• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Kit vs. Full Kit: Choosing the Right PC Setup

In summary, the full kit is better if you can afford it, but the mini kit has all the same materials.
MSweeten
I have quite a few smaller PC items... but am debating which kit I should consider. Is there anything I would really miss from the bigger kit?

thanks so much!!

If you can afford the full kit, and don't already have most of the items included in it, I highly suggest getting that. To me, the mini kit is really more for people whose kitchens are already stocked with Pampered Chef tools. If you follow your Director's lead, and the advice and suggestions you find here on Chef Success, you'll make you're money back easily.

Key things that are in the full kit that i see are:
saute pan
food chopper
forged cutlery knife
prep bowls

If you can swing the big kit, I suggest getting it. It is a better bang for your buck. BUT if the mini-kit is what you can do right now, go for it! You'll earn PC$$ in your first 90 days that you can use to fill in the loose things not included in the mini.

Good luck and congratulations on your decision to be a Pampered Chef Consultant!

If you can afford it, get the full kit. It comes with more catalogs, too.

Yep, what everyone else said. Also, the full kit also comes with a larger tote. If you have any duplicate products, you can always use them as gifts or give-aways in the future, or keep them as extras for your kitchen. One for the kitchen and the other to stay in your kit for the parties. ;)

DebbieJ said:
If you can afford it, get the full kit. It comes with more catalogs, too.

Actually, the mini kit has the same # of catalogs in it.

I would definitely agree that the regular kit is the way to go if you can. There is slightly more paperwork in it (a binder and a calendar and a few more things) but the big thing is the products: $570 value for $115 to $155 vs $150 value for $80. Even if you have the items you can often use a second or use them as gifts!

Here's what each kit includes:

Mini Kit
Paperwork Checklist
 1 Getting Started Checklist (this sheet)
 1 Succeed with Us! Getting Started Workbook
 1 Getting Started Training DVD
 1 PamperedPartner® Plus CD-ROM
 6 Host Packets, each including:
1 Cooking Show Planning Guide
1 Catalog
1 Discover Us! Opportunity Brochure
40 Postcard Invitations
 1 Achieve with Us! New Consultant Rewards Brochure
 1 Charter Host Gift Flyer
 8 Show Presentation Cards
 20 Discover Us! Opportunity Brochures
 1 Join Us! Recruiting Booklet
 3 Independent Consultant Agreements
 1 Business Building Supply Package and
Sample Product Order Form
 50 Product Catalogs
 50 Sales Receipts
 1 Pad of 100 Drawing Slips
 1 Season’s Best™ Recipe Collection
Product Checklist
 1001 Bar Board
 1059 Color Coated Santoku Knife
 1105 Microplane® Adjustable Grater
 1302 Pizza Cutter
 1445 Large Bar Pan
 1659 Small Mix ‘N Scraper®
 2230 Classic Batter Bowl
 2236 Mini Measure-All® Cup
 2258 Adjustable Measuring Spoons (set of two)
 2576 Garlic Press
 Consultant Apron
 Carry-All Tote

New Consultant Kit:
Paperwork Checklist
 1 Getting Started Checklist (this sheet)
 1 Binder, Including:
Succeed with Us! Getting Started Workbook
Getting Started Training DVD
Cooking Shows in Action DVD
Your Life, Your Way Opportunity DVD
PamperedPartner® Plus CD-ROM
 6 Host Packets, each including:
1 Cooking Show Planning Guide
1 Catalog
1 Discover Us! Opportunity Brochure
40 Postcard Invitations
 Business Materials Packet
1 Achieve with Us! New Consultant Rewards Brochure
1 Charter Host Gift Flyer
10 Show Presentation Cards
20 Discover Us! Opportunity Brochures
5 Join Us! Recruiting Booklets
3 Independent Consultant Agreements
1 Business-Building Supply Package and
Sample Product Order Form
 50 Product Catalogs
 50 Sales Receipts
 1 Pad of 100 Drawing Slips
 1 Season’s Best™ Recipe Collection
 1 Consultant Booking Calendar
Product Checklist
 1012 Cutting Board
 1052 Forged Cutlery – 5" Utility
 1087 Ultimate Mandoline
 1105 Microplane® Adjustable Grater
 1302 Pizza Cutter
 1445 Large Bar Pan
 1587 Stackable Cooling Rack
 1590 Mini-Tart Shaper
 1606 Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan
 1659 Small Mix ’N Scraper®
 1755 Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush
 1910 Simple Additions® Small Square Bowls (set of two)
 1946 Small Bowl Caddy
 2183 Easy Read Measuring Cup (sample 2-cup)
 2225 Measure-All® Cup
 2258 Adjustable Measuring Spoons (set of two)
 2230 Classic Batter Bowl
 2234 1-cup Prep Bowl Set (sample of two)
 2344 Chef’s Tools – Slotted Turner
 2475 Stainless Whisk
 2576 Garlic Press
 2585 Food Chopper
 2622 Mini-Serving Spatula
 2863 Executive 8" Sauté Pan
 Consultant Apron
 New Consultant Tote

For the price the full kit is so worth it!!! Even if you have duplicate products my best suggestion is to always have your kit packed at all times. Mine is always in my car, I don't have to worry about where my products are or having to pack my kit and forget something before I leave.

Thanks... I was leaning towards the larger kit... and this pretty much confirms it. I am attending a cluster meeting on Tuesday so am sure I will get plenty of feedback then as well!

