• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Considering Being a Pampered Chef Consultant Need Help

In summary, many of us work full time and are just doing a little pocket change with our PC businesses. We love being able to do what we want with our schedules. We don't feel bad about not being good at selling because we love the products. We suggest that you start with friends and family and slowly work your way out to complete strangers. Buying the full kit is a great way to have everything you need on hand. If you're new, we recommend that you push yourself to do more parties.
LTC
Hi ladies,
I am considering being a PC consultant but worried because I am not good at selling. I love cooking and I love PC products. I have a full time job so I am concerned about time committment. My goal would be to make a little pocket change and meet new people. Do you all really make new friends or just viewed at shows as a business person? Any advice or questions that I should ask of myself would be appreciated.

I have made several friends by doing PC. I dont go hang out with a bunch of them, but it has helped me make friends outside of selling PC. I was a really shy person. The best thing about PC is you can pick the hours you want. If you want to do 1 show a week then you can schedule around your work. I also feel that the products sell themselves and your guests also help sell the product.

Well, even though I'm not a lady, I'll still respond. I hope that's okay. ;)Many of us work full-time. If you're just doing a little pocket change, you can easily do just 1-2 shows a month..or more if you'd like. That's the fun of it.I haven't made any "friends" per se -- people that I hang out with on a regular basis. But I've made some acquaintances that have been very friendly.You're going to have to start with your own circle of friends/coworkers/family to get your business off the ground. Slowly, you will start to break outside of that circle and soon you'll have having shows with complete strangers and will have plenty of opportunity to meet new people.

I have made several friends as a result of PC, and like Jennie said, not necessarily directly from hosts or customers.

Don't worry about the selling part. If you love the products, it will show, and you will have access to TONS of resources to hone your wording.

Many people work full time while doing their PC business. Busy people are the best at balancing their schedules. ;)

So Sorry! I should have said hi ladies and gents!
Also, I own a lot of PC products. Would I have to buy a kit?

LTC said:
So Sorry! I should have said hi ladies and gents!
Also, I own a lot of PC products. Would I have to buy a kit?

Yes, you do have to buy a kit. You have the option to buy the mini kit if you have many of the products in the full sized kit, but I would encourage you to buy the full kit anyway. You'll have the ability to keep your kit packed at all times instead of rummaging through the kitchen looking for products before your shows (like I do). You'll also get more business materials.

If you do go for the mini kit, you will also have the chance to earn PC dollars in your first 90 days that you can then use to add products to your kit. In your fourth month you can take advantage of kit enhancment at 40% off. You'll also be able to purchase a Business Booster pack of business materials for a discounted price.

You do have to purchase a kit but there is an $80 kit that sounds like it would be perfect for you. It has all the paperwork needed to hold at least 6 shows and the computer program is included too. I've been with PC a long time and the friendships I have made are wonderful. Keep asking questions!!

I don't consider myself really good at selling per se, but I feel very strongly about PC products and cooking, so what I try and emphasize at the few shows I've done is how the products make life easier and learning new things. Until I got that grill pan/press, I'd never "grilled" indoors. Who knew I could have 4 chicken breasts done in 10 minutes!!I joined a month ago, had a great first month and need to push myself to move a little out of my normal comfort zone to get more parties booked. I have 2 for November and a holiday booth I'm doing for 3 days in December. This is a part time thing for me, as I also work full time, but I wanted a hobby and it's nice that this hobby can earn me some money ;)

Hi, I'm new too. I don't feel like I am good at selling, and in fact I failed miserably at another direct sales thing years ago.But like you, I love PC products. I wanted just a little pocket change, too. I love that I do as much as I want. I can have one or two parties a month, but it is so easy to put more on my calendar. Each time I have a party, 2 or 3 people want to have a party, too. But the best part is that I am having a load of fun. Lots of other people can give you the benefit of their experience. What made me decide is I felt like there was nothing to lose. I got more products (not as many duplicates as I expected) and lost of business supplies in my kit, I more than paid for it in my first month (I havent finished my second month yet). Someone the other day asked me--"are you still doing that kitchen stuff? How long are you going to do it?" My answer was, as long as it's fun. Truthfully, I am having a good time. There are moments I'm not crazy about, but I get to go have a good time, play with kitchen stuff, and then I get paid for it!If you do it, give it a good try. Really put some effort into it for 3 months. At the end, you'll have commission, products, and enough information to decide if you want to continue.Whatever you decide, I wish you the best!

sounds like you have gotten lots of good answers......
to answer your question about being a business person or a friend, I would have to say it just depends on the group. I try to have a relationship with my hostesses. Sometimes their friends are snotty, most of the time they're not. I have hostesses that I have become friends with. I have made lots of friendly acquaintances.

