• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doing Cooking Show for New Recruit

In summary, Karen's consultant is scheduled to have her first show next Friday and the host just contacted her today to sign up as a consultant. The host is considered a consultant at the time of the show, but the consultant should treat it as her introductory show and get credit for it. The rules are that whoever does the show/demo, is the one that should submit the show and get commission for it. Karen thinks that the new consultant should do the show herself. If there is a past host involved, the past host can still purchase the special.
Karen
Gold Member
I have a consultant in my downline who has a cooking show scheduled next Friday (the 16th). The host just contacted her today and told her she got online and signed up as a consultant under her. :sing: (They have talked in the past about the business, however the host was not interested.....SURPRISE, she is now!)

Is there any reason that she can not continue to do the show as planned and get credit for it eventhough the host will be considered a consultant at the time of her show?

I told her to treat this as her introductory show and that way any bookings that she receives would get her jump started to qualify within her 30 days and get all of the extra bonuses.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Karen

Karen said:
I have a consultant in my downline who has a cooking show scheduled next Friday (the 16th). The host just contacted her today and told her she got online and signed up as a consultant under her. :sing: (They have talked in the past about the business, however the host was not interested.....SURPRISE, she is now!)

Is there any reason that she can not continue to do the show as planned and get credit for it eventhough the host will be considered a consultant at the time of her show?

I told her to treat this as her introductory show and that way any bookings that she receives would get her jump started to qualify within her 30 days and get all of the extra bonuses.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Karen

It should be the host/consultant's first show - Her "Grand Opening". The recruiting consultant would be there for support and encouragement of her new downline.

The rules are that whoever does the show/demo, is the one that should submit the show and get commission for it. I know some consultants will do it differently and give the show to the host if they sign.

I think it's more beneficial for the newest consultant to do the show herself. She'll get the experience, and get to do her first goofs in front of her friends and family. The recruiter can be there to support and lend a guiding hand.

What if there is a past host involved.....meaning....If the old consultant gives the show to the new consultant/host as a starter show can the past host still purchase the special since it will be sent in under a different consultant?

klstaz said:
What if there is a past host involved.....meaning....If the old consultant gives the show to the new consultant/host as a starter show can the past host still purchase the special since it will be sent in under a different consultant?

No issue there. The past host benefit goes with the host not the consultant.

klstaz said:

Yes, the booking benefit follows the host, not the consultant. I just did a show for someone who had booked at her friends show, but didn't want the consultant who did her friends show to do her show...the past host was still able to get the host bonus.

I would definatly give this show to the NEW consultant it will be her 1 st (Grand opening show) as the recuter of her I would be there for support help ect

Also all of the Booking should also go to the NEW consultant they are her friends and family that going to be at the Party
They are going to want to support the new Consultant with her new business
This is how we help give the best Trainng so that she will see that we are there for them to grow there business .

Technically you cannot do a show for someone in your downline as the host. So the new consultant needs to do this show. Plus she should be the one to do her own show!

Not the way they explain a LAUNCH SHOW and the way they have been explaing this at NC last year . I even took a work shop that explaind this and this ia what our up line has been doing for a while now .

As long as they have bought there kit they can do the show even it it 10 min befoe the show . We end up doing the show together and it is a traing night too.

I would encourage Recruit #1 to give this show and the bookings to Recruit #2.I would coach Recruit #2 in how I do my shows, the various ways that she can do a show & let her choose which way she wants to do it & then I would be there to support her & answer any questions that she might have during the event. I've been taught (and agree) that it's VERY important for the new recruit to be viewed as the Consultant at her own show. If she's the "host" and you (or her recruiter) is the "consultant" (on paper or just in the eyes of the guests) then she's sabotaged herself with her own friends, as they still won't view her as a "real consultant" unless she's running the event. Once they see her as an actual PC Consultant, they will refer her to their friends/family and be more apt to purchase from her & host shows with her.I totally get the fact that Recruit #1 was counting on this to be her start in the business too. Encourage her to get busy on her list of 100 and find some new bookings!!! In the long run, she'll appreciate the promotion & overrides. 1 more recruit and she'll be promoted again to TL. And if she starts off with a bang & has her sales high enough in her first 4 months ... when she gets that 2nd recruit she could be getting HO leads too! I think once she starts to see the little extras on her paycheck, she'll appreciate all of this. And remember, under the current recruiting bonus ... if #2 qualifies in her first 30 days, #1 will get $50 for recruiting vs. $25. ;) Either way, she gets SOMETHING when #2 qualifies. Explain to #1 that this is a GOOD thing! Many Consultants go MONTHS or YEARS trying to get recruits and can't. The fact that she's starting off with a recruit before her very first show is awesome!!! Don't let this get her down, this should be an incentive to do really good and enjoy the benefits of being a Sr. Consultant. :D And, at some point if she decides to give up PC, think of her future resume! She got a promotion before her very first day on the job! How many people can say that??? :D

1. How do I plan a cooking show for new recruits?

To plan a cooking show for new recruits, start by determining your audience and their level of cooking experience. Next, choose a theme or focus for the show, such as beginner-friendly recipes or cooking techniques. Then, create a script or outline for the show, including the recipes and steps you will demonstrate. Finally, gather all necessary ingredients, props, and equipment for the show.

2. What are some tips for engaging new recruits during the cooking show?

To keep new recruits engaged during the cooking show, try to make the recipes and techniques relatable to their level of experience. Encourage participation by asking questions and involving them in the cooking process. Use humor and storytelling to make the show more entertaining and relatable. Also, provide opportunities for hands-on learning and tasting the finished dishes.

3. How long should a cooking show for new recruits be?

The length of a cooking show for new recruits will depend on the content and format. Generally, 30 minutes to an hour is a good length to cover a few recipes and allow for audience interaction. However, consider your audience and their attention span when determining the length of your show.

4. What type of equipment and setup do I need for a cooking show for new recruits?

The equipment and setup for a cooking show will depend on the recipes and techniques you plan to demonstrate. However, some essential items include a stovetop or oven, cooking utensils, pots and pans, and a camera or recording equipment if you plan to film the show. It can also be helpful to have a designated cooking area with a countertop or table for easier demonstration and audience viewing.

5. Can I make money from doing a cooking show for new recruits?

Yes, you can potentially make money from a cooking show for new recruits through sponsorships, advertisements, or partnerships with food companies or brands. You can also sell tickets to the show or offer a paid subscription for access to future episodes. Additionally, you can monetize your show by creating and selling merchandise related to the show, such as cookbooks or kitchen tools.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Oracle
  • Jennie50