• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Efficiency: Group Interviewing for Recruiting Multiple Candidates

In summary, the author is thinking of doing a recruiting interview with several people, but is concerned about the negativity of one person.
Liquid Sky
Has anyone done a recruiting interview with several people (that don't know each other) at one time? I have a handful of people who want to meet up with me, and want to meet "now" but I have an extremely tight schedule between work, kids, biz...etc. I want to meet up with them while they are "hot" and am thinking of doing a group interview.

Thoughts??

That's great Caressa! Maybe have a mini meeting, tell them all the basics of the biz. You'll still have to talk to each one individually to see what their decision is, can be after you've covered everything and answered their general questions. They may still have questions that you can answer when you're talking to each one individually.

Tell them you're having an opportunity event, and treat it as if they all came to your cluster meeting to learn more.

Good luck! Hope they all sign! :D

I like the idea, but would be afraid that if one was negative about something, that it may influence the others. Obviously if it is a person who is constantly negative about everything, the others would pick up on it, but then again if the negative one decided to sign it may make the others decide not to.
WOW, I sound really negative!!!!! With all of that said, I really do like the idea b/c they will be able to ask different questions that the others may never have thought of, ultimately leading to helping recruit each other.
Let us know what you decide to do and how it works out.

We've done this (my director and me) as an Opportunity Event. It's more of a Q&A, and actually, it seems to work well, because they feed off from each other, and are more apt to sign then.

Another thing is to just invite them to the next Cluster Meeting. I've never had or seen anyone one come to one of our cluster meetings and not sign!

If someone is negative, it gives you the opportunity to address each objection and ultimately overcome everyone else's. lol

Of course if they're wanting to meet now and interested, chances of negativity diminish.

Make it an opportunity event called "exploring The Pampered Chef" or something like that. Have consultant agreements there or your computer in case they're ready to sign. It's up to you whether you want them to have their first shows scheduled before having them sign. Have some of the kit products out. Make it Q&A. Then maybe ask each one, either in private or in front of the group, where they are on a scale of 1-10 of being ready to sign. Then ask what it would take for them to be a 10, ie. ready to sign. They may talk each other into it!

Good luck. It's great to have so many fresh leads.

What is group interviewing?

Group interviewing is a recruitment strategy where multiple candidates are interviewed at the same time by a panel of interviewers. This method allows for a more efficient and streamlined process as multiple candidates can be evaluated simultaneously.

What are the benefits of group interviewing?

Group interviewing can save time and resources for the recruiting team as they can evaluate multiple candidates at once. It also allows for a more diverse pool of candidates to be evaluated and promotes collaboration and teamwork in the interview process.

How do you prepare for a group interview?

To prepare for a group interview, make sure to review the job description and have a clear understanding of the qualifications and skills required for the position. It is also important to have a list of specific questions for each candidate and to establish a scoring system to evaluate each candidate objectively.

What are some common challenges in group interviewing?

One common challenge in group interviewing is managing the dynamics among candidates, especially if there are conflicting personalities. Another challenge is ensuring that each candidate has an equal opportunity to showcase their skills and qualifications.

How can you maximize efficiency in group interviewing?

To maximize efficiency in group interviewing, it is important to have a structured and well-planned process. This includes setting a time limit for each candidate, having a clear evaluation criteria, and involving a diverse group of interviewers. It is also important to provide timely feedback to candidates and to follow up with top candidates individually for further discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • ChefLisa