• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

as aNew Consultant You Wish You Had Been Trained on ???

In summary, the new consultant wants to learn about PP, host coaching, and cooking etiquette. She is hoping to learn more about these topics in this training.
Jennie4PC
I have a new consultant who is coming to my house tomorrow for some training. She is driving 2 hrs so I really want to make this worth her time. She wants some hands on traing, I will definitly go over PP with her, but any other suggestions would be great.

Some things that I wanted to know more about when I was new:p3
How to organize everything
Host coaching
What to put in a host packetI'd ask her if she has anything specific in mind already that she is hoping to learn.I know there is online training for all that stuff, but I wanted to know really if people did and said things like they put on that training.

Host Coaching. Three years later, I'm still trying to figure it out...

If I were you, I would start out by asking her what she's already done (online training, read P&P, played with her tools etc). Ask her for any questions she has. Then ask her what her expectation is of how her shows will go and what she will have to do. Then fill in the blanks.

My HD and one of her directors do two new consultant trainings, which they rotate between them. In the first one, they cover the absolute basics like receipts and demo and such, and in the second one, they cover organziation and host coaching and a few other things that'll make more sense when you have a show or two under your belt.

I wish I'd had help with organizing things for tax time, like receipts, mileage, etc. Definitely teach her how to use contact management for each show as she goes, so it will be easy for her at tax time to print it out on a simple report!!

Also, I had no interest at all in recruiting when I first started, but I really wish my director had beat it into my head that I needed to talk about it at my shows from the beginning, as it's much harder to add it in later on, when you do want to!!

Use the "Guide to Supporting New Consultants". It is a great tool for training. For Host Coaching, follow the steps in our business binder. Use the 3 call system. Make sure she does the online training. Another great resource for all consultants. Don't reinvent the wheel. Use the tools the company provides for us.

thanks everyone for your input. Do the new consultants get the binder with your guide to a successful business or does it all come on the cd now?

Make sure she knows that all monthly incentives have to be held and submitted in the same month to earn the incentive. my first month I thought I was getting a bunch of stuff and called HO and they explained to me why I wasn't I was so upset and embarrassed. I know it states it on all the info but newbies won't quite understand at first.

First, tell her about this forum. It helped me tremendoulsy, Worth the small investment. It is nice to give a show outline, she can develop her own style after that. And tell her not to try to say it ALL. In my 1st shows, I lost a lot of people by talking too much.

Basic cooking etiquette/safety....not so much that I needed to know it myself- I think I do pretty good, but I am pretty sure there are going to be a lot of consultant's who could use this training! I would think if PC is having us out there representing them, you'd think they'd want to make sure their "Chef's" knew basic cooking rules (ie.- cross contamination, pulling your hair back, cutting boards for meat, etc...)

1. How do I effectively set up my business as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, it is important to start by setting up your business correctly. This includes creating a separate bank account for your Pampered Chef income, ordering business cards and other marketing materials, and setting up a designated space for your PC products and supplies.

2. How can I best promote my business and generate sales?

One of the best ways to promote your business and generate sales is by hosting parties. These can be in-person or virtual, and can be theme-based or general cooking demonstrations. You can also utilize social media to showcase your products and connect with potential customers.

3. What are the best ways to connect with and build relationships with customers?

Networking and building relationships with customers is key to success as a Pampered Chef consultant. You can do this by offering exceptional customer service, following up with customers after purchases, and hosting regular events and parties to keep customers engaged and interested in your products.

4. How do I effectively manage my inventory and orders?

Proper inventory and order management is essential for any successful business. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can use the consultant portal to track inventory levels and orders, as well as utilize the PC app for on-the-go inventory management.

5. What resources are available to help me grow my business?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to help new consultants grow their business, including training programs, marketing materials, and access to a supportive community of consultants. You can also reach out to your upline for guidance and advice on how to grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Nanisu