• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Versus Other Dsas

In summary, the Pampered Chef recruiter found out that the prospective employee is also being courted by Arbonne. The recruiter prayed about this decision and found that Pampered Chef is a better option because of the benefits listed. The benefits include: -Hosts love to book shows -Host gets above benefits even if no shows are booked -We do not have to pay for host benefits above -We pay for nothing -We do not have to deliver products or pay shipping -We do not have to buy samples -No inventory to carry -No samples to restock -We get to teach folks how to make FOOD for their
ChefCKHall
Hi all, I have a prospective recruitee who may join in August. I just found out she is also being courted by Arbonne. I prayed about this because I did not want to be negative. Instead, I wrote up a brief list of why I chose Pampered Chef as my new career. That way, she can compare on her own if she wishes.

Here is my copy, let me know what you think!

Benefits of working with Pampered Chef
I decided to research the pros of working with Pampered Chef versus other direct sales companies:
• Hosts love to book shows - I average 3-4 shows booked every show!
• Incredible Host Benefits: FREE product, 60% off specials, 50% off, up to 30% off everything else! People love to host PC shows and PC blesses them with lots of FREE stuff! No limit on what host can receive! All paid by Pampered Chef!
• Host gets above benefits even if no shows are booked from host show! No ties to only getting benefits if shows are booked. All paid by Pampered Chef!
• We do not have to pay for host benefits above! We pay for nothing!
• We do not have to deliver products or pay shipping!
• We do not have to buy samples!
• No inventory to carry. No samples to restock! No bags, etc. to buy!
• Company delivers product to hostess - no out of pocket fees!
• FREE credit card usage - we do not have to pay fees!
• Catalog changes only twice a year - FREE changeover kit!
• No annual dues to stay active!
• We are NEVER required to purchase new products! Most of the time, we receive them for FREE as incentives! Monthly incentives - every month!
• We get a yearly kit enhancement!
• Unlimited Pampered Chef dollars can be earned your first 90 days - used for free product, catalogs, biz supplies, anything you wish - I earned $1500!
• Once qualified, FREE website for the first 90 days..very low fee after that.
• Pampered Chef is one company that has been proven that you can make money just by being a consultant without any recruits! I have! No pressure to recruit but great career ladder is available if you choose to do so!
• Tangible products that people use...daily! With great warranties!
• Consumer spends $100, gets $100 in product that they will use, continue to use, and not have to replace until wear and tear...people mention they have product that has lasted for years! That is why folks love Pampered Chef!
• We do not pay sales tax (state or city), Pampered Chef does that for us!
• We do not have to pay for samples or product for the shows!
• We get to teach folks how to make FOOD for their family for $2 or less per serving. Encourage them to spend time with their families and have the right tools for the job in the kitchen - even if they hate to cook! Who can afford to eat out all the time? We have to EAT!
• PAMPERED CHEF IS PRACTICAL!
• Free software for computer!
• Incredible online training!
• Yearly vacation incentives and MORE!
• National Conference - Pampered Chef makes it easy for you to attend yearly!

Here is a chart that I think can be very helpful....

Attachments

• PC direct sales comparison.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 499
I have a sheet similar to this in my recruiting binder, but I only have that hard copy and it's at home. I like what you've put on here, though I might tweak some things a bit. I don't have time to dwelve into it right now, but I may do so on my lunch.

I did do a quick Google search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=what+to+look+for+when+choosing+a+direct+sales+company&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CHuW_TrkHTJS3Bpv4ygSA3f3YBgAAAKoEBU_QLxRy

There were some good links form 3rd party sites about what to look for in a DS company, and what I'd do is look through those lists and make sure your document covers the answers for what they advise new prospects to look for.

ChefBeckyD said:
Here is a chart that I think can be very helpful....

Thanks Becky! I did see this chart previously and thought about using it but some of the things were old...2006. I really just wanted something to print out for my prospective recruit and others that I interview...kind of like a punch list of why PC is so great!

Thanks Noora, I would appreciate that! CK

NooraK said:
I have a sheet similar to this in my recruiting binder, but I only have that hard copy and it's at home. I like what you've put on here, though I might tweak some things a bit. I don't have time to dwelve into it right now, but I may do so on my lunch.

