• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Someone on a Military Base?

In summary, she is living on a military base in Germany. She has an APO address, which means she is technically living in part of the United States. She can be recruited just like any other person living in this country. She needs to check with the base for their rules, but she should be fine.
deanna_g
So I have a question. I'm thinking about recruiting my MIL who lives in Germany on a Military Base. Can I do this? I didn't know if there was a rule about our recruits living in the same country as us?

If she lives on base, you can. She will only be able to sell to those on base. I'm sure Sheila or Shelby or someone can give more detailed information, though. :)

She has an APO address, so that means she lives on base, right?

deanna_g said:
She has an APO address, so that means she lives on base, right?

Right :)

Stupid minimum post length...

go for it... :)

I just sent her an email. She loves to socialize, cook, and has made tons of friends there. She lives by herself, so I think this would be a great way for her to enjoy some of her free time. (-:

APO address means she's technically living in part of the United States and can be recruited just like any other person living in this country. The only thing she needs to worry about is that some bases/countries have specific rules on imports, etc. Sheila can give you more info on that. She's posted a couple times on different threads about this, let me see if I can find one.

Thanks! So it looks like she'll have to check and see if she needs a license there and then she'll have to direct ship everyone's orders. Hopefully that's all the hoops she'll have to jump through. (-: Thanks!

Yup. Have her check with the base for their rules. She'll probably need approval (a license) through the base to do her business and she must follow the military rules & regulations as well as Germany's Customs Laws. She won't be able to sell to the locals since she does not pay import taxes, she'll be restricted to SOFA Status personnel only. And military personnel are not allowed to accept mail for others unless we are their official sponsor with orders in hand. So she needs to stick to the direct shipping only & not do ship to host or cash & carry if she wants to keep out of trouble. They can take away her ability to get mail, take away her business license, audit EVERYTHING that comes through her mailbox for additional violations, her hubby can get into trouble with his command and (at their discretion) she can receive an ERD - Early Return of Dependents. Meaning the family looses command sponsorship & is returned to the US WITHOUT the military member. Depending on how "by the book" her Postmaster is will depend on how fast they will jump & take action. Some just warn you & then watch you. Some tackle offenses hard the first time.

BUT, the one bonus to doing business on an overseas military base is that EVERYONE has at least one guaranteed income in the household. COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) helps too. Overseas Military can usually afford more luxuries than stateside military.

I only do shows on military payday weekends. The sales are higher. ;)

I agree - I ran my business while living in Germany and it was great! My show average was higher there than anywhere else. The women like to get together to socialize and this is just another outlet for them to do that.

Where is she at exactly? I would LOVE to go back.

1. How do I find potential recruits on a military base?

The best way to find potential recruits on a military base is to reach out to the base's recruiting office or personnel department. They will have information on current service members who are eligible or interested in joining a different branch or specialty within the military.

2. Can I recruit someone who is already in the military on a different base?

Yes, you can recruit someone who is already in the military on a different base. However, they will have to go through a process called inter-service transfer, which involves getting approval from both their current branch and the branch they want to transfer to.

3. Do I need permission to recruit on a military base?

Yes, you will need permission to recruit on a military base. The base commander or designated representative will need to approve your request and provide any necessary guidelines or restrictions for recruiting on their base.

4. Are there any special requirements for recruiting on a military base?

Yes, there may be special requirements for recruiting on a military base. These can vary depending on the base and branch of the military. Some common requirements may include obtaining a base access pass, following specific dress code guidelines, and adhering to designated recruiting areas.

5. Can I offer incentives or bonuses to recruits on a military base?

No, you cannot offer incentives or bonuses to recruits on a military base. The military has strict regulations against offering any type of incentive or bonus to individuals for enlisting. This ensures that all recruits are joining for the right reasons and not solely for personal gain.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cloudyade
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
hmolah
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • hunkiemunkie
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies