• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Still Build a Pampered Chef Business with My Friend Moving to a New State?

In summary, the main point of this conversation is that the speaker is hoping for some recruiting help and to find hospitality in the Austin/Belton, Texas area. They have a friend from the HR department who will be moving to the area and the speaker wants to approach them about joining their Pampered Chef business. They also mention connecting with other consultants in the area for support and resources.
BlueMoon
Sorry this is a long story--the main point is I am hoping that
  • someone can please help me with some recruiting words and
  • maybe to find hospitality in /near Austin/ Belton Texas area
. This is a gal I know from our HR department, one of those people you always wanted to get to know better, but just put it off.Recently we have been getting to know each other better, and we have a lot in common. She was one of the people I told about my plan to sign up for PC in Sept. and she has been super supportive. I was going to wait til august and start talking to her about signing up with me, learning together. I just think it would be a blast!But...last week she told me she is moving to Texas, her husband has taken a great opportunity there. She will be moving at the end of August, leaving our company in late July. She does have a few relatives there, and it turns out my sister lives nearby. (Lori will be working in Austin, her husband in Killeen, and my sis lives in Belton.) I know some of you have started a new PC business in a new area, but it sounds really scary to me.But she is uprooting her whole life and going to be learning a new job, etc.So the first thing I said was "Well, I guess now you have to sign up with me to be a Pampered chef consultant and build your business in Texas." We all laughed, then I said "seriously, I was planning to talk to you about that b/c I think it would be great to work together and build a team. I would love to do this with you." She said she had been thinking the same thing!--and it turns out she used to be a consultant (this was before the website, p3, etc etc) and she stopped because the paperwork was too hard. (she held 6 shows.)BUT I've been thinking about this and I still think we could be a great team, supporting each other online and on the phone. How can I introduce this idea to her without being pushy or seeming callous to her disrupted life.
She's never lived anywhere but Tucson, and remember, we are just beginning to become good friends.
Thanks so much for any tips or advice...part of me says to let it go, but it's not just that I want a recruit, I want to work with her!Marghi

Hey Marghi!!!! I'm in the area. Just a new consultant too, so I don't have meetings of my own, but I am sure she would be welcome at ours. Do you know where they will be living? I know there are meetings in Killeen.

lesliec said:
Hey Marghi!!!! I'm in the area. Just a new consultant too, so I don't have meetings of my own, but I am sure she would be welcome at ours. Do you know where they will be living? I know there are meetings in Killeen.
Leslie, thanks so much. They are going to be renting for a little while, but she isn't even sure where....But just being able to tell her I know a consultant there and she could go to your cluster meetings would be a step in the right direction.Would you be willing to give your director my email address? or whoever hosts the meetings? Just so I can do the right thing and politely ask?My email is [email protected]-- I'd love to hear from you, too. It would be so cool if I could electronically introduce you!Thanks again
MarghiPS how great is ChefSuccess?! you got this response to me so quickly, now I can tell Lori I know a consultant in the area! And hey, if she doesn't sign, she'll probably host for you. She loves PC!

I have a recruit in Killeen and just got her set up with hospitality

I agree, if she's been interested in starting her own PC business, now is a GREAT time! She's already biting the bullet & leaving her job for the move. Why not start off in her new location with a new career that she can take with her if they decide to move again down the road? No more want ads! ;)Yes, CS is a GREAT place to get help & support! I wish more consultants would utilize it.

Tara Woodward, Gene Chavez and Debbie Berger are a couple of Directors/AD in Austin that I personally know and have worked with when I lived in Austin. You can reach them via their websites. All are great folks who love helping others.

chefa said:
Tara Woodward, Gene Chavez and Debbie Berger are a couple of Directors/AD in Austin that I personally know and have worked with when I lived in Austin. You can reach them via their websites. All are great folks who love helping others.

Thanks so much, didn't even think of using websites! (d'oh)

Marghi

She would also be welcomed to mine, in San Antonio. This is definitely feasible, and being that she was a consultant already it would be that much easier!

You can email me if you'd like: [email protected]

You guys are all SO-o-o great. Clearly I can tell her that there is support there and we can set her up with people that will welcome her. I have name and email addresses and phone numbers all written down. This rocks. Even if she doesn't sign, she will definitely want to host parties, so I'll have some contacts for her.But how do you start a new PC business in a town where you are new and know so few people? Clearly it can be done, I just need to convince myself of how so I can talk to her confidently about it. Any tips?
thanks
marghi

What are some good gift ideas for a friend who is moving?

Some great gift ideas for a friend who is moving include a personalized housewarming gift basket filled with items for their new home, a gift card to a home decor store, a set of high-quality kitchen essentials, or a subscription to a meal delivery service to make their move easier.

How can I help my friend with the moving process?

One of the best ways to help your friend with their move is to offer to pack or unpack boxes, help with cleaning or organizing their new home, or lend a hand with any heavy lifting. You can also offer emotional support and be there to listen and offer advice during this stressful time.

Should I throw a going away party for my friend?

Throwing a going away party for your friend is a great way to celebrate their next chapter and say goodbye. However, make sure to check with your friend first to ensure they are comfortable with a party and to make sure it doesn't interfere with their moving plans.

What are some thoughtful ways to say goodbye to my friend who is moving?

Some thoughtful ways to say goodbye to your friend who is moving include writing a heartfelt letter or card, creating a photo album or scrapbook filled with memories, or planning a special outing or activity to do together before they leave.

How can I stay in touch with my friend after they move?

Staying in touch with your friend after they move is important to maintain your friendship. Some ways to stay connected include scheduling regular phone or video calls, planning visits to each other's new homes, or sending care packages filled with reminders of your friendship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jessamary
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
princessmeshelle
  • Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • dme.grant