I did do a quick Google search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=what+to+look+for+when+choosing+a+direct+sales+company&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CHuW_TrkHTJS3Bpv4ygSA3f3YBgAAAKoEBU_QLxRy

There were some good links form 3rd party sites about what to look for in a DS company, and what I'd do is look through those lists and make sure your document covers the answers for what they advise new prospects to look for.

ChefCKHall said:
Thanks Becky! I did see this chart previously and thought about using it but some of the things were old...2006. I really just wanted something to print out for my prospective recruit and others that I interview...kind of like a punch list of why PC is so great!

Yes, I haven't ever really had a need to use it, but I've kept it just in case. :)

It would be very easy to update, since all of PC's press releases and TV appearances are listed on CC.

•• We get a yearly kit enhancement!
We do not pay sales tax (state or city), Pampered Chef does that for us!

Can you explain these three points in detail? I am brand new and curious how the FREE changeover kit works, what kind of kit enhancements and when? Who doesn't pay sales tax?

Here. I updated Becky's doc. I didn't add more recent press releases but did comment that there are more current ones available.

Attachments

• direct sales comparisons.doc
    72.5 KB · Views: 476
I think your list is great Chef CK! I was courting a cousin of mine who is a stay at home mom to join me and she just called me yesterday all excited about how she is going to do spa parties :( but oh well, she's young, and doesn't cook...not that she wouldn't love PC, I just think she wanted to go another route....but I love your list! It hits every point perfectly!

elizabethby said:
We do not pay sales tax (state or city), Pampered Chef does that for us!

Can you explain these three points in detail? I am brand new and curious how the FREE changeover kit works, what kind of kit enhancements and when? Who doesn't pay sales tax?

These were some things I was going to say you'll probably want to clarify :D

The changeover kit isn't actually free, there is $6 deducted from your commissions, but it includes a pack of 25 catalogs and samples of all the new fall paperwork.

Kit Enhancement is an opportunity for consultants to purchase products at a 40% discount (with limitations, details in the Policy Guide). New consultants get it in their fourth full month, all consultants get it in April.

More accurately, we don't collect sales tax, HO does so for us. Customers still have to pay sales tax, and we also do on our supplies and such, but we don't have to file with the state and all that.

NooraK said:

The changeover kit isn't actually free, there is $6 deducted from your commissions, but it includes a pack of 25 catalogs and samples of all the new fall paperwork.

Kit Enhancement is an opportunity for consultants to purchase products at a 40% discount (with limitations, details in the Policy Guide). New consultants get it in their fourth full month, all consultants get it in April.

More accurately, we don't collect sales tax, HO does so for us. Customers still have to pay sales tax, and we also do on our supplies and such, but we don't have to file with the state and all that.

Thanks for Clarifying :)....
Does the changeover kit get sent automatically to you? Or is it something you have to order?

elizabethby said:
Thanks for Clarifying :)....
Does the changeover kit get sent automatically to you? Or is it something you have to order?

Yes, it's automatically sent if you're active in the specified timeframe. There are some details in the June CN.

NooraK said:

The changeover kit itself is free...the $6 is for shipping.

1) When the new catalog season happens (twice yearly) we get a changeover kit that has 25 new catalogs in it and a few other things to help with the changeover. I believe we are charged 6.00 for shipping.2) Sales tax, although collected by us on orders, is paid to city/state by Pampered Chef.3) Yearly kit enhancement: You get 40% off any items (one of each and up to $500 max) every April. This is to replace items you may be using for shows that wear out. Or any other item you choose to buy. As a new consultant, you also get this in your fourth month as a consultant.
elizabethby said:
We do not pay sales tax (state or city), Pampered Chef does that for us!Can you explain these three points in detail? I am brand new and curious how the FREE changeover kit works, what kind of kit enhancements and when? Who doesn't pay sales tax?

ChefBeckyD said:
The changeover kit itself is free...the $6 is for shipping.

