• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Two People Sign up Together?

In summary, one person can sign up for a show as the consultant, but the commission and everything else is in one person's name. The liability insurance only covers the person who is the official consultant. If the two want to do the shows together, one person can sign up and the other can sign under her. However, the agreement between them needs to be written down.
pamperedcheermom
I have someone asking about PC and wants to know if she can sign up with her sister. I'm assuming one can purchase the starter kit or they can split the cost of the kit OR they could each buy a kit. But they want to do shows together. Is that possible to sign them as a "team"? I need to let her know something soon.......like today!

Thanks

pamperedcheermom said:
I have someone asking about PC and wants to know if she can sign up with her sister. I'm assuming one can purchase the starter kit or they can split the cost of the kit OR they could each buy a kit. But they want to do shows together. Is that possible to sign them as a "team"? I need to let her know something soon.......like today!

Thanks

Only one person can officially be the consultant for a show. So, one person can sign up and they can do shows together, but the commission and everything else is in one person's name.

Also, the liability insurance only covers the person who is the official consultant.

I would encourage them to each sign up for their own business, but support each other. It'll save them a lot of headache over taxes, costs, expenses, commissions, etc.

Echoing what Keith and Noora said.

I know of people who have worked as a team. Both signed as consultants with their own kits. If these two want to do this, I suggest that one signs and then a day or two later the other one signs under her making the first one a Senior Consultant. Explain to them that whoever signs first has the possibility of earning extra PC $ in her first 90 days b/c the other one signs under her. But read the fine print on the 2nd person's qualification requirements for earning those PC $ for the first one. Confusing even to us who are in the biz. It may be really confusing to them.

Anyway, the people I knew did the shows together for the most part. They traded as to who was the consultant of record for each show. Not sure if they each kept the commission for their shows or split it somehow, but that has to be an agreement between them. By having their own kits, they were able to do shows independently. This worked out in the end b/c one quit before the other so the remaining one was able to keep working her biz without having lost anything.

they would both need to be covered with the liability insurance -- I know a man and a wife who would trade doing shows but only the guy was covered and they got a call about it -- cannot do shows without insurance!

I just got asked this today. I am encouraging them to sign one under the other. They can do the shows together (one says she can book and the other can cook!) trade off turning them in under each other's number and then split the commissions. This seems the fairest way since they would get an override when turning them in under the first one's number. I said you really would want to write down some sort of an agreement between you on these matters.

mspibb said:
I just got asked this today. I am encouraging them to sign one under the other. They can do the shows together (one says she can book and the other can cook!) trade off turning them in under each other's number and then split the commissions. This seems the fairest way since they would get an override when turning them in under the first one's number. I said you really would want to write down some sort of an agreement between you on these matters.

A consultant cannot recruit someone under the same roof. So, if they live together, one cannot sign up "under the other". They can both sign up under the same recruiter, however.

No they are friends that go to the same church.

I'm baffled on why anyone would want to make 1/2 as much. They could each do so much more by being in two different places at the same time & each doing their own show. ;)

Sheila said:
I'm baffled on why anyone would want to make 1/2 as much. They could each do so much more by being in two different places at the same time & each doing their own show. ;)

Hey if it will get them to give it a try???

Maybe they're scared of commitment. have them check out this site, it sure convinced me.... Because I was hearing about it from so many people, learning more about what kind of people do this (my recruiter and I are very different, seeing that All Kinds of people do this really helped, and seeing that there are many different ways to do this.Plus there are real quality people in PC, this site helped me meet more of them. Yes, my recruiter is a great person, but she is only one. This site helps add depth to the image of PCMarghi

So - our story.

I am "officially" signed up. I know that I have to be at every show for it to be covered by insurance, but Hubby and I are doing this together. I have two other jobs, hubby has one - so he ends up doing a lot of the between show paperwork, etc. We obviously share the commission - but for us, it is all to pay off debt, so it works. I love working together with hubby and at every show we have gotten compliments about how well and fun we are together ;-D

At the show itself, we have interaction demo, so the guests mainly do the cooking. I am currently the one doing a lot of the "talking" (commercial and host bennefit stuff - talking = my strength) and Scott pips in with facts about the products - he is really really good at random facts ;-) and he provides lots of the humor.

So, it works for us.

algdoughty said:
So - our story.

