• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruits Want to Sign - No Babysitters - Looking for Solutions

the other. This way, they can work their schedules out together so one can help with the kids while the other is doing a show and then swap. However, if one signs as the consultant the other cannot do the shows. Additionally, you might want to consider having one friend act as a go-between and swap products with the sister who is babysitting so that both parties are getting something they want.
kllindsey
Hello everyone! I have two sisters who are both interested in signing up as consultants. They live in different cities and both have children. One is a military wife and her husband is currently overseas. The other has a husband that travels very frequently with his job.

I suggested that they consider signing together as a team and splitting commission. One goes to a Show while the other babysits and then swap duties.

Does anyone else have any recommendations? I'd really like to sign these ladies! Both are in areas with significant potential!

Thanks in advance!

Well, as a military wife with a four year old and a husband overseas I can just say she needs to find a sitter. It only takes one good dependable sitter to make a difference in her entire life. It took me months to find mine - in fact my husband come home from a year in Iraq next month and I've only had the sitter for the last four months - but now that I've found a good one I treasure her. Yes, she is a teenager but she has a mom nearby in case of an emergency and I don't ever leave him with her and go out of the city. Only twice has she had to cancel on me and both were very good reasons - and one of those times her mom brought her younger sister (still a teenager) over to fill in. I have so much more freedom and feel like I can actually book shows because she is dependable. I know that's not a huge help - but finding a sitter will be the key to her being successful.

kllindsey said:
Hello everyone! I have two sisters who are both interested in signing up as consultants. They live in different cities and both have children. One is a military wife and her husband is currently overseas. The other has a husband that travels very frequently with his job.

I suggested that they consider signing together as a team and splitting commission. One goes to a Show while the other babysits and then swap duties.

Does anyone else have any recommendations? I'd really like to sign these ladies! Both are in areas with significant potential!

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't have them sign together, I would sign one under the other. Then they could work their schedules out together so one could help with the kids while the other is doing a show and then switch. Technically if one signed as the consultant the other couldn't do the shows.

Or see if they have any friends that would be will to swap products for babysitting.

They really couldn't officially sign up as a team. Our liability insurnce only covers the one who is officially signed as a consultant. Imagine if the other went to do a show, and something happened? She would be personally liable for any damages, medical bills or whatever else may crop up.

I would also suggest the swapping of child care and shows, at least initially. If they're sisters, the children are cousins, and would proabably enjoy getting together more often. They could make an agreement that one does shows on Mondays and Tuesdays, the other on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

I do see some potential issues with that arrangement, though. One, I don't know how far apart they are, but you did say they are in different cities. It might be too much for each to drive to the other's house to watch the kids that frequently. Two, if one's business starts thriving while the other's doesn't, she may become bitter that she's always the sitter and never making money.

i have a consultant who only offers shows in her own home because of this problem. maybe that's something she could think about depending on the ages of her kiddos.

Sharon - how much are you paying your babysitter? Is it still worth it money-wise to do shows if you're paying a babysitter? I have paid a sitter twice and I still made money on the show, just not a ton.

I'm talking with a friend of mine about consulting. Same situation - her husband travels frequently for work and his schedule can change rather suddenly. My suggestion to her is to pay her neighbor in product for babysitting or to swap babysitting with the neighbor.

I'm eager to hear if others have suggestions to this common obstacle.

I have 4 boys, 9yrs down to 5 months and I had that problem. I only book shows on my husbands dayoff or my brithers day off. About 2 months ago I found the best sitter and even though it costs money it's well worth it to know I can schedules shows whenever I need to. It's a very freeing feeling....
Your sisters can sign up one under the other and then you'll advance and one of them will start as a senior consultant. Then maybe they can just switch off babysitting while the other has a show. If one starts getting more business maybe she could send a few shows her sisters way to keep things "fair".

Again, my sitter is young (15 1/2) and doesn't drive yet - I pick her up and take her to my house and her mom picks her up after the show. I pay her $3-4/hr. Even with set-up and staying to chat at some shows - even if I pay her $20 for a night then I am still making money on a show. And I am getting future bookings and business that I will be doing when my husband gets home and I don't need a sitter. Also, especially for the one with the deployed spouse and kids, even if she is only making a little money on each show because of paying the sitter she is getting SO MUCH MORE out of it. She will have future business after her spouse gets back, but for now she is getting out of the house, having adult conversations and making friends. This could very well save her sanity over the next year! I know that is one of the things I appreciate about my business.

