• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help With Possible New Recruit!

In summary, the man called the business owner asking to be a consultant and it sounds like it would be a great opportunity. However, the business owner is hesitant because she does not think it is possible for him to make the $3,000 a month he is looking for. He is open to talking more about the possibilities and how he can make it happen.
emiscookin
Hey everyone,

I had a guy call me the other day saying he saw my flyer in the Wal-mart break room (Yeah! This Wal-mart actually let me put one up in their break room!!) and said he was interested in the business!! I couldn't believe it! :D I was excited, but then I got really nervous!

He told me he wants to try and support a family of 6 children, which means he would need to make $3,000 a month. Umm...that's A LOT of shows!!! :eek: Is it even possible to make that much when you don't live in a huge city like we do? But that's not my main question. ;)

I was wondering if any of you have a word document that has Questions and Answers about starting up with The Pampered Chef? If so, PLEASE link that on here for me to have! I would SO appreciate it! I'm gonna meet with him on Monday and told him I would like to bring my Director along because she has SO much more experience than me and would be able to answer his questions better. But...she's having a difficult time right now and I'm not sure if she can come with me. :( That's why I would love a Q&A sheet to bring along.

Thanks!

Yeah, he told me he's looking to make $3000 a month and I am like...uhh...I don't think that's possible. :confused:
Unless you're Jean Jonas or something!!
That's $12000 in sales he would have to make a month and...I find that impossible!

It's not impossible, but doing it just in sales would take a lot of work. I would talk to him more about the potential in building a team. Play with some of the numbers yourself, and work out some scenarios of how he might reach that goal when he promotes to director. He needs to know though that it may not happen in just one month. He can get to that level quickly if he's really willing to work hard.

And it's not at all impossible to sell $10-12K per month consistently, I know a couple of local directors who are at or near that level.

The good money like that is definitely in building a team! One of the Directors who lead one of the workshops I was in at conference (Bookings Abound I think) said that she copies her pay stubs and puts them in her show folders...she showed her latest - $3700. She's a Director. Not an Advanced, or Senior, or Exec. A Director!! Yes, it's possible!!!

Hey if it's his full time job, there should not be a problem. I live in a very small community and have a full time job with the government. I've made $2,700.00 commission from 8 shows. Tell him ladies like to buy from guys so he could be good at it and bring in the money. If he ever wants to PM me I can talk with him.

And if he's working more shows per week, he'll get there faster too. Just think about Michael Reeves, and David Meenan! These guys do shows full-time. I'd show him what you know about the business, and explain the potential and how others accomplish it. Maybe say how there are alot of consultants who start their business and work up to the higher income levels. He can start out slow and work it around his other job (Walmart?)- making a little extra money along the way. As he gets more shows, he can obviously take it where it leads.Don't discourage him. :) Just show him what you know and help him go from there. See where the conversation takes you.

Em, it is possible, but I like the fact you didn't lead him into thinking it would be EASY. That's one of the (many) things I like about PC - no big promises you can be a millionaire overnight.Go to Consultant's Corner, and under the Downloads tab click on the Join Us Booklet (under Promoting Your Business). If you scroll down to the very bottom of the page, you might want to print out the Potential Recruit Information Form, as well.If your Director can't join you physically, can she get on a call with the two of you once you're together?

I agree, you make more each month with a team! I've only done 1 cooking show & 2 catalog shows this month - Commissionable sale are at $2,189.04 ($188 is Home Office Leads - $2,001.04 is my sales). Because I'm a Director now making $10 activity bonus on each consultant in my down line and 3% off their sales, my paycheck is currently at $901.21. Imagine if I actually did the 3-2-1 plan and WORKED my business more! ;)If he's willing to still "work" 5 days a week with PC shows vs. 5 days a week at Wal-Mart, he could very well achieve his goals. :D

mountainmama74 said:
The good money like that is definitely in building a team! One of the Directors who lead one of the workshops I was in at conference (Bookings Abound I think) said that she copies her pay stubs and puts them in her show folders...she showed her latest - $3700. She's a Director. Not an Advanced, or Senior, or Exec. A Director!!

Yes, it's possible!!!

I was just wondering who the Director was that spoke at NC? My director spoke there and she does this. I do it now too. I can remembver going to her shows before I signed and looking at her checks with amazement. It is very possible. I made $1400 a few months back as a TL with 2 active lines. IT just depends on what you sell and your team. I am looking forward to those big checks very soon.

What qualifications should I look for in a potential recruit?

It depends on the specific job role and responsibilities, but generally, you should look for relevant education, experience, skills, and a good attitude.

How can I attract top talent for the open position?

You can post the job on various job boards, reach out to your professional network, offer competitive salary and benefits, and showcase your company's culture and values.

What questions should I ask during the interview?

Ask questions that assess the candidate's qualifications, experience, problem-solving skills, and cultural fit. Also, ask situational and behavioral questions to understand how they handle different scenarios.

How can I ensure a fair and unbiased recruitment process?

You can implement blind hiring techniques, use structured interviews, and have a diverse hiring panel. Make sure to also review and eliminate any discriminatory language in job postings and interview questions.

What are some red flags to watch out for during the recruitment process?

Some red flags include candidates showing up late for interviews, inconsistencies in their resume or answers, and negative or unprofessional behavior. It's also important to trust your gut and listen to any concerns raised by other team members involved in the process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • emiscookin
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
emiscookin
  • mrslulu2012