I am "officially" signed up. I know that I have to be at every show for it to be covered by insurance, but Hubby and I are doing this together. I have two other jobs, hubby has one - so he ends up doing a lot of the between show paperwork, etc. We obviously share the commission - but for us, it is all to pay off debt, so it works. I love working together with hubby and at every show we have gotten compliments about how well and fun we are together ;-D

At the show itself, we have interaction demo, so the guests mainly do the cooking. I am currently the one doing a lot of the "talking" (commercial and host bennefit stuff - talking = my strength) and Scott pips in with facts about the products - he is really really good at random facts ;-) and he provides lots of the humor.

So, it works for us.

I know there are quite a few married couples who do the business together, and I think it's wonderful that it's a team effort.

The difference between that and two friends is that you'll be filing your taxes together, and you're working toward a common goal. You would probably consider your income shared, even if only you did the shows.

With friends splitting commissions it can get muddled up with who gets how much based on what work they did. Plus PC reports your income to the IRS based on what you earned under your consultant ID. So if you split evenly after the shows, but one 1099 shows $500 earned and the other shows $1000 earned, one pays more taxes to the IRS than the other.

Also, if you have different goals (one wants to do it for fun, the other needs to pay for a new roof), your commitment level is different. There might be a time when one begins to resent the other for not doing as much because their motivation isn't quite the same. She might start thinking "I made all the host coaching and reminder calls and got all these guests to this show, that's why it's $1000. Why should she get half the commission. The last show was only $400 when she did the coaching calls."

Just my thoughts.

:D I can definitely see how a "couple" (married or not) could work together easily. You've technically already forged a bond to work together and (in most cases) already have joined finances so it wouldn't be a huge fight to try & divide up a "fair share" of the profits from a business venture.I still don't see why siblings or friends would join forces though in PC, they can do so much more in separate places. I know I wouldn't want to work out the headache of who gets what % of the money knowing that only one is paying the taxes. Oy!

Ha Ha. Noora posted while I was typing! LOL

I have a team. They are aunt & niece (close in age and do everything together) and do not live in the same house. They absolutely did (do) not want to both sign. I asked who was most committed to doing this and the niece was so she signed. I made sure they understood that only the one who signed was covered under the insurance. The niece does the demo, the aunt helps get bookings, helps with talking about products, etc. and does the dishes. Another relative does their taxes and has figured out a way to fairly split the commission. It works for them.

I have a mom/daughter team on my team. Daughter is married, and they do not live together, both are Consultants, with mom being recruiter of daughter. They love doing shows together, as mother is more comfortable NOT talking to the crowds right now, while daughter is much more outgoing. The biggest reason they love this setup is, they purposely spend lots of "quality time" together, and are getting much closer.

The biggest benefit, though, for those that might be asking about this, is that both of the consultants will ultimately learn the business together. They will grow closer together, learn (and earn!) together, and even provide challenge and support to each other. It probably isn't an "ideal" situation for everyone, but it is a beautiful thing when it does work!!

One thing to mention that I remember others mentioning when this question has come up, is how the incentive trips factor into the equation. If they are both consultants, and only one of them "earns" the trip, then the other can't go with them as a guest. They both have to earn it in order to go. If only one of them is the "legal" consultant, than the other can go on the trip as a guest.Someone please correct me or clarify if I have this wrong. :)

babywings76 said:
One thing to mention that I remember others mentioning when this question has come up, is how the incentive trips factor into the equation. If they are both consultants, and only one of them "earns" the trip, then the other can't go with them as a guest. They both have to earn it in order to go. If only one of them is the "legal" consultant, than the other can go on the trip as a guest.

Someone please correct me or clarify if I have this wrong. :)

Very good point (and yes, you're correct).

1. Can my spouse and I sign up together?

Yes, you and your spouse can sign up together as consultants for Pampered Chef. This is a great opportunity to work as a team and build your business together.

2. Do we need to purchase separate starter kits?

No, only one starter kit is required for both of you to sign up together. The starter kit includes all the necessary tools and materials for you to start your Pampered Chef business.

3. Can we share one consultant account?

No, each consultant must have their own individual account. This ensures that each consultant has their own unique ID number and can track their sales and commissions accurately.

4. Are there any benefits to signing up together?

Yes, there are several benefits to signing up together as a couple. You can split the cost of the starter kit and share resources, support each other in your business, and attend trainings and events together.

5. Can we join different teams within Pampered Chef?

Yes, you and your spouse can join different teams within Pampered Chef. However, it is important to communicate with your upline and team members to ensure that you are both on the same page and working towards the same goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • KarenMarie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • TJMagoo