• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should My Potential Recruit Get Her Kit Before or After Attending Conference?

You should order your kit pretty close to having your first show. It took about 5 days to get my kit. I had my first show 4 days after that.
kittychef
I have a potential recruit who wants to sign soon, she's also interested about going to conference. should she get her kit before or after conference? Also, she wants to get her shows on her calendar before she gets her kit. How do i encourage her to get it before?

Thanks!

She should sign now because she cannot go without being a consultant. Plus she can get started now! As far as shows on her calendar have her figure out what days she can work her shows in and then talk to her friends and family about doing shows on those dates.

Actually, I believe she could register as someone's guest. I agree with the recruit that she should get the shows on her calendar before she signs to maximize her PC dollars in the first 30 days.

I really want to find the rights words to tell her without sounding pushy or overwhelmed her. She says she's ready so I'm a little lost of what to do now. I would love for her to come to conferene but I think with the kit and conference too it might be too much money

Yes she can go to conference as your guest! We had a gentlemen at our Banquet last year that signed while at Conference!! He actually used the computer in McCormick Place to do it, awesome!
I agree that having shows lined up before she signs is a great way to earn P.C. Dollars! On the otherhand...if she gets on it she can still earn a good commission check for June to help with the cost of Conference, not to metion Sell-A-Thon, too!??

Probably just confused you more...decisions, decisions?

She should sign now, get started and earn the PC $ to PAY for conference!

cost for a guest is $200 same as a consultant so get ehr signed and she can start making $$ to offset cost

Good luck! I also say to sign her now while she is "ready" and enthused. She will get her bookings faster with her enthusiasm of being ready now and like the others have said she can start making money to offset the cost of NC.

She can't make money if she doesn't have shows booked!When I signed on, I wanted to get my kit right away! I am so glad that my director suggested I get my first few shows booked and then order it. If I had ordered right away, I would not have had a show for about 3 weeks. By waiting, I earned commissions AND the PC dollars.IMHO, you need to ask yourself what is right for your recruit.

Okay, everyone, let me make sure I understand, because I want to start my PC bzns in Sept. I plan to have at least 4 parties booked before I sign, so I can start right away, but are you saying I should hold parties before I order the kit? Like with stuff I and the host already have? I know I have at least one host that would be willing to do that, but I sorta wanted to have my kit in hand at my first party.Thanks in advance (and also for all the other stuff I am learning from you.)Marghi

BlueMoon said:
Okay, everyone, let me make sure I understand, because I want to start my PC bzns in Sept. I plan to have at least 4 parties booked before I sign, so I can start right away, but are you saying I should hold parties before I order the kit? Like with stuff I and the host already have? I know I have at least one host that would be willing to do that, but I sorta wanted to have my kit in hand at my first party.

Thanks in advance (and also for all the other stuff I am learning from you.)

Marghi

You will need your kit to have your first show. But you want to order your kit pretty close to having your first show. It took about 5 days to get my kit. I had my first show 4 days after that.

In your first 30 days your have the opportunity to earn PC dollars. You earn these dollars by sales (1250 in your first 30 days) and shows (4 shows in your first 30 days), then you continue to earn these PC dollars for your first 90 days. The 30 days starts when you order the kit.

I have earned $300 PC dollars so far. I use them to pay for a ton of business supplies and additional items for my kit.

BlueMoon said:
Okay, everyone, let me make sure I understand, because I want to start my PC bzns in Sept. I plan to have at least 4 parties booked before I sign, so I can start right away, but are you saying I should hold parties before I order the kit? Like with stuff I and the host already have? I know I have at least one host that would be willing to do that, but I sorta wanted to have my kit in hand at my first party.

Thanks in advance (and also for all the other stuff I am learning from you.)

Marghi

No. I think everyone is saying to have them BOOKED and on your calendar. So say you wanted to sign September 1st. You'll get your kit about 5-7 days from the day you sign-up. You would want to have your shows booked for the number of parties in September starting about 7-10 days after you sign. I'd say shoot for 4-6 (to allow for cancellations, etc). Pampered Chef starts the "30 day" clock about 1 week after you sign. So have your first show as close to when you get your kit- to give you plenty of time to have lots of shows in those first 30 days to get as many PC bucks you can! :D

Does that help??

