• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What should I give my host when 3 recruits sign up at a party?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a successful party with three recruits signed, but one of the co-hosts was upset because she didn't receive any extra benefits from the new recruits. Suggestions were given to offer the host a promotion or a referral bonus for bringing in potential recruits. However, others disagreed and believed that the host should not expect anything extra since she did not actively recruit the new consultants. Ultimately, it was suggested to focus on the success of the party and not let one host's expectations affect the business.
scrappergirl7
Had a CRAZY party tonight! 1 recruit signed, meeting with 2 more tomorrow (they would have signed tonight, but silly me didn't have enough consultant agreement forms with me!). So, 3 recruits from one party. Sweet! :D

Here's the issue: one host (it was a co-hosted party) is a bit ticked because she doesn't receive any extra benefits from the girls who signed up. Obviously, the girls who signed would have ordered more tonight had they not been signing up, so I do kind of understand what she's coming from. Has this happened to any else? Should I be giving the hosts something extra out of my own pocket? If so, what should I be giving them? I like to make my hosts happy, but I have no idea if these new recruits will even qualify, so I don't really want to shell out too much....

Oh, and keep in mind that the party is sitting at $1100 right now, so it's not as if the hosts aren't getting anything. ;)

Wow! First of all, WAY TO GO!!! Sign up one of the hosts and sign one of the ones you are meeting with under her. She will get benefits when her recruit qualifies. Try $150 PC $ for recruit that does $1250 in 1st 30 days, plus all the April signing benefits, etc. She will get a promotion before she even has her kit! If she doesn't go for signing up you can maybe (if u can swing it) buy her a gift no more than $15/$20 only once the recruit qualifies. HTH! CONGRATS!!!

If the host wanted to sign, I agree with giving her the instant promotion. I also give my new recruits the current show AND the bookings as a signing bonus, it helps them get their new business up & off the ground. An $1,100 show would just almost have the host qualified. ;) She would then get the commission off the show as well as the co-host benefits. If her new recruits did qualify in their first 90 days, she would get the signing bonus (currently doubled if they sign before the end of the month & qualify in their first 30 days).If she's not willing to sign, then she needs to be happy for her 3 guests who ARE starting their own Pampered Chef Business!!! :DYou are not required to give them anything. If she had been out at a vendor fair asking people if they wanted to start their own Pampered Chef business & then bringing you potentials, then I could understand her wanting some sort of referral bonus. But that just wasn't the case. Don't let anyone else tell you how to run YOUR business. If you jump through hoops to make this host happy, you've set a precedence that you will do extras and will be expected to do them for everyone else that hears what you did. ;)

Wow Congratulations!!! What a great show total so far and the recruits to boot is so exciting! I agree with the others-great advice!

That is amazing! good for you!
I agree with the above. If she doesn't want to sign up though and brings it up again (about getting something for them signing) just say "That is a really good idea! I'll suggest it to home office. Unfortunately it isnt set up like that now but they are always looking for ways to make a great company even greater! I'll send the suggestion in when I get home" And do! They will pass it on, might not do any good, but you have done what you said you would do.
May or may not appease her, but there is only so much we can do in way of free products. I'm in this to make money not spend it. HO has a killer host program in place as is.

I have to respectfully disagree with what some others have posted...or at least add a layer.

So she doesn't want to sign? I'd be okay with that...but she did present you with a goldmine of 3 new consultants for your team - which means more income for you. I have a referral system I use, that when someone refers someone to me and they sign as a consultant and they qualify within 90 days - the person who referred them gets a $25 gift certificate to be used only with me. I think I would offer something similar to this host, as a thank you. I think that's just good business.

I agree with Becky - I'd definately do something nice for the host as a thankyou for introducing you to these new team members.

I agree with Becky, too--tell the host what you'll give her AFTER those new recruits qualify.

Becky, that's a great idea. I have a similar situation. One of the ladies from my church referred me to a good customer. I did a show for her, and presented the business. Well, she is currently on the director track for another DS company, so she didn't want to sign up, but her son did! I was wondering whether I should "reward" the first lady with a gift card. However, after reading your post, I will give her a certificate redeemable through me. After all, I never would have met the son (my first recruit, BTW), if it wasn't for the referral.

I would suggest that you also list the 3 recruits as parties booked off the original host. That will ensure that she will get 3 more host benefits when they host their own first shows. :)

Ditto. The 3 recruits have to have kick-off shows so the current host can get the past host benefit at those 3 shows.

If you don't want to do the gift certificate redeemable through you, you can do a RUFTH trivet as a referral gift for "sharing from the heart." Or look at what cranky co-host is ordering and see what can compliments her order, such as a chef's tool for each of the recruits who qualifies or just for signing. I think it's more important to thank a person for the referral than to wait longer for the recruit to qualify.

SueAdx said:
I would suggest that you also list the 3 recruits as parties booked off the original host. That will ensure that she will get 3 more host benefits when they host their own first shows. :)

I'm not exactly sure that the past host will get the benefit once these 3 people become a consultant. You should double check that with HO.

The booking benefit follows the host not the consultant. I have done Grand Openings with a new consultant and the host of the show where she signed received the Host special.

cookingwithlove said:
The booking benefit follows the host not the consultant. I have done Grand Openings with a new consultant and the host of the show where she signed received the Host special.

also, if a host becomes a consultant, whatever bookings she got off her show, the new consultant (who is also the past host) gets the host special for those shows if held within 6 months. But that's the only time a consultant can do that.

Congrats, by the way!!! Way to go!! I also do a "referral" gift ($50 gift cert with me) when the person qualifies, but I like the Chef's spoon (or something similar) and the trivet idea.

What is "3 Recruits and a Ticked Host!"?

"3 Recruits and a Ticked Host!" is a comedy web series that follows the adventures of three military recruits and their eccentric drill sergeant as they navigate through basic training and beyond.

Who are the main characters in "3 Recruits and a Ticked Host!"?

The main characters are Private Smith, Private Jones, Private Johnson, and their drill sergeant, Sergeant Hackett.

Where can I watch "3 Recruits and a Ticked Host!"?

The web series can be found on various streaming platforms, such as YouTube and Amazon Prime Video.

Is "3 Recruits and a Ticked Host!" based on a true story?

No, the series is a work of fiction and is not based on a true story. However, it is inspired by real-life experiences of military recruits and drill sergeants.

How many episodes are there in "3 Recruits and a Ticked Host!"?

There are currently 10 episodes in the first season of "3 Recruits and a Ticked Host!", with plans for more seasons in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Tenille V.
  • cincychef