• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Recruit Who Just Wants Products for Herself?

Just found out she's a consultant with Mary Kay. Makes sense as for why she's willing to spend over $1k just for an incentive ;)Uck. This is just mucky. Her intent is to meet all of the requirements. I'm a bit shocked that someone wants to spend $1250 on products just for themself and not eBay. Have you done the math to see if it's really worth it for her to buy the kit and all of that product to qualify? Costs - mini kit, $1250 of comm. sales, time (it always has a cost) to learn enough to put the orders in P3. Benefits - free products from hosting that "show"(s), value of kit products above the cost
ShelbyMichalek
I did a small annoucement to a few potentials with the news that accidentally leaked yesterday (I didn't know it was still confidential!)

I have one that wants to take advantage of it, however she doesn't want to work the business.
Basically she wants to buy the mini kit, submit one show (all purchased by her!) with $1250 in commissionable sales and get the free product from the promotion. She doesn't intend on working the business beyond that.

Now yes, techinally this is a real recruit for me. She'd qualify at least - but she wouldn't stay active. That bothers me a little bit.
It benefits me how -
I'd be paid as a TL for like, one month IF that.
I'd get the points for the trip.
I'd get a little bit of extra overrides for just one month.
I'd get a recruit for the recruiting promotion.

What bothers me most is that she wouldn't really be an active member of my team unless she changed her mind. I want my business to grOW, I love the recruiting promotions - but I'd love a team even more!

Not sure what to do. I won't dissuade her from signing under me since techincally her intent is NOT to be a kitnapper, but I don't like it really.

EDIT

HA! Just found out she's a consultant with Mary Kay. Makes sense as for why she's willing to spend over $1k just for an incentive ;)

Last edited:
Uck. This is just mucky. Her intent is to meet all of the requirements. I'm a bit shocked that someone wants to spend $1250 on products just for themself and not eBay. Have you done the math to see if it's really worth it for her to buy the kit and all of that product to qualify? Costs - mini kit, $1250 of comm. sales, time (it always has a cost) to learn enough to put the orders in P3. Benefits - free products from hosting that "show"(s), value of kit products above the cost, commission, PC dollars earned by qualifying. Might it be better for her to just be an awesome host? Cuz otherwise all of the benefits to YOU sure are good if she signs. Would she end up signing with someone else if you told her you don't want to help her?

Becca_in_MD said:
Uck. This is just mucky. Her intent is to meet all of the requirements. I'm a bit shocked that someone wants to spend $1250 on products just for themself and not eBay. Have you done the math to see if it's really worth it for her to buy the kit and all of that product to qualify? Costs - mini kit, $1250 of comm. sales, time (it always has a cost) to learn enough to put the orders in P3. Benefits - free products from hosting that "show"(s), value of kit products above the cost, commission, PC dollars earned by qualifying. Might it be better for her to just be an awesome host? Cuz otherwise all of the benefits to YOU sure are good if she signs. Would she end up signing with someone else if you told her you don't want to help her?

Well the costs vs. the benefits are good. Over $2.5 k in products for just over half that amount. That includes the kit, the products she'd buy to "qualify", the PC dollars, and the incentive PLUS about $400 in commission (call it her "rebate").

Would she sign with someone else, I don't know. It's possible she'd just go to the main PC site. If she does decide to do it, of course I'd love the recruit. But like you said, the whole thing is just mucky.

Shoot! If you don't want her send her my way!! She isn't breaking any rules technically and she is being honest about her intentions right away. you won't have to hunt her down to try to train her. Recruit her and keep going!! You team will still grow. She's just a bonus that will count as 1 of your need recruits for the incentive trip...not to mention the points!!

I say "recruit her." She just may be so impressed with our business plan that she will decide to continue.

Go For it Shelby! When I signed, I did not plan to do much BUT when I got on Consultant's Corner and saw all Pampered Chef had for me...I was sooo stoked! Decided to do more than a couple of shows here and there! You NEVER know what will be the trigger! Let her do it....see what happens!

I totally signed for the kit products, and the carrot being dangled at the time. I had NO intention of doing any more than necessary to fulfill my contract. At that time, it was 6 shows.

HA! I tell that at my shows now, and say "it's probably obvious to you that I've done more than 6 shows in the last 8 years, so I have to tell you that in the process of doing those 6 shows, I fell in love with my job, and here I am 8 years later with a fabulous career that I absolutely love!"

I think there are a lot of us who are surprised by how much we love this once we start! Encourage her to just do a couple shows to help herself qualify - who knows where that might take her!

I had someone sign to do that - of course, she didn't tell me that and I would have prefered that she had. Why try to hunt down and train a missing consultant who had no intention of doing anything from the start. I have no problem with someone who meets the requirements and then quits. It's the ones who don't ever qualify that I have a problem with. Look at it as giving you an extra month to find a replacement for her on your team.

