• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruit Follow-Up: Should I Call Again? Tips for Navigating the Signing Process

In summary, the original PC person who enticed the recruit at a show never followed through on the opportunity, leaving the recruit without a support system. After later seeing this person accomplish a jewelry-level success at Nat.Conference, the recruit's wife jumps down his throat, but it is actually the husband who was not the recruit who was the original PC person.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
I have a recruit that I met back in January ~ she came to our cluster meeting on Feb. 1st.

Told me on the way home that she is going to sign just later in the month (doesn't want to miss out on the cookware). She went on vacation last week, my director talked to her Sunday night because she was going to watch a cooking show with her on Wednesday as I don't have a show until the end of the month. She couldn't make the cooking show but told my director that she was going to sign this week.

She still has not signed up and I am wondering if I should call her again or give her a few more days. I don't want to bug her too much but I would love for her to sign! And what do I say to her? All of her questions have been answered and its just the matter of signing up at this point.

Thanks,
Karen

YES, call her!!! You are doing your job by calling her. Make it about her. "Hi X, just wanted to check in with you. When are we going to schedule your grand opening and get your signed. I can't wait to help you earn that cookware you wanted for FREEEEEEEEEE!!!"

I called her and got her answering machine. At least she will know that I am trying to stay in touch and that I am here if she has more questions!Thanks,
Karen

Why not host a show of your own at your home that she could watch? That way you can also invite others to take advantage of the DCB set sale and sign on bonus!

Call her either way.

I have a huge sign on my wall that my director wrote when I was complaining that no one calls me back. It says:

It's not their job to call you.
It's your job to call them.

It's been there for 11 years. Last year when I remodeled my office I rewrote it and had it framed...so now it looks nice as it tells me to pick up the phone and do my job:)

Chefgirl2 said:
I have a huge sign on my wall that my director wrote when I was complaining that no one calls me back. It says:

It's not their job to call you.
It's your job to call them.

It's been there for 11 years. Last year when I remodeled my office I rewrote it and had it framed...so now it looks nice as it tells me to pick up the phone and do my job:)

I'm totally stealing this idea and going to put it up in my office tonight when I get home!

Thanks for saying that you're going to steal my tip. Really! It motivated me send it to my downline...so they'll know that calling again is part of their job:)

Please call her. AND
Send her an email. AND
Leave her a voicemail message. AND
Send her a text. AND
Facebook her. AND
Send her a postcard.All - friendly, all - informative. She may be $10 shy of the 150 or 80 she needs to start. She may have a husband who doesn't believe in direct sales, or a boyfriend who swiped $40 she had set aside to do this. She may have a mom/neighbor/coworker who told her a bad story about "one of those shows". You are the professional, you know what is correct. Be her professional. Be her recruiter. She needs you right now!A handwritten note is the tool Doris Christopher used again and again to build her business. If after trying all the above you still have no contact back from her, start a second week of contacts apologizing for taking so long to get back to her. If after that still no response, then start a 3rd round saying "I'm feeling a little like a stalker here, but I need you to tell me what level of support to give you." Don't do this until you have (a) been pleasant and polite using multiple means of contact, (b) apologized for not contacting her sooner and giving her a new recipe/product tip/incentive flyer via multiple means of contact, and contacted her in handwritten form at least twice.I ended up as a home office lead because the original PC person who enticed me at a show, never followed through on the opportunity. I truly tried 3 different ways to reach her--including an email through the HO lead system directly to her, and she never responded. Later seeing this person accomplish a jewelry-level success at Nat.Conference, I congratulated her, and she jumped down my throat b/c my wife had her new phone number in her contacts. BUTMy wife was not the recruit, I was. She didn't keep in touch with me!Please follow up with her - via every means possible.

I'm with all the great advice you got above. I like the way Scott describes it. You are pretty much just reminding her you are available. It lets her know you will be available AFTER she signs, too! friendly, light, professional--but available!Trust me, as someone who has had to hunt my recruiter down, keep in touch with her.

I did call her....left a message.Then later last night, my director called me cause she was going to bring my recruit with her to a show last night and while on the phone to with me to get my recruit's number, my recruit called her! And my recruit even said that she got my message but had been too busy to call me back. So, at least my director heard that I called her directly from her and just not me saying "Yep, I called...."My recruit had a great time with my Director last night at the show and she will sign in a matter of days! I do think she will be great at it!Karen

What should I do if she hasn't responded to my previous calls?

If she hasn't responded to your previous calls, it's best to wait a few days before trying again. If she still doesn't respond, it may be a sign that she's not interested. It's important to respect her boundaries and not continuously call her if she's not responding.

How long should I wait before calling her again?

It's generally recommended to wait at least 2-3 days before calling her again. This gives her enough time to respond if she's interested, and also shows that you're not overly eager or clingy. However, every situation is different and it's important to use your best judgement.

Is it okay to leave a voicemail if she doesn't answer?

Yes, it's perfectly acceptable to leave a voicemail if she doesn't answer your call. Keep your message brief and polite, and avoid putting pressure on her to respond. If she's interested, she will likely call you back.

Should I keep calling if she doesn't answer but doesn't explicitly say she's not interested?

If she doesn't answer but doesn't explicitly say she's not interested, it's best to give her some space and not continuously call her. It's possible that she's busy or not in a position to answer, and constantly calling her may come off as pushy or desperate. It's important to respect her boundaries and give her the opportunity to reach out to you if she's interested.

What if I'm not sure if I should call her again?

If you're not sure if you should call her again, it may be helpful to consider the context of your previous interactions. If you had a positive and engaging conversation, it's likely safe to call her again. However, if your interactions were awkward or she seemed uninterested, it may be best to wait for her to reach out to you or move on. Trust your instincts and don't force a call if you're not feeling confident about it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Mel92504
  • leslieprichett
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies