• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried the 'Why Bag' yet? Share your experience with us!

In summary, the Why Bag is a great way to represent your why for doing PC. It is a way to get support from the team, and it is a way to connect with other attendees. The Trivet is a great addition to the bag because it can be used for many purposes, and the Dots Martini Glasses add a touch of fun. The fall 2009 catalog is a great addition because it offers affordable prices and is a staple at PC shows. Finally, the index card box representing our eating out habit needs to be replaced, and new recipes should be created to help us eat in more.
Laura4
If so, what did you put in yours?

I'm going to try this at my show tomorrow.

I thought:

In the Help Whip Cancer Bag, because of our Dedication to Charity
The Trivet because of the same thing
The Dots Martini Glasses in the Glassware Carrier (a double whammy b/c both were promotional items I earned for turning in shows);)
A fall 2009 catalog b/c our prices remain pretty close in price, and are sturdy and you can count on the favorites being there year to year (i.e. stoneware)
An empty index card box representing the fact that we eat out too much and that needs to be replaced with some new recipes to make us eat in more.

I'd like to work in something with a wonderful team that I can count on to give me support, but I've never actually met them. They're just always "there" when I need them. :p I talk to them all the time online. They are a HOOT and I love them!! But my director is about an hour and 15-30 minutes north of me, so I don't get up there.

At our training meeting this week one of the older consultants (not that she is old, but has been a consultant for 12 or so years) did a demo using Aprons. She had a green Apron for money, a hawaiian print one for earning the trip, a HWC one..... etc. She would talk about them and then say "Who wants to go to Hawaii" and that person would wear that apron. She said all of the show guests wear the aprons. I thought it was great and i may have to try it.

I love the Why Bag --

rubber band -- flexibility
pay stub/fake money -- $$ to be made
passport holder or some representation of a trip
toy skillet -- like to cook
picture of my family -- this is why I do it
sometimes a large bra -- I get lots of support !! ;)

Laura4 said:
If so, what did you put in yours?

I'm going to try this at my show tomorrow.

I thought:

In the Help Whip Cancer Bag, because of our Dedication to Charity
The Trivet because of the same thing
The Dots Martini Glasses in the Glassware Carrier (a double whammy b/c both were promotional items I earned for turning in shows);)
A fall 2009 catalog b/c our prices remain pretty close in price, and are sturdy and you can count on the favorites being there year to year (i.e. stoneware)
An empty index card box representing the fact that we eat out too much and that needs to be replaced with some new recipes to make us eat in more.

I'd like to work in something with a wonderful team that I can count on to give me support, but I've never actually met them. They're just always "there" when I need them. :p I talk to them all the time online. They are a HOOT and I love them!! But my director is about an hour and 15-30 minutes north of me, so I don't get up there.

You're why bag sounds more like the 'why you should join PC' rather than why you do PC. Is that the direction you are going in? If so - very interesting twist! I've always read and heard from people their why bag is why they personally do PC - its' their 'story in picture' form.

Nice idea to spin it ni a different way. :)

I have done the Why bag but have found better success with the timed three minute ticket questions. They Why bag is fun but the tickets answer alot of questions that everyone is thinking.

Melissa78 said:
You're why bag sounds more like the 'why you should join PC' rather than why you do PC. Is that the direction you are going in? If so - very interesting twist! I've always read and heard from people their why bag is why they personally do PC - its' their 'story in picture' form.

Nice idea to spin it ni a different way. :)

I dunno. I guess it kind of went that route. LOL!!!

I thought also of sticking in my receipt of the rebate from the kit rebate from when I earned my 30 days back and got my kit for $75. About "setting goals and earning them".

I'm just newly qualified.. but at my first show I held up a photo of my motorcycle as my "why" boy did THAT get attention! I love the why bag. I'm going to build one this weekend :)

I'm thinking of trying this at my shows too. I saw it done this weekend at conference in Canada and I thought it was a great idea.
So far for mine I have:
a toy car = a car payment
spa brochure = my monthly pampering
pictures of my kids = family
trip picture (although I havent earned one....yet ;)
rubber band = flexibility of the business
recognition postcards/letters = recognition you receive
monopoly money = paycheque
bra = support you receive

still trying to come up with a few more to add.