As an overseas military wife, I can attest that it's super important to find mommy friends and trade sitter services!!! They can call in favors for show times and then watch the friend's child another time to give that Mommy some time off. ;)

Hubby's gone on a military thing right now, so I'm playing the single Mom role for a couple of weeks. Our friends are going snowboarding this weekend for his birthday, so I'll be a single Mom of my 2 and their 2 this weekend. LOL Luckily, their 2 are a bit older ... My son turns 2 in 2 more weeks, my daughter is 3 ... their son is 8 & their daughter is 10. When my hubby gets home, I'm planning a date night where the friends will watch our two!!! ;)

There are even online services where they can keep track of who's getting a fair deal. I used BabySitterExchange.com when I lived in Okinawa. My circle of friends created a private group where we could all trade out. You pay in points. So if Mom A watches 1 child for Mom B, she earns points for every 15 min's. Then if Mom B watches 2 children for Mom C for half the time, she earns back the same # of points. So the moms of 2, 3, etc have to pay more points than the moms of 1. But it's a fair trade. In the above scenario, Mom B used Mom A, then earned back her points by watching the children of Mom C. Mom A might use her points with Mom F. If you get too low on points, you have to volunteer to watch someone's kids to earn more points before you can schedule a sitter request again. It's GREAT! You post when you need a sitter & people who are available can volunteer. Then you pick which one you want to use for the time slot. So if one Mom lives in the same neighborhood & the other is a 15 min drive, you might opt for the one who's closer. ;)

pcsharon1 said:
Well, as a military wife with a four year old and a husband overseas I can just say she needs to find a sitter. It only takes one good dependable sitter to make a difference in her entire life. It took me months to find mine - in fact my husband come home from a year in Iraq next month and I've only had the sitter for the last four months - but now that I've found a good one I treasure her. Yes, she is a teenager but she has a mom nearby in case of an emergency and I don't ever leave him with her and go out of the city. Only twice has she had to cancel on me and both were very good reasons - and one of those times her mom brought her younger sister (still a teenager) over to fill in. I have so much more freedom and feel like I can actually book shows because she is dependable. I know that's not a huge help - but finding a sitter will be the key to her being successful.
AMEN!!!! My DH is always deployed it seems. She needs to find a good sitter she likes. As for sisters signing, a friend of mine just signed a gal who's sister signed under said friend's Director. They chose to do this because a.) they both get the same training b.) They don't feel like they are competing with one another c.) This way the only thing they know about the others business is what is shared by word of mouth (the one sister doesn't get reports on how well her sister is doing). Friendly competition is one thing but, at least for me, mixing family and $$ (business) is bad news.

I like the idea of one signing under the other...and there is a website out there called Sitter City..you can find people listed there, some with references, etc. and if they join and pay fee, they can request background checks on people, etc. I know several people who've used it (I use the girl next door so I haven't yet myself)You might want to check the site out first (you can search for free) to see what you think before recommending it.

Thank you all for your advice! I think I will discuss with them signing under each other and working this deal for a little while. Might also suggest hosting parties at their own homes until they can find reliable sitters! Thank you again!

What does it mean when a recruit says they want to sign with "No Babysitters"?

When a recruit mentions "No Babysitters" it means they do not want to be micromanaged or constantly monitored by their superiors. They want to be given autonomy and trust to handle their responsibilities without constant oversight.

Why do recruits look for solutions when considering signing?

Recruits want to ensure that their needs and concerns are addressed and that they will be provided with the resources and support needed for success. They want to feel confident that they are joining a team or organization that values their well-being and offers solutions to potential challenges.

What are some examples of solutions that recruits may be looking for?

Recruits may be looking for solutions in regards to training, advancement opportunities, work-life balance, diversity and inclusion, and support for personal and professional development. They may also seek solutions for any potential issues or concerns they have about the work environment or culture.

How can an organization address the "No Babysitters" mindset of recruits?

An organization can address this mindset by promoting a culture of trust, autonomy, and open communication. Providing clear expectations, offering opportunities for growth and development, and showing support for employees can also help alleviate the need for constant monitoring and create a sense of ownership and responsibility within recruits.

How can organizations showcase their solutions to potential recruits?

Organizations can showcase their solutions through their website, social media, and recruitment materials. They can also highlight their benefits and policies during the hiring process and provide testimonials from current employees. Additionally, conducting informational interviews and having a positive online presence can also attract recruits looking for solutions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • CookwithChristy
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jentapp
  • jwpamp