• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant Kit Questions: Seeking Answers

In summary, the person is looking for clarification on what happens if they do not meet the $1250 requirement in their kit agreement. They are told that if they do not have this amount of sales, they will miss out on PC Dollar promotions, but if they keep submitting sales every month, they will be accepted.
MPascoe
I couldnt really find the answer in the consultant policy guide, so hoping someone can answer here.

I have someone who is interested in signing up, but wanted to know if they could lose their kit if they dont meet certain requirements. Or if after being active for 6 months and decide to dissolve their contract would the kit be theirs? Or is it based on a certain # of shows and not months. lol I hope this makes sense.

Thanks so much for your help!

Once they get the kit, it's theirs. if they decided to do nothing once they sign, it's still theirs.. but we have a name for those people... "Kit Nappers"

in exchange for getting all those products for an amazing price, they agree to do $1250 in commissionable sales. once they meet that requirement, the kit is theirs and if they choose not to pursue pampered chef, it's all good. now we don't have "pc police" that will come and take their kit if they don't meet those requirements, but i would never tell a recruit that. when they sign up it clearly says that the contract is for them to do at least $1250. i hope that makes sense. =)

thanks so much. I will let them know that they need to reach 1250 in sales then its their choice if they continue or not. :)

This is the precise reason I will NOT sign anyone up until they book a MINIMUM of 4 shows in their first 30 days. that will really tell you who is serious and who wants to kitnap. If they are unwilling to "work" to book shows and build a biz before they sign up they sure as heck won't when they receive the kit.

Can you tell I got tired of kitnappers? lol

I always tell people that ask that question that I am not sure what Pampered Chef would do, because I have never had anyone not meet the 1250 requirement. I also say that I would take the responsibility of taking their kit back and returning it to Pampered Chef if they were unable to meet the requirement in their agreement!
I have had 28 career recruits and have never had a kit napper! So I guess this works!!

I knew I wouldn't have to give my kit back, and I still was a "good" consultant, lol. If I had done what Liquid Sky suggested, I wouldn't have a PC business right now (and I sold $3000 last month!) No one was willing to have a show with me until I took the plunge and bought the kit. I did ask. No one was willing. Six months or so later I just went for it anyway. I'm glad I did!

I have an interested party who has been burned by another direct sales company. She asked what happens if you don't meet the $1250. I asked my director. The answer, "Nothing." If you don't have $1250 in sales, you miss out on the PC dollars promotions, but if you keep submitting sales every month, PC will accept them. (assuming you don't go 6 months)

She is looking at hobby level as she works full-time. She likes the products and wants to be able to buy them at great prices and make a little money. Will she ever become a director or AD? Probably not, but I am a hobby to part-time consultant. I did NOT have 4 shows in my first 30 days. It was not feasible for me. I just keep plugging away. My personal goal is to remain active every month. If I go one month, I don't sweat it, but I refuse to lose career sales and make sure that does not happen. It works for me. If that makes me happy, why can't that make someone else happy too?

I realize if she signs I will temporarily be promoted to Team Leader. Why temporarily? Because my monthlty sales are not consistently $750 or better. That's life. When I have the sales and am ready, I will be able to maintain TL because I will have the groundwork in place.

I have at least 14-15 years before I can retire from my current job and put more effort into PC. I am building my business base so that I am ready for a larger more active role when I am ready.

Thank you so much to everyone who has responded. This has been very helpful for myself as a new consultant and I feel more comfortable explaining the stipulations with the recruit. Thank you again!!

Liquid Sky said:
This is the precise reason I will NOT sign anyone up until they book a MINIMUM of 4 shows in their first 30 days. that will really tell you who is serious and who wants to kitnap. If they are unwilling to "work" to book shows and build a biz before they sign up they sure as heck won't when they receive

When I signed, I only had 2 shows on the books, mine and a co-worker at work...no one else.

I've built my business off those 2 shows and ended up with 500 in pc $ the first 90 days and my business has grown every year since.

This year I'm going to Toronto - Yeah! if i'd have been asked to have a minimum of 4 shows before signing, i wouldn't be selling today.

I wouldn't have signed either. Heck I was worried about getting the $1,250. LOL I signed for the discount, not to be super active or to recruit. My goals changed, her's could too. ;)

Yes, I understand there are those that started out slowly and built up, but it's not the norm. The majority fizzle when they can't get the momentum up to have a surviving biz.

We all run our businesses differently, and once I changed how I signed people up I have seen a MASSIVE increase in productivity and retention, and every one of them has been qualifying.

Plus, I do this to help them have massive success from the beginning. Once they are in the air, they can choose if they want to kick it up even more...or tone it down to 2 shows a month.

All I know is that it's working beautifully and I will not change it for the world. lol :chef:

Sooo....what happens if they never make a single sale?

Jessica T said:
Sooo....what happens if they never make a single sale?

You'll disappoint the person whom you signed under, and you'll have to live knowing you did not fulfill the promise you made.

1. What is included in the consultant kit?

The consultant kit includes a variety of high-quality kitchen tools and products, business supplies, and training materials to help you get started as a Pampered Chef consultant. Some items you can expect to find in the kit include our top-selling products, catalogs, order forms, and a consultant manual.

2. How much does the consultant kit cost?

The cost of the consultant kit varies depending on the current promotion and the country you are located in. However, the typical cost is around $99-$159. Keep an eye out for special deals and discounts offered by Pampered Chef.

3. Can I customize my consultant kit?

Yes, you can customize your consultant kit by selecting the products you would like to include in your kit. This allows you to tailor your kit to your personal preferences and the needs of your customers. You can also add additional products to your kit at a discounted price.

4. Do I need to purchase a consultant kit to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, purchasing a consultant kit is a requirement to become a Pampered Chef consultant. The kit provides you with the necessary tools and materials to start your business and be successful. It also gives you access to discounted products and training resources.

5. How long does it take to receive the consultant kit?

The consultant kit is typically shipped within 2-3 business days after your enrollment is processed. Depending on your location, it may take an additional 5-7 business days for the kit to arrive. You will receive a tracking number to monitor the status of your kit's delivery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • kdangel518
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ceciliagrantham
  • pamperedgirl3