• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Possible Recruit...need Advice

In summary, Marghi is scheduled to have her first meeting with a possible recruit tomorrow. She has no idea what to say to her, and is looking for advice. She is bringing the Come Join Us booklet and the DVD to the meeting, but is unsure of how the meeting should go. She plans to go to Starbucks with her laptop in case there
1PamperedMommy
Gold Member
I signed in September and am finally meeting with my first possible recruit tomorrow. I have NO IDEA what to say to her! I plan on bringing the Come Join Us booklet and giving her the DVD, but how should the meeting go? We're going to Starbucks, and I'm bringing my laptop in case there's something to show her on the website. Any and all advice is appreciated :) THANKS!

There is a great conference class to download about Recruiting Interviews. It goes over how to go over the CJU booklet. Works every time!

Be positive and if you don't know the answers to their questions, let them know you will get back to them and make sure that you do by the end of the next day. Bring notepad to take your own notes.

If she's worried about support, you might want to show her ChefSuccess. I stumbled on it while I was deciding, and it's one of the reasons I decided to go for it!Marghi

Our (Canadian) recruiting booklet Take a Closer Look has an interview guide to use? Do you have something like this? It's really good and helps work through all the right questions with lots of great pointers.

Where is the download for that conference class? I looked on the download page, but wasn't sure what it was called. Thanks!

1PamperedMommy said:
Where is the download for that conference class? I looked on the download page, but wasn't sure what it was called. Thanks!

It's not in the download center - it's in the Online Training Center....and it's called "Interviews That End In Yes" with Virginia Stein.

My one piece of advice is to listen more than you talk.;)

Thanks everyone! It's still a "maybe" but it's better than a "no" :)

BlueMoon said:
If she's worried about support, you might want to show her ChefSuccess. I stumbled on it while I was deciding, and it's one of the reasons I decided to go for it!

Marghi

Same with me! ;)

BlueMoon said:
If she's worried about support, you might want to show her ChefSuccess. I stumbled on it while I was deciding, and it's one of the reasons I decided to go for it!

Marghi

emiscookin said:
Same with me! ;)

And, may I just say I, for one, am thrilled you are both here?! You both have contributed so much since you've joined, and it's been fun getting to know you.:love:

Marghi, I am anxiously waiting for 9/18 when you can become official, and start sharing your own success stories!:sing:

Some days i wonder....I was out to dinner tonight with dear friends, and the woman asked If I had done any shows, and then said--"I'm not offering"--not that I was expecting her to host, but ....come on. I haven't even really approached anyone about hosting. So that makes me a little nervous. I'm so afraid that all my ideas will turn out just to be ideas.BUT at the same time, one of the women I work with (and I am not close to at all) is already telling me the PC fans at work will host Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas parties. She was a consultant years ago, and I know she'll help me connect to her old customers at work. aaarrrrrgggggggggg hhhh. I want to get started so I can start doing and stop just planning. But I am on my way to class now. 7 more weeks. (but who's counting!?)You guys are great, I love this community! Thanks for all your encouragement!

Congrats on your first interview! On mine, I usually do a quick overview of the "Come Join Us" booklet, the "new Consultant Rewards" pamphlet and then briefly explain the DVD sending it home with them (and the paperwork) to review. If there's a current recruiting promo, I give them a printout of it too.I usually stress that everyone has different goals, and that's what's so great about PC. If they are wanting to do 1 show a month or 20 shows a month, it's totally up to THEM to decide how much or how little they want to work. When I started, my goal was to support my addiction to the product and I did just that! I signed in March '08 and by the end of the tax year I had seriously spent all but $5 back into the business! I achieved my goal and had a very well stocked kitchen! I had ZERO desire back then to recruit or promote, but my circumstances and my goals changed since I started. PC allows me the flexibility to work more, recruit more & promote if I so choose. Or stay-active for the discount.I then explain that they need to really think about WHY they want to do PC. Then I can help them vamp a plan on what they need to do to achieve their goals. I'm not their boss, I'm their mentor. It's my job to give them adequate training & answer any questions that they might have to get up & going, but it's their responsibility to do what it takes to achieve their goals.I also tell them that, for me, the business opportunity is like offering a stick of gum. If they want it, great! I'm happy to give them a piece. If they are not in the mood for gum right now or don't chew it at all, that's okay too! I do NOT get offended. If I recruited every single person that I spoke to, I wouldn't have such great customers and hosts! :DOn my follow up, I simply state that I'm following up as promised & then ask if they've had time to review the info. If not, I ask if they have any questions & we reschedule a follow up contact (phone, e-mail or in person). If they did review the info, I simply ask "So, what did you think?" Then I hush & let them voice their excitement, concerns, etc., feeding off their energy and either being excited with them or answering any questions that they might still have about the business. :D

What is a "First Possible Recruit"?

A "First Possible Recruit" is an individual who shows potential to become a valuable member of a team or organization. This term is commonly used in recruitment and hiring processes to refer to someone who is being considered for a job or position.

How can I identify a First Possible Recruit?

To identify a First Possible Recruit, you should look for individuals who possess the skills, experience, and qualities that are required for the role or position you are recruiting for. This could include relevant education, previous work experience, and strong communication and teamwork skills.

What should I consider when evaluating a First Possible Recruit?

When evaluating a First Possible Recruit, you should consider their qualifications, experience, and skills in relation to the job or position you are recruiting for. You should also assess their potential for growth and development within the organization and their compatibility with the team and company culture.

How can I attract First Possible Recruits to my organization?

To attract First Possible Recruits, you should have a clear and attractive job posting that outlines the responsibilities, qualifications, and benefits of the position. You should also actively promote your organization and its values and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.

What should I do if I am unsure about a First Possible Recruit?

If you are unsure about a First Possible Recruit, you should conduct further interviews or assessments to gather more information about their qualifications, experience, and potential fit for the role and organization. You can also seek advice from colleagues or seek additional references from the candidate's previous employers or colleagues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisamac
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • cewcooks
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pkd09