As you know, PC sells itself so you don't really have to be a "sales person". I didn't see any mention of another consultant that you may have been working with to recruit you. I'm not sure where you are located, but I would be glad to be your recruiter, unless of course you have already been working with someone. Hospitality is most likely available in the area where you live.
As they say here on CS - just ask, so I am stepping out of my comfort zone and doing just that :)

To sell PC all you have to have is a passion for the products!!! The products really do sell themselves like everyone else said. It's the passion that comes through to make the guest feel like they need that product because it helped you out so much.

I've made many friends with PC. Some other PC consultants are now my best friends and some of my hosts and guests are good friend too because of this business!

I also work full time, it's pretty easy to balance the two. You just have to figure out your schedule and work around that for parties, calls, etc.

I've made lots of friends by meeting people at shows who ended up hosting! Several I'm sure will be long-term friends!!! Some even have little one in the same age range as my children, so we could do playdates! (The playdates were past tense, since the military just moved us to a new base. We are starting over again looking for new playdates!) LOL

And I don't really feel that I have to "sell" Pampered Chef. The product and the company's reputation do that for me. I just "share" my love of the product & allow the guests to share their love of the product.

minirottie said:
I don't consider myself really good at selling per se, but I feel very strongly about PC products and cooking, so what I try and emphasize at the few shows I've done is how the products make life easier and learning new things. Until I got that grill pan/press, I'd never "grilled" indoors. Who knew I could have 4 chicken breasts done in 10 minutes!!

I joined a month ago, had a great first month and need to push myself to move a little out of my normal comfort zone to get more parties booked. I have 2 for November and a holiday booth I'm doing for 3 days in December. This is a part time thing for me, as I also work full time, but I wanted a hobby and it's nice that this hobby can earn me some money ;)

AND ... Kelly says she's thinking about signing under you! WooHoo!!! You could start of early with a promotion too!!! :D

Thank you so much for all the responses. I am working with a PC consultant but I really wanted some other opinions and thoughts. Now I just have to talk with my family and see what they think.

Sheila said:
AND ... Kelly says she's thinking about signing under you! WooHoo!!! You could start of early with a promotion too!!! :D

Yeah...we almost closed it during the 30th anniversary special, but due to her being out of town and worrying about her car driving home, we didn't. If and when she's ready, so am I :D

LTC said:
Thank you so much for all the responses. I am working with a PC consultant but I really wanted some other opinions and thoughts. Now I just have to talk with my family and see what they think.

Welcome! I hope you do decide to join us! When I became a Consultant, I was much like you. Just wanted to get out of the house, meet people, have some fun, and, if I could make a little money doing it, too, well, why not?? :confused:

A Consultant once said, and I LOVE it, that, becoming a Consultant is a little like dating. You simply go out a few times, and, if you don't like it, you just "break up"! It's not a long-term commitment, like a marriage or anything, after all! But, it may lead to a strong commitment,too. You just won't know until you give it a try! :angel:

You asked about friendships. I have been a Consultant for almost 13 1/2 years now, and I have definitely made friends, but many of them have been, not only hosts and customers, but some of my very best friends are my Consultant "cluster buddies"!!! :balloon:
(Not to mention, some of the Home Office support staff are the nicest people you'll ever talk to!)

Best of luck to you! Hope you do decide to "take the plunge" into the PC Family!!;)

I encourage you to give it a try. I've made some wonderful friendships through PC. as has already been pointed out, there's no risk; you can do as much or as little as you like and stop if you decide it's not for you.

1. How much does it cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

There are two starter kit options for becoming a Pampered Chef consultant. The Mini Kit costs $99 and the Deluxe Kit costs $159. Both kits include products and supplies to help you get started with your business.

2. What are the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn income through sales commissions, host rewards, and team building bonuses. You also have access to exclusive training, discounts on products, and the support of a community of consultants.

3. How do I sell Pampered Chef products?

There are a few ways you can sell Pampered Chef products. You can host in-person or virtual parties, set up a booth at events, or share your personalized consultant website with friends and family. You can also take advantage of social media to reach a wider audience.

4. Do I need to have any cooking or sales experience to be a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not need any prior experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant. The company provides training and resources to help you learn about the products and sales techniques. Plus, you can always reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for support and guidance.

5. Can I still be a Pampered Chef consultant if I have a full-time job or other commitments?

Yes, you can absolutely be a Pampered Chef consultant while juggling other commitments. Being a consultant allows you to set your own schedule and work at your own pace. You can also take advantage of the flexibility to work from home or on the go. Many consultants find success by balancing their Pampered Chef business with other responsibilities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Love Lauren
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • janetupnorth
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • Mandyleighanne