I just started doing the Why Bag ever since NC and I got 1 recruit lead at each show! That had not happened before. It makes teling "my story" much more fun! My bag has:

a toy van - needing money for a new van was my reason for starting w/PC
a baby doll - I want to stay with my kids during the day and go away at night
play money - because I earn money for ..... (my laptop, dishwasher, new dog, vet bills....)
dollhouse bed - I no longer lay in bed at night worrying about how I am going to pay the bills, need more money, I book more shows
rubber band - job is very flexible and has a great boss - ME!
Help WHIP Cancer bag - I put the items in this bag because I can share about the generosity that the company has with the 2 charities

My guests have enjoyed my sharing of the Why bag and I certainly plan on continuing to do it. I am very happy with my results so far!

Good Luck!

Can someone explain how this works please :)

I am going to use a box of Pasta in my bag! one of the many reasons I joined pampered chef was I was in a food rut and everytime it came to cooking dinner my fall back was always pasta, now I have expanded my meal plan with all the new recipes and cool products! :)

I'm working through the "why" bag right now.. I plan on debuting it this weekend. Since I don't know the "right" way to use it, this is what I plan on doing with it and what I want to put in it.

In the new stemware tote bag:
Rubber Band (flexibilty)
photo of my Harley (why I started)
ROFTH trivet (committment to community)
"PC" Dollars - ($200 I earned my 1st 30days)
monopoly money - (paycheck!)
mini catalog - new fall products!
Mix&Chop - the product I fell in love with
quik cut knife (hostess prices are always "cut")
compact mirror (you! the guests - have fun and maybe someone needs the $$ too)
The bag itself is the stuff you earn from TPC.

Now I want to pass the bag and have everyone take one thing out. Then each of them gets to give a reason why it might be important to a guest, a host or a consultant. and I help out of course.

oh.. and the person who picked the knife gets to keep it :))

I love the bra idea.. but it just won't fit in the bag! any other smallish ideas for "support" would be very welcome!

DeannaK1022 said:
I love the bra idea.. but it just won't fit in the bag! any other smallish ideas for "support" would be very welcome!

a jock strap? :D lol

flybygrace said:
a jock strap? :D lol

Trying desperately not to make a "small" joke :)

My why bag is why I love Pampered Chef

Picture of my son - spend more time with him...turning 13
back of picture - my husband (pic of Mr. Incredible)

Lei I received in Chicago - talk about all expense paid vacations that consultants can earn. Going to Maui!

baggie with bandaids - insurance is available to consultants

gold glitter rubber ball - flexible biz

baggie with play money, cut up credit card - real paycheck twice a month - I offer to share what I have made.

light up clapping hand - recognition, awards, incentives

I keep it short, then go into my look at the biz catalog wrap up.

My director warned me to not keep it too long and only have 5-6 items so as to not lose their attention.

When does everyone debut their "why bags" ? With your story at the beginning?

1. What is the "Why Bag" and how does it work?

The "Why Bag" is a product from Pampered Chef that helps you organize and plan your meals for the week. It comes with a reusable bag and meal planning notepad, as well as recipe cards and grocery list pads. You can use the notepad to plan your meals, jot down ingredients you need, and then take the bag with you to the grocery store to make shopping easier.

2. Can I use my own recipes with the "Why Bag"?

Absolutely! The "Why Bag" comes with blank recipe cards so you can write down your own favorite recipes and include them in your meal planning. You can also use the blank grocery list pads to write down any ingredients you need for your own recipes.

3. Are the recipe cards and grocery list pads replaceable?

Yes, you can purchase refill packs of recipe cards and grocery list pads for the "Why Bag" if you run out or want to use it for multiple weeks. They are available on our website or through your Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Can the "Why Bag" be used for more than one week of meal planning?

Yes, the "Why Bag" is designed to be reusable and can be used for multiple weeks of meal planning. However, we do recommend cleaning out the bag and notepad between uses to keep it organized and efficient.

5. Is the "Why Bag" dishwasher safe?

The reusable bag and notepad are not dishwasher safe. We recommend wiping them down with a damp cloth to clean. The recipe cards and grocery list pads are not designed for multiple uses, so they can be discarded after use if they become dirty.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferlynne
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gratergirl
  • chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • janetupnorth