• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Objection... Uneasy Going Into People's Homes (Strangers)

In summary, the guest feels uncomfortable about going to the host's home for future shows. However, if the host is strong at host coaching, the guest will not feel like a stranger by the time they go to the host's home.
jennyl
I haven't heard this objection before... any thoughts on responding to this one? An interested friend/past host said ,
"Sounds like a good deal, but I just cant get passed the fact that I'd be a little uneasy about going into people's (that I didn't know) houses all the time for parties. I don't think its for me...."

I can mention doing catalog shows, and shows with friends/family, or "out" somewhere like when our team does Bingo (or something like a mega show)... any other thoughts?

I came across this objection one time. One thing I told them is that their first shows are with their friends, then the next shows are with friends of their friends. So they gradually get the hang of things and gradually can build up their comfort level.

If they are strong at host coaching they won't feel like they are strangers by the time they get to their home.

I'm having my first complete stranger show on the 12th of November. I did a vendor fair in November and she booked a show off of me there. I've talked to her/emailed her so much that I don't feel like she's a stranger now at all and I definitely won't feel uncomfortable going to her house. LOL.

It does get easier as you go along in the business. I use to have anxiety attacks doing anything out of the ordinary (like going to people's house I didn't know) and I no longer have that problem due to PC!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet...I did my first stranger show from a lead last night although I had spoke with her on the phone I felt as if I knew her when I went in. I also brought a new recuit with me to see how I do my shows...the host had 16 people there and her show is not closed yet and she is sitting at $930 for guest sales...several outside orders as well to come....don't be shy....sometimes the people you don't know may be your best friends and your best customers....Just like starting a new school or a new job...Best of luck!

It does get easier. Plus, I usually am going into the home of someone who is known by someone I know. I can't remember ever feeling uncomfortable in a situation I've been in with PC.

jessinthekitchen said:
If they are strong at host coaching they won't feel like they are strangers by the time they get to their home.

I'm having my first complete stranger show on the 12th of November. I did a vendor fair in November and she booked a show off of me there. I've talked to her/emailed her so much that I don't feel like she's a stranger now at all and I definitely won't feel uncomfortable going to her house. LOL.

This is exactly what I was going to say!!!!!! I actually get a little sad when I close shows lately b/c I so much enjoy host coaching and getting to know my hostesses. I know it isn't the end, I just won't be talking to them multiple times a week for a while.

1. How can I feel comfortable going into a stranger's home?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that going into someone's home can be nerve-wracking. To ease your concerns, we recommend reaching out to the host beforehand and asking for more information about the location and who will be present. You can also bring a friend or coworker with you for added comfort. It's also important to trust your instincts and to always put your safety first.

2. What should I do if I feel unsafe in someone's home?

If at any point during the appointment you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, please remove yourself from the situation immediately. You can also reach out to your team leader or customer service for support and guidance. Your safety is our top priority.

3. Can I bring my own products to use during the appointment?

Yes, you are welcome to bring your own products to use during the appointment. However, we recommend using Pampered Chef products to showcase their quality and effectiveness to the customer. Plus, it also helps with consistency and familiarity for the host and guests.

4. How can I build trust with the host and their guests during the appointment?

Building trust with the host and their guests is crucial for a successful appointment. One way to do this is by being transparent and honest about the products and their benefits. You can also share your personal experiences and recommendations to show your genuine passion for the products. Additionally, providing excellent customer service and following up after the appointment can also help build trust and establish a long-term relationship with the host and their guests.

5. What should I do if the host or guests have objections about the products or the company?

It's common for people to have objections or concerns, and it's important to address them with empathy and understanding. Take the time to listen to their concerns and provide accurate information and resources to help alleviate their worries. If you are unsure of how to address a specific objection, you can always reach out to your team leader or customer service for guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • cincychef