Theoretically, a new recruit could get their website up and running and hold catalog shows. She/He could borrow some catalogs from their recruiter to send off to hosts. This could help her qualify sooner while they're waiting for their kit. Then she/he could do a Box Opening party. She could have fun opening up everything and showing people the stuff. Serve some sort of food/drinks and pass out catalogs. Or just schedule her Grand Opening for after the kit is expected to arrive. Or both.I think it's good to get her to sign before Conference if she's wanting to go. It is quite an investment to make right away, so by earning a commission it will really help. Attending Conference when brand new, I imagine, would be an awesome way for a new recruit to be energized about their business. Plus, their is usually some sort of reward after the fact for Conference attendees.Flip side, there is sometimes a really great recruiting promotion announced at Conference, so maybe they'd like to grab whatever carrot is coming up and hold off on signing. They could in the meantime set up shows, plan a grand opening, and even do catalog shows with the intention of submitting them the day they get assigned their consultant number. ;)

Thanks so much, everyone, that helps a lot.And oooooh, Amanda, I love the catalog show idea!....and most of the people coming to my grand opening show would be neighbors who already love me, so I was actually thinking about making the grand opening a box opening show.....maybe that's the one I should invite my most hoped for recruits to......(I am so excited, which is why I spend so much time on CS....thanks goodness I found CS....googlesearch!!)Marghi

Just thought of something...it seems that people are getting their kits rather quickly after signing, so maybe the first thing I mentioned might not really apply as I explained. But new consultants can get their websites right away and use it for catalog shows. :)

babywings76 said:
Just thought of something...it seems that people are getting their kits rather quickly after signing, so maybe the first thing I mentioned might not really apply as I explained. But new consultants can get their websites right away and use it for catalog shows. :)

FYI - Right away = as soon as you have your PC Debit or Credit card number- which will take a few days. Have your bank account all ready that you intend to link to your debit card (if you go that route). Then apply for the card(s) as soon as you have access to Consultant Connection (about a day...email will contain the details).

Once you have the PC Debit/Credit Card number, THEN you can get the Personal Website. you can't pay for it with any other method. Otherwise, everything else Amanda said is correct. :) I'd recommend getting the website as soon as possible anyway- you'll be able to put it on your biz cards, etc.

esavvymom said:
FYI - Right away = as soon as you have your PC Debit or Credit card number- which will take a few days. Have your bank account all ready that you intend to link to your debit card (if you go that route). Then apply for the card(s) as soon as you have access to Consultant Connection (about a day...email will contain the details).

Once you have the PC Debit/Credit Card number, THEN you can get the Personal Website. you can't pay for it with any other method. Otherwise, everything else Amanda said is correct. :) I'd recommend getting the website as soon as possible anyway- you'll be able to put it on your biz cards, etc.

Thanks for clarifying! :) By right away, I was meaning that they didn't need to wait to qualify in order to get it. I should have worded that better. :blushing:

babywings76 said:

Amanda and Bobbie,

so true, but one could have an "old fashioned" (non-website, actually using the catalogs and OOFs) before actually signing..and then submit that early on.

So..I see mentions of 4 shows and of 1250. I think the 4 is tied to PC dollars, but I'd qualify if I had 1250 all in one show, right?

thanks again
Marghi

You qualify when you hit $1250 in commissionable sales. You're right, the 4 shows is one of the milestones for getting PC $.And definitely, they can do catalog shows the old-fashioned way. :) Just sometimes the website makes it easier for people to order. They can pay by credit card on their own and not have to mail out checks and all that. It's just another tool, not a replacement for the good old-fashioned way of showing people catalogs and calling friends and telling them about it. :)

Amanda,

yes, believe me I can't wait for the website....but I love:love::love::love: the idea of starting a catalog show before I even sign!

Marghi

Definitely a great idea. I had one indirect recruit pick up over $600 in orders before she signed and with only 1 catalog!

As you know Marghi, you get PCD for every 4 shows you submit, and for every 1250 in sales during your 1st 90 days. It's double in your 1st 30 days.

May I ask why you want to wait until September? Just curious. :D

Blue Moon, If you have family or friends out of town or state, have them do a catalog show for you before you sign. Just remember that if you are signing in September: these catalog shows have to be September shows (with September specials) even though you are doing them in August, and September a new catalog comes out. Can you sign August 31, so you could use the current catalog?

Jolie_Paradoxe said:

May I ask why you want to wait until September? Just curious. :D

Laurie, that is an understandable question. You can see I can hardly contain my excitement. Went to my first cluster meeting on Monday.

I work full time and have an hour commute each way. PC would fit in fine with that, at the level I'd like to start--BUT-- I am also working on a master's. I've put 3 years of blood sweat and tears into this thing, and I have one more course, and it's a biggie, a major project that I expect to take a lot of effort and angst.
Sooooo---I will be done with it on 9/17, then I will be able to really give my PC business the attention I want to in order to get it off to a good start. Basically, PC is my graduation gift to myself. (and yes, I am planning a party for 9/18, so I'll sign a few days before that.)

