• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Cross-Recruiting Is a No-No

She came up with a company that is known for being shady, and used it as an opportunity to bash all DSAs.
NooraK
Gold Member
Saw this posted on FB, quite interesting...

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2010/08/partylite_smackdown_so-called.php

Isn't that the company one of the top sellers from PC left for? Personally I wear little or no jewelry and with tough economy, I don't see it selling...

Don Funt and many others left for this. My director and her director left too. (There was NO recruiting of PC from those I know).The story points out that there will always be some non-ethical people "taking people to other companies". It's too bad, because it makes some companies look bad, because of the few who do it.

lockhartkitchen said:
Don Funt and many others left for this. My director and her director left too. (There was NO recruiting of PC from those I know).The story points out that there will always be some non-ethical people "taking people to other companies". It's too bad, because it makes some companies look bad, because of the few who do it.

Actually, That Jewelry Co. is well known for it's lack of ethics...which is why it isn't part of the DSA. I think this quote from the article says it well.

"Unlike PartyLite, Park Lane is not a member of the Direct Selling Association and does not assert that it complies with the DSA code of ethics ... In the past, Park Lane's recruiting practices have been legally challenged and have even resulted in findings of willful contempt of court for its violation of a federal court injunction."

Wow, that's really blatantly using your current company to start your next business. It's also incredibly dishonest to present contracts with that other company as "waivers." What a lack of integrity or class.

This article was so poorly written (where's Intrepid when you need her?), and its author's own intent seems too much to have been to place all DSAs in a poor light, I can't accept any of it as absolute truth. Reading the comments, one person who seems to have actually been at the barbecue states they were not "waivers," and that the contracts were only offered to anyone who expressed an interest in seeing them. Mary Grace seems to be either loathed or loved by those making comments, so it's hard to find the truth in the story, but, as one person mentioned, the article's author writes more like a gossip monger than a serious journalist.

I was more upset that she used the term "stay at home moms and weekend warriors" to refer to consultants. I personally know a lot of consultants who do not fall into this category. That makes me more mad than anything else that is in the article.

wadesgirl said:
I was more upset that she used the term "stay at home moms and weekend warriors" to refer to consultants. I personally know a lot of consultants who do not fall into this category. That makes me more mad than anything else that is in the article.

That part bothered me, too.

I don't think it's the best article, which is why it's not someting I would shre on my FB page with my non-DS contacts. They would take the negativity of the article as a reason why DS is not a good idea. But I thought my CS friends would find it interesting.

wadesgirl said:

I agree. Obviously, Sarah (the author of the article), did nothing more than a quick google search on direct sales companies for her "research" for this article.

What is cross-recruiting?

Cross-recruiting is the practice of recruiting employees from other companies within the same industry.

Why is cross-recruiting considered a no-no?

Cross-recruiting can create tension and competition between companies, and can damage relationships and trust within the industry. It can also lead to poaching of employees and trade secrets.

Is cross-recruiting illegal?

No, cross-recruiting is not illegal. However, it may violate non-compete agreements or confidentiality agreements that employees have signed with their current employers.

What are the consequences of cross-recruiting?

The consequences of cross-recruiting can include legal action, damaged relationships and reputations, and loss of trust and respect within the industry.

What can companies do to prevent cross-recruiting?

Companies can have clear policies and guidelines in place regarding recruitment and hiring practices, and can also foster a positive and respectful relationship with their competitors to discourage cross-recruiting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • funmom
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • kcmckay