Well, if we get all technical about it :D

I was trying to think of it from the perspective of the potential recruit. Especially since it's almost that time again. I know it's not a lot of money, but it's the feeling of being deceived when you were told it was free, but then HO takes $6 out of your check.

Speaking of taking out of your check, mention the liability insurance.

OK, here are some notes. I tried to look at it from the perspective of someone who doesn't have any DS experience. I hope it doesn't sound too critical. I like what you have, these are just my suggestions to improve upon it.

ChefCKHall said:
Benefits of working with Pampered Chef
I decided to research the pros of working with Pampered Chef versus other direct sales companies:
• Hosts love to book shows - I average 3-4 shows booked every show!
• Incredible Host Benefits: FREE product, 60% off specials, 50% off, up to 30% off everything else! People love to host PC shows and PC blesses them with lots of FREE stuff! No limit on what host can receive! All paid by Pampered Chef! If your recruit is a past host, they might already know about what the host gets. I would shorten this and just state that PC pays for the host benefits
• Host gets above benefits even if no shows are booked from host show! No ties to only getting benefits if shows are booked. All paid by Pampered Chef! “Host benefits are not directly tied to bookings”
• We do not have to pay for host benefits above! We pay for nothing! Repetitive, already stated twice :)
• We do not have to deliver products or pay shipping! “No deliveries or inventory”
• We do not have to buy samples!
• No inventory to carry. No samples to restock! No bags, etc. to buy!
• Company delivers product to hostess - no out of pocket fees! Kind of already covered with no deliveries
• FREE credit card usage - we do not have to pay fees! “PC pays credit card fees, no cost to consultants”
• Catalog changes only twice a year - FREE changeover kit! Changeover kit is not totally free, there is a $6 deduction out of commissions for shipping. I’d elaborate a bit on what is in a changeover kit. Also mention the cost of catalogs.
• No annual dues to stay active! Maybe separate no annual dues as one point, and state “$150 in commissionable sales required to stay active, retain consultantship for six months before even if inactive” or something to that affect.
• We are NEVER required to purchase new products! Most of the time, we receive them for FREE as incentives! Monthly incentives - every month! “No requirement to purchase new products. Consultants are offered the opportunity to earn new products for free with incentives, and are offered the option to purchase each season’s new items at a 50% discount”
• We get a yearly kit enhancement! “Each year consultants have the opportunity to enhance their kit with new products at a 40% discount.”
• Unlimited Pampered Chef dollars can be earned your first 90 days - used for free product, catalogs, biz supplies, anything you wish - I earned $1500! I like how you’re putting your own achievements in here too :)
• Once qualified, FREE website for the first 90 days..very low fee after that. “Professionally designed and maintained website for online ordering available for as little as $8/month, with the opportunity to get your first 90 days FREE.”
• Pampered Chef is one company that has been proven that you can make money just by being a consultant without any recruits! I have! No pressure to recruit but great career ladder is available if you choose to do so! “Our commission structure allows you to earn substantial income with just sales. Additional income can be earned by building a team, but it is not necessary.”
• Tangible products that people use...daily! With great warranties! “PC provides at least a 1 year guarantee on all of its products”
• Consumer spends $100, gets $100 in product that they will use, continue to use, and not have to replace until wear and tear...people mention they have product that has lasted for years! That is why folks love Pampered Chef!
• We do not pay sales tax (state or city), Pampered Chef does that for us! “We do not have to collect sales tax and report it to our local and state governments, PC does that for us”
• We do not have to pay for samples or product for the shows! I think this was already somewhere earlier
• We get to teach folks how to make FOOD for their family for $2 or less per serving. Encourage them to spend time with their families and have the right tools for the job in the kitchen - even if they hate to cook! Who can afford to eat out all the time? We have to EAT! “The PC Test Kitchens provide us with fabulous recipes that are specifically designed to show off our tools. They also take great effort to make these recipes easy and affordable to the customer”
• PAMPERED CHEF IS PRACTICAL!
• Free software for computer! “Free software included in your kit for submitting shows, supply orders, tracking sales, contacts etc”
• Incredible online training! “Comprehensive online training center” Also, mention cluster meetings, tele talk classes, and such
• Yearly vacation incentives and MORE! “Incentive trips annually” Also mention the jewelry program with Excellence Awards
• National Conference - Pampered Chef makes it easy for you to attend yearly! “Annual National Conference in Chicago. PC helps you plan for the costs so it is easy to attend.”

