to in Files section. Just put catalog in the search box and you should be able to find them.

What does "Catalog Shows Only" mean?

"Catalog Shows Only" refers to a type of sales event where products are only displayed through a catalog, rather than physically available for purchase at the event.

How does a "Catalog Shows Only" event work?

During a "Catalog Shows Only" event, customers can browse through a catalog of products and place orders for items they are interested in. The orders are then submitted to the company or distributor, who will fulfill the orders and ship the products to the customers.

Why would a company choose to have a "Catalog Shows Only" event?

A company may choose to have a "Catalog Shows Only" event for a variety of reasons. It could be a cost-effective way to showcase a large number of products without the expense of setting up a physical store. It may also be a way to reach a larger audience, as customers can place orders from anywhere without needing to attend a physical event.

Are there any limitations to a "Catalog Shows Only" event?

One limitation of a "Catalog Shows Only" event is that customers are not able to physically touch or try out the products before purchasing. This may be a disadvantage for certain types of products, such as clothing or electronics. Additionally, customers may have to wait for their orders to be shipped, which could result in longer wait times compared to purchasing directly at a physical store.

Can customers purchase products immediately at a "Catalog Shows Only" event?

No, customers cannot purchase products immediately at a "Catalog Shows Only" event. Instead, they must place orders for the products they are interested in and wait for the orders to be fulfilled and shipped. However, some companies may offer on-site ordering and pickup options at the event for certain items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • newlywedcook