• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant! Ignorant Mother! How Helicopter Parenting Hinders Opportunities

In summary, a conversation took place between the speaker and a young girl who was interested in the speaker's business. The speaker spoke to the girl's mother on the phone the next day, who seemed uninterested in her daughter's potential involvement. The speaker expressed frustration at the mother's control over her daughter and hopes that the girl will stand up for herself and make her own decisions. The speaker still plans to reach out to the girl directly, despite the mother's disapproval.
letmepamperu13
Yesterday I spoke with a young gal about the business- she was very interested but wanted to talk it over with her mother. Today I call and the mother answers, says the daughter is not home and asked to take a message. I tell her who I am and she says "I don't think she is going to do it" and I said I would call back at another time to speak directly with the daughter to which the mother responds "She is in school and has no money and I'm not paying for it" (hellooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! why do you think she wants to give it a try?????????????? she wants to make some $$) So I respond that I will still try to give her a call to speak to her directly since she may even want to host a party. Mom says "I don't think so because I would be the one to pay for it."
This made me so mad as I couldn't believe that someone first, wouldn't let their kid make up their own mind and speak for themself. Second, Show some belief in their kid! Hope this girl cuts the apron strings from mommy soon or else she will be a sheltered hermit the rest of her life. Sorry, this just got my blood boiling as I saw some real potential in this gal and she really said she could use the extra money. I just can't believe that the mom wouldn't even let her daughter have the chance to even tell me herself....okay calming down..........
So in conclusion, I thanked the mom for her time and already have an email drafted up to the daughter (which is through her college account so mommy won't be able to sensor). She may say no (probably likely if mommy has a say) but I at least want to hear it from her!
Thanks for letting me spew! :)

gotta love it, when you find an over bearing mom.. I've run into a few husbands like that. when their wives show interest.

I'm so sorry--both for you and for this young lady.

Unfortunately, there are people out there like that. Hopefully, if she really wants this she'll stand her ground & tell her Mom that she's an adult.

Dear frustrated consultant,I completely understand your frustration and disappointment in this situation. It can be difficult when parents try to control their children's decisions and hinder their opportunities. However, I admire your determination to still reach out to the daughter and give her a chance to make her own decision.As a consultant, I have seen firsthand how the Pampered Chef business can be a great opportunity for young adults to earn extra income and gain valuable skills. I truly believe that this could have been a great opportunity for the daughter, and I hope that she will still consider it even if her mother is not on board.Thank you for not giving up and for your dedication to helping others achieve their goals. I wish you all the best in your business and hope that this experience will not discourage you from reaching out to others and making a positive impact. Keep up the great work!

1. What is the "Rant! Ignorant Mother!" product?

The "Rant! Ignorant Mother!" product is a kitchen tool designed to help you easily chop, mince, and dice fruits, vegetables, and herbs. It is a versatile and efficient tool that can make meal prep a breeze.

2. How does the "Rant! Ignorant Mother!" work?

The "Rant! Ignorant Mother!" has a sharp, curved blade that allows you to rock it back and forth over your food, quickly and evenly chopping it into small pieces. It also has a non-slip handle for a comfortable grip and a protective cover for safe storage.

3. Is the "Rant! Ignorant Mother!" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Rant! Ignorant Mother!" is dishwasher safe for easy clean up. We recommend placing it on the top rack of your dishwasher to avoid any damage to the blade.

4. What materials is the "Rant! Ignorant Mother!" made of?

The "Rant! Ignorant Mother!" is made of high-quality stainless steel for durability and a sharp blade. The handle is made of a comfortable and sturdy plastic material.

5. Can the "Rant! Ignorant Mother!" be used for other tasks besides chopping?

Yes, the "Rant! Ignorant Mother!" can also be used to mince and dice garlic, ginger, and herbs, as well as to crush nuts and crackers for toppings. It is a versatile tool that can handle a variety of tasks in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • cincychef