• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Your Recruiter's Responsibilities After Signing

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of contact with a recruiter after signing and starting a new role. The individual has had little contact with their recruiter, who has been MIA and unresponsive. They have had more interaction with their Director, who has been helpful and supportive. The responsibilities and expectations of a recruiter are discussed, with the consensus being that it varies from person to person. Some believe it is their responsibility to support and guide their downline, while others believe it is the Director's role. The individual expresses their disappointment with their recruiter's lack of involvement and recalls their own experience as a supportive recruiter when they recruited someone themselves. The conversation ends with the suggestion to communicate with the recruiter and express their needs, as well as
lindy0116
How much contact with your recruiter is normal after you've signed and you're new? I signed the end of April and she's been completely MIA. I've tried calling and got her once but she said she was having bad reception and would call me back in 5 min. That was a week ago. I also had an open house she RSVP'd to and said she would come for a bit and help with - she was a no show.

I've heard from my director who's great and have had some training now with her. But what are the responsibilities of the recruiter and what should I expect?

It's unfortunate that your recruiter hasn't been around very much. However, since your Director has been around, it should be fine! People run their businesses all different ways. My Director is very hands on and will help me with my downline and will also call them. It is the Director's job (my understanding) to help with the downline. As soon as your recruiter is a Director, they should become more active in their downline's businesses. Before I was a Director, I was always trying to help out my downline, but that's just me. I have talked to other consultants who have only ever had help with their upline director. Is your recruiter someone you could talk to about getting more help? Or even talking to your Director?

Kelly's right. I'm sorry your recruiter isn't more involved, but at least you have a helpful director. I understand it's not that unusual for a recruiter to have little involvement with their recruits.

The only thing I'll add to what Rae and Kelly said is if you think the recruiter should be more involved, then definitely do things differently when you start building your own team.

Wow, I am so sorry you feel so ignored. I have only recruited 1 person, my daughter's friend. She is 22. But it was my goal to be as helpful as I could be. In the beginning I helped her go over her kit, paper work, p3. I went to her 1st show and even her 1st open house. Some recruits may not want/need it. But I thought it was the responsibility of the recruiter to be helpful and supportive.
Even though I may not get a lot of $ from it, I look at it as a good long term business plan. She is my 1st step to team building. I totally adore my director. It is just a comfort to know that she is always there for anything.
I don't have much contact with my recruiter either, but thankfully have my director. So I understand your frustration. But do know that you will be just as successful with your director's guidance. :angel:

Look to the upline director, that is the person that will mentor and guide you. She/he has a vested interest in helping you and helping you make your business what YOU want it to be... which may be completely different than what your recruiter wants from hers.

(((hugs))) just feel blessed that you do have her upline being supportive. ;)

It all depends. Is your recruiter new? Maybe she thinks that since your director is helping you that her support is not needed.

Have you talked to her and told her what you'd like? I know some of my teammates prefer to be in touch....some by email, some by phone...others prefer less contact.

Also know you can always call her/him first! When you do speak, let her know you'd like to hear more from her. Be specific as it's helpful to know what you need personally.

The beauty of the biz is that there are so many great resources to ensure your success, whether your contact with your recruiter is minimal or not!

Not trying to excuse anyone....just giving a different perspective. And as Sarah stated, use this experience for when you have a team!

My recruiter had no interest in recruiting so in the 2 years her "help" has been to lend me things I did not have and in turn I have lent her things as well. She did not ask me if I was interested, but I asked her. My training has come from my director, not my recruiter .. but I am very much in communication with my recruits. So I guess it just depends on where your recruiter is as far as her desire for being a director or not.

1. What are the main responsibilities of a recruiter after I have signed a contract?

After you have signed a contract with a recruiter, their main responsibilities include facilitating the hiring process, communicating with you and the employer, and ensuring that all terms of the contract are met.

2. Will my recruiter be involved in negotiating my compensation and benefits?

Yes, your recruiter is responsible for negotiating your compensation and benefits with the employer on your behalf. They will also provide you with guidance and advice on what is reasonable to ask for.

3. Can my recruiter share my personal information with the employer?

No, your recruiter is not allowed to share your personal information with the employer without your consent. They should also provide you with details on how your personal information will be used and stored.

4. What should I do if I have any concerns or issues with my recruiter?

If you have any concerns or issues with your recruiter, it is important to communicate them directly with the recruiter. If the issue cannot be resolved, you can also reach out to their company's HR department or file a complaint with relevant authorities.

5. How long should I expect my recruiter to stay in touch after I have signed a contract?

Your recruiter should stay in touch with you until the hiring process is complete and you have successfully started your new job. After that, they may check in occasionally to ensure that you are satisfied with your new role.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jessinthekitchen