Thanks so much. I must admit I was tempted by the smaller kit, but I am so excited to have a list of what I will get each one. Now I can start my wish list of the stuff not in the larger kit, that I still want...
Marghi

I bought the mini kit last year :( and I really wish I had bought the larger one. I have to say that this new one is better then the one I bought last year. The one thing that I really needed that didn't come with it was a cutting board. The bar board is not really big enough at a show. The paper work looks like its better now & I like that it comes with more products and now a tote!!

With the mini kit your missing the following paperwork and supplies: 1 Binder, Including:
Cooking Shows in Action DVD
Your Life, Your Way Opportunity DVD
 1 Consultant Booking Calendar
 1087 Ultimate Mandoline
 1587 Stackable Cooling Rack
 1590 Mini-Tart Shaper
 1606 Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan
 1755 Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush
 1910 Simple Additions® Small Square Bowls (set of two)
 1946 Small Bowl Caddy
 2183 Easy Read Measuring Cup (sample 2-cup)
 2234 1-cup Prep Bowl Set (sample of two)
 2344 Chef’s Tools – Slotted Turner
 2475 Stainless Whisk
 2585 Food Chopper
 2622 Mini-Serving Spatula
 2863 Executive 8" Sauté Panand the following items are substituted (or different amount):10 Show Presentation Cards instead of 8 Show Presentation Cards
5 Join Us! Recruiting Booklets instead of 1 Join Us! Recruiting Booklet
 1012 Cutting Board instead of 1001 Bar Board
 1052 Forged Cutlery – 5" Utility instead of 1059 Color Coated Santoku Knife
 2225 Measure-All® Cup instead of 2236 Mini Measure-All® Cup
 New Consultant Tote instead of Carry-All Tote

Does anyone know what recipes come with the Mini Kit/ can be prepared with the products ? I have someone who is going to sign up on Monday and will be getting the Mini kit for financial reasons. She does have PC products in her kitchen already.

Thanks!
Suzy in Texas

The mini-kit comes includes the SBRC.

Thanks-I guess my question is-what PC recipes can be made with the products found only in the mini-kit? In the SB cookbook the last 2 recipes from the appetizers, main dishes and desserts can be made with products in the $155 kit. Would that be the same for the products found in the mini-kit? Does anyone have a consultant who has purchased the mini-kit yet?

Thanks,
Suzy in Texas

Bumping this up to ask, what is the difference between the carry-all tote and the new consultant tote? Does the carry-all tote work well for carrying what comes in the mini-kit?

This is an older discussion, so I wanted to check and see if one of the statements is still true.Someone said the totes in the kits are different sizes? I'll be signing up in a couple weeks and restarting my business (it's been 5 yrs!).

Bumping again...I am curious to know what bag comes with the mini kit...anybody have a picture or anything?

urbnk8 said:
Bumping again...I am curious to know what bag comes with the mini kit...anybody have a picture or anything?

The carry all tote is nice but it's divided so larger items don't fit. It has a side pocket that will hold long narrow items and the other part is divided into three parts. I use it when I need a second tote. It also has a sleeve to fit over the rolling tote.

The consultant tote (comes with the larger kit) is bigger and has more sturdy sides. It had a side pocket like the other but slightly larger sand two other pockets for smaller things. The UM fits in the smaller pocket. The main part of the bag is large and open for whatever you would need to put in it.

To answer the last poster, the kits have not changed except the chefs tool slotted turner is now the nylon tool since that item was discontinued.

Thanks Beth! I have 2 of the consultant totes now (one from when I originally signed and then my mom bought a brand new one at the Goodwill and gave it to me!) I just re-signed 2 nights ago and ordered the mini-kit. I'm not too patient so I was curious what the tote was like. Thanks for the info!!

Although I have tons of PC product some was the older version so I updated my tote with the new version an leave the old version at home. Some items that were duplicates I've substituted. For example a hostess ordered the mandoline and the large bar pan. I told her I got those items in my kit and already had them and didn't need two of those and asked if she'd mind if I gave her the new in the box items I got in my kit and then I substituted products from my wish list that equalled that same valur to her order. Still worked out the same for her and she didn't mind at all. Have done this for a few shows. I will say that the hosts that I did this for were friends of mine. Don't know if I would do that with a stranger....although with a good attitude and loving the product I doubt most would mind. Throw in an extra $$ amount for their cooperation if there's a concern. I've also donated a couple items to benefits to get my name out there.

What is the difference between a Mini Kit and a Full Kit?

A Mini Kit typically contains a smaller selection of products, while a Full Kit contains a more comprehensive range of items. This means that a Mini Kit may be more compact and affordable, while a Full Kit may offer more options and value.

What are the benefits of purchasing a Mini Kit?

A Mini Kit is great for those who are new to a certain product or brand and want to try it out without committing to a larger purchase. It is also convenient for travel or for those who have limited storage space.

Why would someone choose a Full Kit over a Mini Kit?

A Full Kit is ideal for those who are already familiar with a product or brand and want to have a complete set of items. It can also be more cost-effective in the long run, as purchasing a Full Kit may be cheaper than buying individual products.

Can I mix and match products from a Mini Kit and a Full Kit?

Yes, you can mix and match products from different kits as long as they are compatible and serve the same purpose. However, keep in mind that some products in a Full Kit may already be included in a Mini Kit, so it may not be necessary to purchase both.

Are there any drawbacks to purchasing a Mini Kit?

One potential drawback is that a Mini Kit may not offer as many options or variations as a Full Kit. Additionally, if you end up loving the products in a Mini Kit, you may need to repurchase them individually once they run out, which may end up being more expensive in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• robochick84
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • pchefinski
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefann
  • sagan8