Oh, and check out the "Questions You May Have About The Pampered Chef" news article on Becky's website: /cookinwithbecky

I have to say I love this thread!:) I'm going to make up my own to have available. I'm hosting my own show on Tuesday because I have nothing for June and needed something. I've invited those interested in joining in past but haven't for various reasons. I need to make some follow up calls tonight on that actually to get an idea of attendance and figure out what recipe I'll be making!:) Anyway I need to make one of these to have for my show

OK, I took the first search result in the Google results I linked above, and answered the questions with a PC perspective. It got to be much longer than I would want to give to anyone, but I wanted to share my answers. This way, if the questions come up in conversation, maybe it'll help someone. :)

Attachments

• Choosing A Direct Sales Company.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 437
I'm not so sure that "•• We get a yearly kit enhancement!" is a great benifit over other DS companies. We get a 40% discount for products during this time, but alot of other companies get greater discounts on their products than the 40% PC gives us...

Of course, i like our products better than any other sales company and can't imagine selling anything else :)

I know that you kinda said this, but guests love coming to shows. I was the queen of hosting shows for other DS companies, and PC was the only one that I never had any trouble getting anyone to come to.

OK, now you guys got me all wrapped up in this...

Attachments

• Why Choose The Pampered Chef.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 539
Noora - You rock! I knew you would get inspired!

I heard today that Arbonne declared bankruptcy.

raebates said:
I heard today that Arbonne declared bankruptcy.

Their parent company filed chapter 11 in January (2010), but has emerged from it on March 5th. For more details go to https://www.npginfo.com/Page.aspx?Name=Home

"NATURAL PRODUCTS GROUP RESTRUCTURING INFORMATION

On March 5, 2010, Natural Products Group, LLC completed its financial restructuring and emerged from its Chapter 11 reorganization, only 37 days after its initial “pre-packaged” filing on January 27, 2010.
The Company’s Plan of Reorganization was confirmed by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware on February 22, 2010. Under the Plan, the Company has reduced its outstanding debt obligations by more than 80 percent and enhanced its financial position.
The Company’s principal operating units, Arbonne International, LLC, and Levlad, LLC, operated normally throughout the reorganization process and continued to provide a full range of products and services to their customers."

I checked that out Rae, apparently they filed chapter 11 in January seem to still be chugging along!

That does lead to another great fact about PC though, which I learned by reading Doris Christopher's Biography.

The Pampered Chef, since the initial investment of several thousand dollars to start the company, has NEVER been in debt. That's why Warren Buffet was willing to buy TPC - because the business practice and plan was so excellent.

This is a great thread. For me, I will be saving some of these docs to help my own recruits make their decision. But in addition, as someone who'll join in Sept, it also give me talking points for when my friends and family are concerned about my choice.

For me, I had thought about PC for years, when I decided I knew some of this stuff from previous research, and other features are icing on the cake that helps me feel like I can get even more out of PC than I originally thought. (my first thought was "hey, that kit's a great deal, how much do I have to do to keep it! lol) wow, have I changed, and still haven't signed on the dotted line.

Thanks so much for sharing all the hard work you have done on this topic. And Becky, I have bookmarked your site. That's great.

Marghi

Thanks. I didn't know the details. The bankruptcy was mentioned in passing.

NooraK said:
22. Professional Test Kitchens create recipes for us to demonstrate designed to feature the products, while still keeping costs to a minimum, allowing us to show our guest and hosts how to save money. The recipes are so easy, anyone can make them.

Pampered Chef recipes....so easy a caveman can do them!

Sorry, I couldn't resist! ;)

just something to make note of. Website is going to be $10 a month starting Sept. 1st.

I think it will be $8 a month if you pay by the year??

So many people are asking if they offer health insurance. I know we do but
haven't looked into it. Does any one have any simple answer for this question?
Thank you!!

Yes insurance is available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • jregini
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views