The frustrating thing is that I want to talk about PC all the time, and it is really too early to start reaching out. So I have my little circle of about 5 people that know, and they are planning parties, but I'm not telling many more people just yet. Partly I am a little scared to talk about it, and partly I am worried they will be tired of hearing about it by the time I start. I want to use those first few weeks as time they are helping me start, and I don't want them to feel like I've been talking about PC for months.

I know I can book 4 parties in the first 2 weeks, if I include my own grand opening. And shortly after that my community has a crafts faire, and booths are only $40, so I have been looking at that thread a lot.

See? I can't shut up about it. I am like a little kid before Christmas, and the truth I am distracted from the course I am finishing up now. I don't care as much about this one, and i am getting a good grade, but I can't afford it on the last one.

lol.

Marghi

Great excitement Marghi! You will be off to a great start. I wish I had someone with your enthusiasm on my team. Finishing your masters is quite an accomplishment. I did that right before the birth of my second child. We get the fall catalogs before September. I'm sure you could get some from your recruiter, do some catalog shows the first weeks of September and close them after you sign. You definitely want to have the time to jump start a business.

Thanks for all the ideas ladies! I'm excited to have a new recruit!

BlueMoon said:
Laurie, that is an understandable question. You can see I can hardly contain my excitement. Went to my first cluster meeting on Monday.

I work full time and have an hour commute each way. PC would fit in fine with that, at the level I'd like to start--BUT-- I am also working on a master's. I've put 3 years of blood sweat and tears into this thing, and I have one more course, and it's a biggie, a major project that I expect to take a lot of effort and angst.
Sooooo---I will be done with it on 9/17, then I will be able to really give my PC business the attention I want to in order to get it off to a good start. Basically, PC is my graduation gift to myself. (and yes, I am planning a party for 9/18, so I'll sign a few days before that.)

The frustrating thing is that I want to talk about PC all the time, and it is really too early to start reaching out. So I have my little circle of about 5 people that know, and they are planning parties, but I'm not telling many more people just yet. Partly I am a little scared to talk about it, and partly I am worried they will be tired of hearing about it by the time I start. I want to use those first few weeks as time they are helping me start, and I don't want them to feel like I've been talking about PC for months.

I know I can book 4 parties in the first 2 weeks, if I include my own grand opening. And shortly after that my community has a crafts faire, and booths are only $40, so I have been looking at that thread a lot.

See? I can't shut up about it. I am like a little kid before Christmas, and the truth I am distracted from the course I am finishing up now. I don't care as much about this one, and i am getting a good grade, but I can't afford it on the last one.

lol.

Marghi

I noticed your level of excitement, and from your posts you're a natural! It makes complete sense why you're waiting. Congrats on being near the finish line for your masters!

I can only imagine how tough it is for you to have to wait! Frustrating, but smart to hold off on telling everyone.

By the time you do sign up, you'll be brimming with all sorts of great ideas AND ready to rack up those PCD!! In mid to late August, announce to the world that you're starting your biz. Book anyone and everyone you can in those 1st 30 days....get the double bonus PCD.

Sending you good wishes for excelling in this final lap of study! Looking forward to celebrating and officially welcoming you to PC. :)

:sing:My recruit signed today!!!! She said she couldn't wait anymore!! And she already has two shows booked!!!:sing::sing::sing::sing::sing:

kittychef said:
:sing:My recruit signed today!!!! She said she couldn't wait anymore!! And she already has two shows booked!!!:sing::sing::sing::sing::sing:

WooHoo! Glad she signed, glad she's off to such a good start!

Thanks all of you for the encouragement and inspiration!

Marghi

1. What is the process for becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can either sign up through a current consultant or directly through our website. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes all the necessary tools and materials to get started. Once you have signed up, you will have access to our online training and resources to help you get your business up and running.

2. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will have the opportunity to earn a flexible income, make your own schedule, and receive discounts on our high-quality products. You will also have the support and training of our team to help you succeed in your business.

3. Do I need to have previous sales experience to become a consultant?

No, you do not need any previous sales experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant. We provide all the necessary training and resources to help you succeed in your business. However, having a passion for cooking and our products can certainly be beneficial.

4. Is there a minimum sales requirement as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, there is a minimum sales requirement of $150 in a rolling 3-month period. This ensures that our consultants are actively selling and promoting our products. If the requirement is not met, your consultant account will be deactivated.

5. Can I choose my own hours as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, one of the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant is the flexibility to choose your own hours. You can work as much or as little as you want, depending on your schedule and goals. However, keep in mind that the more you work and promote your business, the more successful you will be.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • kittychef