Yup, I'd sign her! You never know if she'll decide to stick with it and grow her business! Talk to her about the fact that she can possibly do one or two shows and still reach that $1250 - then she has given it a try, and she can walk away with all she has gained and choose to stick with it or not!

I have a lady that signed up in '06 under me. She said she used to sell. People just kept asking her to host a show. So, she decided to sign up & be the consultant for the shows. She was one my first if not my first recruit. She lives an hour away. She wasn't interested in going to meetings. She qualified. Then I don't hear anything from her but she reads my monthly newsletter I send. Then 2 years later signs again & qualifies. Then 2 months ago she signs again & qualifies. Why not? (I just wish she'd qualify in the 1st 30 days.)

Yup sign her or send her my way! :) You never know what will happen!

Well, she said she's still thinking on it. So I guess maybe I'll encourage her to sign and let her know that after she qualifies what she does after that is her choice.

Cover the new consultant rewards and how much she could earn in commission and New Consultant Rewards by collecting sales vs buying it herself. And Kit Enhancement in April and her 4th full month. Plus 20% off year 'round ...Why would she want to buy her $1,250 when she could come out better by letting others do it and just collecting the rewards, free stuff, and higher discount??? ;)

I haven't recurited YET!!! But this promition for recuriting has got me really wanting to talk to people about the business!!! I would have her sign if anything it helps you grow your team slowing but you still recuirted!!!!

By the way this is my second time selling PC the first go around was nto the right time for me. This time I have worked my business constinantly and it has paid off!!!

I joined to get a kit! I'm still here, many shows later!

I agree it isn't up to you to decide. Don't prejudge her she might be your shining star.

Sheila said:
Cover the new consultant rewards and how much she could earn in commission and New Consultant Rewards by collecting sales vs buying it herself. And Kit Enhancement in April and her 4th full month. Plus 20% off year 'round ...

Why would she want to buy her $1,250 when she could come out better by letting others do it and just collecting the rewards, free stuff, and higher discount??? ;)

Make sure she knows that in order to use her PC$ and KE, she has to be active. That may be the push she needs. If she's willing to buy $1250 in products just to get a pan, she might be incented to stay active for more carrots.

I would sign her, when you hear some of the stories at conference from the top sellers in PC, you will often her, I just signed up for the kit, I NEVER planned on selling or even doing a show! You never know.

I tend to agree...sign her. After she obliviously wants the products. She is obviously going to use the products. Therefore she is going to talk about the products. It's a natural progression.

sign her! I have so many that have signed "just for the kit" and then they fall in love with the business. Not up for me to decide how she wants to run her business

I agree sign her up... you never know...

I do plan on carrying through with her like any other recruit. After talking with Sheila and reading your responses that I've decided it's more than possible to get her to try out the business for real. And if she only does enough to qualify - then I'm out NOTHING.

Hey girl, I just tried to call you & got vm. ;)

Sheila said:
Hey girl, I just tried to call you & got vm. ;)

OOPs! It's on silent - forgot to change it after the meeting. I'll call you back, or if you see this, you can call me.

I say sign her. Do a "grand opening" show for/with her and get a few bookings for her. If she chooses to quit, you take the shows. If she keeps going, you've got yourself a new consultant.

denise603879 said:
I say sign her. Do a "grand opening" show for/with her and get a few bookings for her. If she chooses to quit, you take the shows. If she keeps going, you've got yourself a new consultant.

She's not local to me :) She intends on not doing a show at all, I'm hoping to convince her to do a catalog show and try to get the orders without spending $$ herself.

how did your recruit turn out?

I joined to get the kit and am still here 7 years later. You can never prejudge. Who knows what they could end up doing. I had a recruit that I thought was going to be just a kit buyer, and last month she led our entire team in sales! I say sign her...or send her my way ;-)

What are the benefits of becoming a consultant if I only want to use the products for myself?

As a consultant, you will have access to exclusive discounts on all products. You will also have the opportunity to earn free products through our rewards program. Additionally, you will receive first-hand knowledge about our new products and have the chance to attend exclusive consultant events.

Do I have to meet a sales quota if I only want to purchase products for myself?

No, there are no sales quotas for consultants who only want to purchase products for personal use. You are free to purchase as much or as little as you like without any pressure to meet a certain sales goal.

Can I still receive the consultant discount if I only want to buy products for myself occasionally?

Yes, as long as you are an active consultant, you will receive the consultant discount on all your purchases, regardless of the frequency. There is no minimum purchase requirement for consultants.

What is the cost to become a consultant if I only want to use the products for myself?

The initial cost to become a consultant is $109, which includes your starter kit with over $450 worth of products and business supplies. There are no additional fees or costs to stay active as a consultant.

Can I still receive the consultant rewards and incentives if I only want to purchase products for myself?

Yes, all consultants are eligible for our rewards and incentives program, regardless of their sales volume. This means you can earn free products and other perks just by being an active consultant, even if you only purchase products for personal use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • msmileyface