• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Prospect With a New Baby Almost Here...

In summary, her recruiter started a little over a month after her due date, and was able to qualify for the fall products before her baby was born. She suggests that the new mom get started by practicing recipes in her own kitchen, contacting friends and family, and lining up shows 2-3 months out. If there is an emergency c-section, she will lose out on her bonuses.
TheNewMrsRue
I have a possible recruit who is "sold" on becoming a PC consultant but wants to wait until after her soon-to-be 1st child is born before she starts. Having 3 kids of my own & knowing how crazy it is going to be for her, is it wrong to try to encourage her to start now before the craziness begins? Not to mention she'd earn some of the fall products for free too....

She is about a month away from her due date & it's totally possible if she started she could qualify before the baby came. If it were you, how would you approach this?

Personally, I don't believe in pressuring recruits to sign at a time that they don't feel is right for them.While it might be totally possible to qualify before she has her baby, if her mind isn't in it, then her heart won't be either. And what if the baby came a week, or two weeks early?

I totally hear you, and I have no selfish motivations at all. Like I said, for her sake, I just think it'd be easier for her to start while she only had her & hubby to worry about ya know?

TheNewMrsRue said:
I totally hear you, and I have no selfish motivations at all. Like I said, for her sake, I just think it'd be easier for her to start while she only had her & hubby to worry about ya know?
that may be true, BUT...do you remember how you FELT in that last month of pregnancy?? uggh. :) and then the month after the baby was born. I think a newborn's mom sleeps as much as the newborn! LOL *I did!*What she COULD do now though is maybe practice recipes in her own kitchen...if she's got a few tools, work on them. She can work on her list of 100, start lining up shows for maybe 2-3 months from now, while she has time to get on the phone with minimal disruptions. She can let folks know she's planning on starting her business in XX month and is getting a jump start before the baby comes. Maybe you can loan her the training DVDs from our change-over kit, as well as the new consultant kit (Cooking In Action and the other one- can't remember the name of it.)I'm sure right now, her heart is in the anticipation of the new baby. If she's got the ground-work laid out for her business before the baby comes by lining up the shows, then she'll be less likely to change her mind after or put it off, and she'll be able to get the most "bang for her buck" by starting off strong for those PC $$ in her first 30-90 days. Just thinking out loud. :)

My recruiter actually started in her 8th month.

I believe during that month she got her business up and running, did a couple of catalog/family shows and had contacted friends and family to start booking 2-3 months out.

It gave her a great foundation and was up and running and doing several shows a month by 2-3 months after delivery.

I do remember, like I said I did it three times!! I also remember just waiting. And waiting. And waiting. She said she is bored with nothing to do...But I also don't want her to feel pressured,ya know?

I started when my daughter was 3 months old and continued through my pregnancy with my son. I didn't do cooking shows the 2 weeks before & 6 weeks after his birth (preeclampsia & recovering from a c-section), but stayed active with catalog shows. But I wasn't brand new in the business either, so I knew how to make it work & how to recover from the break. It will be more of a challenge for a newbie to start, stop & then start again. Plus she won't be able to maximize her 30/90 day bonuses that way. And what if she ends up having an emergency c-section? Then she'll really loose out on her 30/90 day bonus opportunities as she physically won't be able to carry the kit to a show for a full 6 weeks after the delivery. I would recommend that you let her do it on her own time schedule & not pressure her to start sooner than she wants to start. ;)

What products do you recommend for new parents?

For new parents, we recommend our Quick Cooker, Food Chopper, and Deluxe Cooking Blender. These products make meal preparation quick and easy, allowing parents to spend more time with their new baby.

Are there any kitchen gadgets specifically designed for parents with newborns?

Yes, we have the Baby Food Maker and Bottle Warmer, which are perfect for making homemade baby food and heating up bottles quickly and safely.

Do you have any tips for meal prepping for new parents?

Absolutely! We suggest using our Meal Prep Set, which includes containers and tools to help organize and prepare meals in advance. This will save time and reduce stress for new parents.

How can I make healthy meals for my family while also taking care of a newborn?

We have a variety of products that make healthy cooking easier, such as our Salad Chopper and Salad Spinner. These tools make preparing salads quick and efficient, perfect for busy parents.

Are there any recipes specifically tailored for new parents?

Yes, we have a collection of recipes on our website specifically designed for new parents. These recipes are quick, easy, and nutritious, perfect for busy families with a new baby.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • finley1991