• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Long Distance Recruiting?

I think the idea of another person helping my team member out, was comforting to both her and me. I think she felt like she wasn't just going to be hanging out there, floating around and won't ever see anyone from PC again. My upline director has done hospitality and really enjoys helping others, and that consultant is just like a part of "our" cluster. It's all about helping each other be as successful as possible, wherever we are! :)My advice is to work with your upline to be sure there is hospitality who is willing. My experience was terrible. We couldn't get 2 different directors to return our calls. We worked with her over the phone and net but I felt she would
ChefCat
I have a lead, but they are basically across the country from me. Any tips on how to work with her as she is in the "considering the business" stage? Any tips for if she does sign?

I live in Kansas and just signed a gal from Florida, so I'm in the same boat. Thank goodness for email, facebook, and phone. Also, I will be calling to get her set up with a hospitality director ASAP. My plan is just to keep in touch as much as possible with both her and her hospitality director. I will probably touch base in person when I go to Disney World, then hopefully we can meet up at conference too. Any other ideas are helpful!! :)

I may be signing my first 'long-distance' recruit in June and really nervous about how that will work. Luckily, I have met her and know her a bit through a family member so there will be a lot of phone calls and emails!

gaddischef said:
Also, I will be calling to get her set up with a hospitality director ASAP. My plan is just to keep in touch as much as possible with both her and her hospitality director.

I haven't mentioned to my possible recruit that there is such a thing as hospitality yet. I guess I am afraid she would just decide to sign with a consultant who lives closer, and I can't really blame her, but I don't want to loose her as MY possible recruit. :confused: I'm feeling a bit selfish about it. I am so happy the PC has a hospitality program, but I wonder how the hospitality-giving director feels about it?

I think the idea of another person helping my team member out, was comforting to both her and me. I think she felt like she wasn't just going to be hanging out there, floating around and won't ever see anyone from PC again. My upline director has done hospitality and really enjoys helping others, and that consultant is just like a part of "our" cluster. It's all about helping each other be as successful as possible, wherever we are! :)

My advice is to work with your upline to be sure there is hospitality who is willing. My experience was terrible. We couldn't get 2 different directors to return our calls. We worked with her over the phone and net but I felt she would have done better if she had local support.

Hospitality is just that. You are relying completely upon the person as your lifeline for support, consultant networking and recognition. Finding the right person is key to your success. Harsh reality is, they're not getting paid to help you be successful. Your upline is. It is your own upline's job to help you succeed.

scottcooks said:
Harsh reality is, they're not getting paid to help you be successful. Your upline is. It is your own upline's job to help you succeed.

I completely understand. I have never recruited anyone before. My first serious lead is out of state. It is an additional challenge I have been given but I don't intend to let this challenge of distance stand in my way of this opportunity. I am trying to do the best job possible for this lead, myself, and our upline. I am fortunate to live near my upline which is very active and pretty large. My upline is involved and helping.

However I thought this whole Chef Success website was designed for additional help outside of and in addition to our own uplines. I'm just asking for additional tips and ideas on the topic of long distance recruiting. :) I very much appreciate everyone feedback. :)

I was previously with another home based business, and had a hospitality director, and I will honestly tell you it was great. I felt like I had two directors that I could always go to with questions or advice. One was better at selling and the other was better at recruiting. It was the best of both worlds.

1. What are the benefits of long distance recruiting?

Long distance recruiting allows companies to access a larger pool of qualified candidates, including those who may not be able to relocate. It also reduces recruiting costs and can improve diversity within the company.

2. How can I effectively communicate with long distance candidates?

Utilize video conferencing and virtual interviews to establish a personal connection with candidates. Use email, phone calls, and messaging platforms to stay in touch and provide updates throughout the recruiting process.

3. How can I ensure a smooth onboarding process for long distance hires?

Provide detailed information and resources regarding relocation, housing, and the company culture. Consider offering virtual onboarding sessions and a designated point of contact for any questions or concerns.

4. What are some best practices for long distance recruiting?

Utilize technology and social media to reach a wider audience. Be transparent about the job requirements and expectations, and provide clear communication throughout the hiring process. Utilize remote work tools and resources to help facilitate the transition for long distance hires.

5. How can I address time zone differences in long distance recruiting?

Be flexible and accommodating with scheduling interviews and meetings. Consider using tools such as Time Zone Converter to easily coordinate with candidates in different time zones. Clearly communicate any time differences and make accommodations as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmom2owen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
ChefNarde
  • chefannie
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • cloudyade